Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nevileen
Jan 4, 2008
just started watching the first episode, and I can already tell I'm going to like it. It was really neat of serval-chan to be like 'hey, you don't have to pant to cool off, and you're already rested up! that's really cool!' because humans ARE one of the few animals that are built for endurance - we're basically like terminators in that we can go for a really, really long time, to the point our signature hunting style is literally following prey until it exhausts itself. That's why we domesticated wolves - they're one of those other few animals that can actually sort of keep up with us. The little facts interspersed with character moments like that is pretty great, and I hope it keeps up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nevileen
Jan 4, 2008

Condiv posted:

if its body language is like parrots, then it was telling that deer to gently caress off as far as i can see.

oh yeah, that's definite 'gently caress off' behavior. Just not as severe as it could have been (I.E. actual biting) but enough where you can tell it's clearly annoyed and saying 'go away, my mouth is open which is all the better for me to bite a fool like you.' The jerky headthrust just kind of underlines the intent tbh.

Getting back on topic, I love all the little touches this show has so much. i noticed when serval's ears twigged to Margay (due to my dog having floppy ears, thus me being used to catching little changes in ear swivels like that) but I didn't even notice her face changes once she notices that the noise is happening and that it takes her a longer time to react to it (because animal sound to reaction time varies and is actually kinda bad in most cases! Fun fact, we're one of the few non-prey species that have an incredibly fast sound to reaction time, most likely due to the fact that while we were big enough (and smart enough/built for endurance enough) to hunt a wide variety of things, we could still very easily get our asses handed to us by local wildlife. So the ones of us that reacted faster to noises actually lived long enough to breed, and there you go.

I am a fount of too much animal trivia send help