Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Love Live season 4's concert CGI has suffered a bit, but I like how they're all penguins now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

demota posted:

Am I right in understanding that Kemono Friends is the anime equivalent of Jack in the Box tacos?

I'm from the northeast so I can't say for sure. Do these tacos look janky and taste mediocre for the first few bites, and then before you know it you've eaten ten of them and you're staring into the bag wondering why you didn't order more? If so, then yes.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

AnacondaHL posted:

is there a mysterious apocalyptic foreshadowing in this overextended taco metaphor?

The next day, in the bathroom . . .

e:f;b.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Space Flower posted:

maybe if you compared it to being recommended by your friends to a franchise-owned restaurant that seems corporate and cheap on the outside, until you step inside and the place has a local, comfortable atmosphere. the staff are all hospitable and while you're waiting for your meal, one of the owners stops by and chats with you because they work five days a week like everyone they employ, and their empathy for their workers shows. and then the food owns because they use fresh ingredients instead of last friday's refrozen dinner.

This is probably a better analogy. I like Kemono Friends more than fast food.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Holy poo poo I'm going to be like this :ohdear: for a week now.

On a more positive note, Bag-chan has gotten a lot of cool character growth over the course of the show (besides instinctively begging not to be eaten of course).

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Astro Ambulance posted:

here's the secret: it was that great

:yeah:

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

The amount of time that someone put into making this is a bit mind-boggling. Impressive.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Dzhay posted:

Honestly, I'm surprised no-one's made an edit of that song with Toki. It must not be as much of a meme as I thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFlVrojBWLc

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

If you close your eyes it sounds like an ice cream truck.

Japari Bus Ice Cream Truck. I want it in my neighborhood.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

What a load of corporate PR bullshit from Kadokawa.

I suppose all we can do from the sidelines is support any future projects by Tatsuki and Yaoyorozu, and ridicule season 2 when it turns out to be awful and/or nothing like season 1.

Agronox posted:

Kind of want to watch an anime about the making of Kemono Friends now.

That would be cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

These are good, now where is the Kaban wearing Ginko's medicine chest backpack and smoking a suspicious-looking cigarette.