Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Any show that gives you a shoebill girl who matches the animal's creepy way too intense death stares who's actually not that bad but just has a case of resting murder face is a solid show in my book.

Have you seen a shoebill hunt before? They're one of the birds that makes it totally obvious that they clearly evolved from dinosaurs.

https://youtu.be/4ArjlPAU_X4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Xelkelvos posted:

Here's a little of what the gameplay looks like

https://twitter.com/yosRRX/status/808805508836536321

Also somethign from Mine Yoshizaki's twitter: A bunch of Friends

https://twitter.com/yosRRX/status/716198454104428544

The game seems to clash quite a bit with the cutesy art direction of the anime.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Nevileen posted:

just started watching the first episode, and I can already tell I'm going to like it. It was really neat of serval-chan to be like 'hey, you don't have to pant to cool off, and you're already rested up! that's really cool!' because humans ARE one of the few animals that are built for endurance - we're basically like terminators in that we can go for a really, really long time, to the point our signature hunting style is literally following prey until it exhausts itself. That's why we domesticated wolves - they're one of those other few animals that can actually sort of keep up with us. The little facts interspersed with character moments like that is pretty great, and I hope it keeps up.

And I can barely be assed to endure the walk to the supermarket...

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Argh spoilers, geeze.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Raenir Salazar posted:

Literally The Wizard of Oz, meets The Jungle Book meets The Magic School Bus.

:aaa:

Those owls were the closest thing we've had so far to being antagonists and it feels great.

e: What if Bag-chan is a cloned human ala Jurassik Park?

What if Humans are the Dinosaurs that break out and eat the animals!?

We've seen that Boss has pretty substantial AI, so maybe there was a robot uprising (the Ceruleans) that forced all the humans into hiding.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Araki posted:

This show proves that the only good mobage is a dead mobage.

Also, I wonder why Lucky Beast's VA is listed as "????" in the credits.

Maybe it's synthesized somehow?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

That's kind of vague. For all we know that might just mean they'll make a line of animal girl pachinko slots.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

That was okay. I think the low budget really made this episode seem janky and rushed.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

AnacondaHL posted:

is there a mysterious apocalyptic foreshadowing in this overextended taco metaphor?

Eventually the tacos have to come out the other end.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Wait. Serval has human ears as well as cat ears?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm annoyed that they didn't make Giraffe really tall since that's the thing they're famous for.

At least the long hood they used creatively evoked that.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

a kitten posted:

Some friends and i once bolted a couple old snowboards to the bottom of a couch and took it down a sledding hill. It...it went a little less smoothly than the Friends' ski-tub.

You didn't factor in the imbalance in the couch and rolled end over end down the hill?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

They should just pay this person to redo the entire season for the Blu Ray release.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Annointed posted:

Ceruleans downed a B2. This does not bode well for humanity.

This show is so creepy if you know where to look...

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I don't think I am a Friend that is good at waiting for a second season.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

It's videos like this that remind you that the only major difference between your house cat and the other larger species is size.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Monster Hunter: Japari Park here we come!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

cathead posted:

Just when we thought TATSUKI couldn't get any more based, he casually makes another ~3 minutes of Kemono Friends.

https://twitter.com/irodori7/status/849299293789933568

So is this unofficial? Also, does anyone have it subbed yet?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

cathead posted:

I'm surprised we haven't seen more art of cat Friends with laser pointers, honestly. I've seen a number of "cat is freaked out by cucumber" ones though.

In Japans-memes-are-next-level news, the latest hashtag trend is the "#Learn With 'Stop, Fennec!' __________ Accident Series" . Apparently this spawned out of some fanart where Fennec is getting rather uh... amorous with Arai-san and she's all like "Stop, Fennec!", and has been turned instead into Arai-san giving helpful advice on preventing different kinds of accidents and disasters.

As an example:
https://twitter.com/sodbren/status/850499369967075328
"Stop, Fennec!
Using gloves like that while drilling is dangerous-no da!
The glove could get caught-no da!
#LearnWithStopFennecWorkRelatedInjurySeries"

This has spawned a ridiculous number of "series" hashtags dealing with topics from airline disasters to construction and automobile safety.

I love that they took something a bit creepy and made it wholesome. That's pretty much how Kemono Friends works after all.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Do those particular species have poor eyesight?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Hate-Senpai posted:

I found her, she's on stage with PPP.

You must be a Friend who's good at spotting things!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

StrixNebulosa posted:

Oh my goodness yes please, I can't wait to play as fantastic militarist mooses and conquer the universe.

You must be a Friend who is good at grinding countless worlds beneath their hooves!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

With those results, I'm pretty sure they'll be able to secure a second season. (An animation budget increase would be awesome too)

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This is so cute.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

PerrineClostermann posted:

Half the charm is the low budget though. They need to keep the style the same, though perhaps clearing up some of the very worst issues would be okay, I suppose. Things like.... The wheels not turning in the op?

The style is fine, but they could definitely accent it better with a larger budget. They could give the characters better facial expressions or add subtle details to their mannerisms that correspond to their animal.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Mordaedil posted:

I thought this show had hit peak adorable, but then a penguin falls in love with a 2d cutout, this is just too much.

He's her biggest fan! He knows all the dance moves.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

blastron posted:

why are all the animal people cute girls though

The apocalypse rendered all males inviable during development.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

nielsm posted:

But the populations seem to have sustained themselves for a long time?

It's actually stranger that you never see any untransformed animals. (I guess they're too hard to model and animate.)

We saw at least one at some point.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Schwarzwald posted:

Put aside how comical it is for a second (difficult, I know), just what does a cardboard cut out of a cartoon character even look like to a penguin? Like, it clearly does not look like an actual penguin. There isn't any penguin culture that would lead a it to associate penguin characteristics to the cut out. How exactly is it perceived?

This is genuinely puzzling me.

This isn't necessarily true. There might be enough similarity in particular cues such as the black and white color pattern to set off that response. Additionally, the penguin may be neurotic from living in a zoo, which might stimulate abnormal behavior.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

nielsm posted:

The old penguin may have poor eyesight and mostly just recognizing the general shape of something penguin-colored standing. Although that doesn't explain why he remains attracted, if he would have difficulty telling Hululu apart from anything else.

Attraction might be triggered by specific cues (i.e. supernormal stimulus https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernormal_stimulus). For example, you can stick a pair of boobs on pretty much anything and someone, somewhere will find it attractive.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Schwarzwald posted:

While a particularly shaped cartoon with appropriately colored clothing and accessories might signify a penguin themed anime girl to a human (who's been culturally exposed to the idea of such), the idea that it could signal the same to a real penguin is astonishing to me. Yet, I guess it can happen.

drat.

This phenomenon is also a huge part of the reason why some people find animated characters attractive. It's not because they actually look like people, but because the brain picks up on a collection of exaggerated features such as eyes, hip-to-waist ratio, or breast size and says, "Hey! Those things indicate good health. This thing must be a good mate." It applies to a lot of human behaviors like our love of junk foods.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Futaba Anzu posted:

I too prefer junk food with eyes, good hip to waist ratio, and boobs

Mods, change the ADTRW tagline. (Or GWS)

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

cathead posted:

I think her design is pretty clever:

The design elements are pretty neat. I still think making her fat would have been reasonable too.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

You must be a friend who is good at slaughter!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Wait so their new game is a TCG?

edit:

Is there a new movie?

http://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1490723541http://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1490723541

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

PerrineClostermann posted:

My friend is convinced it's a horrible thing they're doing

Why?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

It'd be ironic if Kemono Friends brought fur back into style.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Xelkelvos posted:

Crossover fanart with The Wild Thornberries when?

Already been done. The talking monkey was obviously a friend.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

They forgot fanny pack-chan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

They really should remove it for his well-being.