Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Ep 7: I'm very disappointed they had owls as the appointed professors of the library. Contrary to the popular depiction, owls are actually not very smart as birds go. They should have gone with corvids instead, like a pair of ravens.

Now looking forward to the penguin crew finally getting an episode next week.

nielsm fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Feb 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

There Bias Two posted:

Argh spoilers, geeze.

Seriously? Half of it is right in the episode title, the other part is almost irrelevant as far as the actual events of the episode go.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Need a comic comparing Baggy's situation with that of the mobile game.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

That was a pretty cool new cat.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

C.M. Kruger posted:

Well you could read the manga, which apparently takes place before the game so it's just a handler and some friends doing stuff.
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/kemono-friends-r20831

Well one interesting thing shown in chapter 2 there is that they also have a city area inside the park. Which would really be humans' habitat, though it probably wasn't built quite for that purpose originally.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

If a cockatoo Friend appeared, she would be smarter than any human, but still yelling all the time and destroying everything around her meticulously.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Futaba Anzu posted:

ok but what did this guy

mean by this

futaba = 2chan
Maybe they were collectively in a slump? I don't know.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

That was intense. The plot thickens!

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I noticed CR changed the subtitles from "Bag-chan" to "Kaban-chan". I'm not sure why they would.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

MJP posted:

Has there been any discourse on how the heck they keep producing Japari Buns?

In the cooking/library episode I think they mentioned taking some produce from the farms supplying the Japari Bun factory. So probably a fully automated hydroponics growing operation feeding into an automated processing line.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

It's over :qq:

But everything was very tanoshii and the ending was good. I want more. Friends outside the Japari Park island? Sequel hook??

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

One mystery that never got answered is why the electrical bus sounds like a diesel engine.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

serefin99 posted:

Holy poo poo, is that real? If so, hyped as gently caress.

It will never get an international release.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Also in the Tsuchinoko episode, the labyrinth was blocked with obsidian/other volcanic material all about, that may also be remains from ceruleans.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Those long gloves with gradiented cat print must be pretty difficult to make (and have look good) actually?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

The gloves wouldn't be too bad if you could find stretch fabric in the appropriate underlying gradient, I think, but the socks make me think she's somehow dying it herself.

I wonder if maybe a misting bottle with food coloring can be used to create the light yellow gradients, and maybe a different method for the black spots.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Someone has posted recordings of story segments from the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvOHAtp-0qU

Playlist
There's no voice acting, and no translation either (yet?).

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Plutonis posted:

I could definitely get the reason there's only females on the park is the same as in Jurassic Park

But the populations seem to have sustained themselves for a long time?

It's actually stranger that you never see any untransformed animals. (I guess they're too hard to model and animate.)

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

The old penguin may have poor eyesight and mostly just recognizing the general shape of something penguin-colored standing. Although that doesn't explain why he remains attracted, if he would have difficulty telling Hululu apart from anything else.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

cathead posted:

Kemono Friends is about to air in it's entirety on Twitch's anime marathon:

https://www.twitch.tv/twitchpresents

Starting at 5:30am EST, so in about 5 mins or so!

Twitch chat is even worse than usual.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Okay that was really amazing.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Taking Tatsuki back on board would make whatever high-up who approved/decided to fire him in the first place look bad. Attempting to produce a second season with new people has a chance of yielding a good result making the firing be a not straight up bad decision, and when a second season does fail, they can blame it on the "grunts" doing the work.

gently caress corporate politics.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

They should make a Girlish Number spin-off based on the KemoFure drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Chemo, no friends.