Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I was wondering why the Japanese internet was going crazy over this show so I jumped in to episode 5.

5 minutes in: WTF am I just watching a NHK educational kids show
10 minutes in: why am I still watching this and why can't I turn it off
End: すーごい! たーのしー!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Ha, NHK ran a short news story about Kemono Friends increasing traffic at zoos. However, the news story following it was about editing the genome of living creatures. :spooky:

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Episode 5 had GuP's Fukuda-dono and episode 6 had the whole Chiha-tan team.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
So apparently all of Toki's songs were ad-libs by the voice actor...wow.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
わーい!たーのしー!

Also looks better than the actual anime.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Davincie posted:

im both the balding guy jamming out, and the random gup cosplayer
Random? It's at Ooarai so it's to be expected :v:

Also, Mirai's "I be back soon" is kind of depressing if you consider that the deterioration of the park clearly shows that's is been more than just a couple of years.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

cathead posted:

The original pic was done by Tatsuki as a promo for Doubutsu Biscuits x PPP's appearance at Animelo Summer Live (Anisama) in August. Apparently Shoebill and Otter's VA will be joining them as well.

Also their performance on Music Station was earlier today and was very cute and pretty well done.

edit: found a better recording
Their interview was however very cringe worthy.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Good news! The first two Blurays sold a combined total of 120000 which is really high for an anime.

Zettace fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Apr 22, 2017

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
It's also half the price of an anime blu-ray and they're selling it with a book so you have to factor that in but yeah it's doing pretty amazing.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
"Kemono Friends literally saving Japanese Zoos"

Well, Japanese zoos have really low standards in their habitats so maybe this is not a good thing...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Apparently Grape-kun's wife left him for a younger penguin before the Fururu panel showed up so no wonder he turned to 2D lol