Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emergency Mittens
Mar 20, 2010

quote:

Let's go buy Kemurikusa as well!

T/N: Kemurikusa means tobacco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emergency Mittens
Mar 20, 2010

esselfortium posted:

Yeah, that. Somebody at Kadokawa kicked the original production team off from the planned second season. If I remember right, some of the voice actors quit in protest after that.
The second season wasn't just planned, it had already been in development for months. No VAs have quit.

Stumbling Block posted:

They also decided to not use Mine's character designs as well. Not sure if it's because Mine voiced his displease to the firings(or if he say anything at all), or the company just decided to just say screw it and start anew.
What are they using then?

By all accounts Mine is the one with the final say on Kemono Friends. As for the implications of that...

Emergency Mittens
Mar 20, 2010

TasogareNoKagi posted:

The official reason for taking Tatsuki and Yaoyorozu off the project was "using project assets without permission" for making the 12.1 short with the official character models, songs, and VAs.
That isn't the official reason either, just more speculation.

Officially, it's still "Yaoyorozu couldn't agree to the production committee's demands and resigned."
Kadokawa CEO's statement at the recent stockholders' meeting
Initial statement from the production committee

Yaoyorozu's producer says the decision wasn't made by them and that he wasn't sure what the problem was in the first place.
He also explicitly denies the allegations in the official statement applying to 12.1.

Emergency Mittens
Mar 20, 2010

El Burbo posted:

It probably refers to TV Tokyo producer Hosoya, who was known to start flame wars on twitter, and is suspected of running an alt account where he also started flame wars and made fun of Tatsuki. (People caught on to that account because it responded weirdly to that coffee joke i posted upthread)

The coffee guy was an entirely different member of KF2 staff posting under his real name who despised S1 fans and held a grudge against Tatsuki. Confusing, I know.