Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
This show is a great example of how a visual medium can overcome limited visuals well. The cgi is jank and really just kinda not needed at all and the general concept is incredibly simple and silly, but the sheer amount of effort every other step puts in makes it better than the 'eh, ok that happened' show it'd normally be.

This is a cute show with fun animal bits, the simple story is treated actually as an important thing regardless and they manage to blend the whole typical 'MY PAST IS HIDDEN FROM ME BUT I BET IT'S NOT HAPPY' trope with silly fun, and the voice actors and designers go hard to bring their character ideas to life. Any show that gives you a shoebill girl who matches the animal's creepy way too intense death stares who's actually not that bad but just has a case of resting murder face is a solid show in my book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zeruel posted:

Holy gently caress. Just marathoned the show. The penultimate episode took a turn I did not expect :stare:

What started as a semi-ironic watch turned into a genuine love. Good show with tanoshii Friends.

every season has a show that I watch thinking I'll laugh at it and get bored half in and then I wind up loving it. I'm glad that slot got filled by a show about cute animals for a twist.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

PerrineClostermann posted:

Must buy.

Must buy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

chumbler posted:

Could be there are legitimate reasons, but if not this sounds like a monumentally stupid move.

obviously there are a wide amount of very valid reasons to fire someone but with no actual info and the absolute sudden "NOPE OUT OUT OUT NEW DIRECTOR BYE" nature of it most fans are kinda understandably confused and annoyed and thus more willing to believe

Waffleman_ posted:

A lot of people are suspecting this is the first step in homogenizing the series now that it's successful and marketable.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

leather fedora posted:

Also it's now Tatsuki's birthday.

hahaha christ

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Agronox posted:

Kind of want to watch an anime about the making of Kemono Friends now.

"You must be a friend who's very bad at damage control!"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pollyanna posted:

I love how in their rush to prospect the IP they completely hosed any chance of drawing another audience for it. They deserve it, capitalist pig dogs.

Really, it went from 'haha ok this is kinda badly made anime but it's so cute' to 'actually real rear end fuckin zoos are promoing it and everyone is talking about how great it is' to 'nope gently caress you guys' in record pace.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Super Jay Mann posted:

It’s been two days since this happened and I’m still absolutely livid about this and this has never happened to me before with any other anime-related thing and it’s not fun at all.

it's a genuinely really bothersome thing just because it was such a sweet underdog heartfelt thing that by all metrics should have flopped to begin with. Instead fans embraced it and it got huge thanks to stuff like silly side things and fan arts and all, so them being all 'uh we have to protect our IP that's why we shat all over our own people doing something the fans enjoyed' feels so lovely. Not only is it just a terrible way to treat the people who work for you, it's a complete 'yea but gently caress that' over how the show got to be this golden goose to begin with.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I enjoy petty artist moments, especially when they're 100% justified.

"You can't just make Kemono Friends on your own, we own that"

"What do you mean, this is an entirely new story about strange animal like girls being cute done in the same style made by the same people?"

Also with the horns and shrine and all maybe this would be more like a yokai style flavor?