Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

blastron posted:

Man, I wish this show was better. This last episode really showed every single weakness the show has, from the literally three songs in its soundtrack to the awkward timing between both comedic and dramatic beats to the lack of any real animation. The avalanche scene had literally zero tension in it since any motion that could have shown the characters actually hurrying to save themselves happened entirely offscreen, leaving awkward pauses where action should have been, and their escape managed to feel like a huge rear end-pull because neither that run nor the skis were even shown on-screen before the instant they were needed. I bet that 80% of the entire animation budget went into those dancing penguins last episode, leaving just scraps for the actual life-threatening peril that they didn't actually convey.

The gags are good, the animals are well-characterized, and the mystery is compelling, but apart from that I have no idea why I keep watching this pile of garスッゴイィィ! たのしいぃぃぃぃ!

Counterpoint: this episode could not have been any better

every cut corner is a charm point

I hope they are simply saving the remaining budget for the harbor or the final season episode

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

the last episode with the red fox featured ... a french canadian zookeeper?

I took french a long time ago and I had a horrible time trying to pick out her words because of the audio quality

it's still fun though

and I wonder if the inevitable english dub will redo those sections in english with a studio-quality recording so they can more easily pawn this off as "edutainment"

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Mentat Radnor posted:

I'm from the northeast so I can't say for sure. Do these tacos look janky and taste mediocre for the first few bites, and then before you know it you've eaten ten of them and you're staring into the bag wondering why you didn't order more? If so, then yes.

That's accurate

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

In addition, friends from out of town wonder why you're eating this trash when the "real stuff" is all around you

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Shirtless Turtle posted:

I came across this after seeing the blowup of fanart. I haven't seen such a thing since Kancolle. Watching the first episode I almost dropped it immediately because of how bad the CG was, especially during the chase sequence between Kaban and Serval. Somehow though I pushed through to episode two, and when I saw how the bridge was in ruins and the bus was separated, my interest was piqued. I had checked out the manga, where you see Japari Park open and operational, before watching the anime, so I wasn't expecting things to be run down. This was strengthened more when I watched the credits sequence (I had skipped it the first time) and saw the pictures of all the abandoned parks with the Friend's silhouettes. Seeing that kind of made me feel sad, like they were lonely ghosts wandering the park, wondering where everyone had gone. I knew right then and there that I had to stick with it just to see what was going on and if things will get better. I'm glad I did.

tl;dr: it's good

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

this show has more heart than anything I've seen this season

the anticipation is incredible

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

MJP posted:

Welcome to youkoso Japari Groovy Park https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em3XjsMuhTA

A++ friends good at jazz

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Woodpecker: And the mystery cerulean has also been eating our japari buns!

Kaban: No, that was Serval.

Serval: How did you know?? :eyepop:

Kaban: :rolleyes:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

it's an idol's job, at any rate

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

blastron posted:

why are all the animal people cute girls though

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

chumbler posted:

I'm a tsuchinoko if I remember correctly. Just like the rest of the internet claims to be.

on the internet, no one knows if you're a tsuchinoko

but you're likely to be one anyway

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I'm gonna be doujin-hunter kaban

the most sauciest comics for the most discerning fujoshi friends

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

serval: kaban, do you have anything in your backpack for this situation?
me: uh
me: well, I know how we can pass the time

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

GotLag posted:

Where would the shoulder straps go?

between the ears?

it'll work somehow!

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

actually, just strap it on his waistband and his ears

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Command Ant posted:

This is going to end with that cut-out coming to life and dancing with Grape-kun as Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now plays.

I've never watched Mannequin (although I grew up with that song) so ...

the song is still playing but I'm imagining select scenes from Requiem for a Dream

"we've got a winner!"

Agronox posted:

Well, Grape's a senior citizen, no use in shattering his delusions. It's a happy ending.

:yeah:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

wheelgun wielder posted:

That pic made me realize...

Grape-kun is old and he sits in his pen, gazing at the 2D cardboard cutout, dreaming of a waifu.

And I... Grape-kun is I am old and he I sits in his pen my apartment, gazing at the 2D cardboard cutout paper posters, dreaming of a waifu.

Je suis Grape-kun.

:same:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Kwyndig posted:

Exactly, but again this would be a terrible idea unless Friends emit some kind of pacifying aura or pheromone that also works on dinosaurs.

Edit: somebody picked up My Girlfriend is a T-rex for American distribution? Companies will publish loving anything now.

wait, this was not some sort of joke image?

FAKE EDIT: omg

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

https://twitter.com/ueyamamichiro/status/885052744276611074

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

https://twitter.com/mefomefomefo/status/888693967218462720

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

not with that av

noda

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Ammat The Ankh posted:

But it's technically impossible to improve on "LALALALA LALALALA OH WELCOME TO THE JAPARI PARK"

welcome to youkoso japari park

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

you keep what you kill eat

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

one more level!

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

There Bias Two posted:

They should just keep it away. There's no way that is good for the penguin's health.

he's an old man, let him have his vices in his twilight years

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

https://twitter.com/tobuzoo7/status/909572408532647938

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

You can not bully the Arai-san

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Super No Vacancy posted:

this is kadokawa's fault

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Indeed, it is the role of a mother in Friends’ culture to consume their offspring

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

El Burbo posted:

He was very old so he was going to pass away sooner or later

:yeah:

why do people forget this

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

SirPhoebos posted:

Okay, so what's a better way to watch it?

I can PM you a pass to crunchyroll which should bypass the ads for a few days. Send me a PM or just mention it here in this thread.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

https://twitter.com/gsc_kahotan/status/970534338344361984?s=21

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:golfclap:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

https://twitter.com/crunchyroll/status/1050785928137072640?s=21

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Does anyone know what “Welcome to Japari Park” is?

Six episodes released today:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/welcome-to-the-japari-park/videos

Is this S2 or something?

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

if the series gets pulled from crunchyroll and given to amazon or funimation (the latter will probably try to dub it, I think) I’ll probably laugh for a good hour, non-stop.

Then I’ll sell my japari nendos on sa-mart on the cheap

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Alfredo Jones posted:

Any idea if there is going to be a simulcast for the second season? I'd at least like to give a shot before completely writing it off.

https://twitter.com/crunchyroll/status/1063628038896795648?s=21

According to Crunchyroll, S2 is coming Jan 2019

They will likely simulcast it like they do everything else

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Tatsuki’s new anime will be 12 episodes and will be on a lot of japanese channels as well as Amazon Prime Video

anime strike ... um ... strikes again

this is the worst timeline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Zeruel posted:

Any reason why that's bad? I'm looking forward to it and hope he sees great success.

because I don’t want to pay for amazon prime and would rather see it on Crunchyroll

Terrible Opinions posted:

Anime strike is why the second season of Bahamut never got a dub, which is a crime, but evidently season 2 was bad anyways. So maybe I was just sparred.

There is no good dub or especially notable sub team here to discontinue, so I don't really see much wrong with it aside from further splitting up streaming services.

splitting up services is exactly the issue that I dislike

I already have netflix and CR

I am all for Tatsuki doing an original independent thing to keep but I kind of wish it was anyone but Amazon