Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Kind of want to watch an anime about the making of Kemono Friends now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Did anyone say Animal Girlish Number

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Be nice everyone, this is a day of mourning!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
That Serval-chan was black market and declawed. :(

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-nws-pa-reading-african-serval-cat-20171110-htmlstory.html

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

nielsm posted:

They should make a Girlish Number spin-off based on the KemoFure drama.

It's a legitimately fun story apart from the ending. I'd watch the movie. Almost like The Producers, but uplifting.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Well, I don't know what they're saying, apart from a few things, but that's a very relaxing short.

Gushu gushu.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Probably Grape-kun, rest in peace.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Kadokawa totally killed any momentum this series had, didn't they?

Pretty much. But it would've been a hard act to follow. Part of the joy of it was watching what looked to be a shoddy production of a generic mobile game turn into so much more; there's no way they could replicate that now.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

No Tatsuki no tanoshi

The trailer on youtube is currently sitting at 3,300 likes, and 21,000 dislikes.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I kind of see Kadokawa as the Ned Beatty character here in Network, and Tatsuki as Peter Finch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jmuhZY2mgs

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I hope that says “no tatsuki no tanoshi”

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

a kitten posted:

Sometimes I'm still just floored about how this astonishing underdog success of a show got all that enjoyment and good will trashed so thoroughly.

It would be unbelievable in an Ayn Rand novel, and it actually happened. You'd think a sheer mercenary interest--money from (KF + Tatsuki) > (KF + someone else)--would've kept the publisher from doing this, but there you go.

It's super weird. I hope we someday get the full story.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
eternal sunshine of the serval mind

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Dzhay posted:

Make the thread and call it "Kemurikusa: kemono fronds".

Done!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3882252

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Is it amusingly disastrous or just boring and bad?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
“Oh, you’re a Friend who refuses to die gracefully”

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

El Burbo posted:

https://twitter.com/Ryuichi_Kimura/status/1112772953437949952

Kimura says "It's not over yet"

Everyone replies "no, please stop"

Holy crap you're not wrong, they're going pretty hard

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Annointed posted:

Excuse me but who is this person you're quoting?

Kimura is the director, the person who wishes for his life to be finished if possible is a random who nevertheless got 39 likes for the message.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Annointed posted:

What a shame this whole season 2 has been. I'm not even angry, just sad that this is what fans who stuck around got.

It would’ve been heartbreaking had Tatsuki not gotten another show. But Kemurikusa exists and was pretty good, so I try to remain positive.

Last night I re-read some of the earliest pages of this thread. It was fun to see most people turn around on S1 from “what is this janky garbage” to “oh this is adorable and I want to post 400 pieces of fan art.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Indiana_Krom posted:

Here's an image I saved from this thread:

Those were the days.

Yes! I was running a bishojo-style Serval avatar for a while, and there were some Cup Servals around too (of whom I think only Annointed remains). There was also Got Lag who had a Lucky Beast av.