Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I've never seen this show but I'm apparently between the ibis and the beaver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Hm. Given the past page, maybe I should watch the show before reading the thread. :downs:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Is the animation in the first episode supposed to be incredibly choppy, or is that just Crunchyroll?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I am definitely beaver.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pollyanna posted:

I am definitely beaver.

I am also margay.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Finished this series. This was such a loving weird show :psyduck: But it was cute!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

So does that mean humans aren't extinct yet, since Kaban still has a light in her eyes?

I thought the whole thing about the show was that there just weren't any humans on the island anymore, not the entire planet?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Just read up on Grape-kun and I am loving dying, send help. I never thought I'd sympathize with a penguin :smith:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

If they come out with a shoebill one I might actually buy stupid anime merchandise for once in my life.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Not satisfied until I see a quetzal friend. :colbert:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I mean I guess. lucoa still rules tho

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Agronox posted:

I didn't know at the time--a nice Lucky Beast upthread told me later--but when you shrink an image for an av it sometimes weakens the lines :(

I might switch to a Re:Life av in a bit anyway.

BTW, Season 2... I wonder how they're going to do it? Part of what made the show TANOSHII was that it was a diamond in the rough. Episode 1 looked weird and janky, and it was only in later episodes where the mystery of the whole park got interesting.

Prolly just a cash grab in the style of the mobile game. Season 1 is not something you can replicate.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

galagazombie posted:

It's funny how this show took off when the thing it exists to promote went kaputt before it even released. It's like if the G1 Transformers cartoon was still successful but the Toys it existed to sell were discontinued before episode 1 aired. What are they supposed to do at this point? Try to relaunch the phone game? Make a new one? Pretend we have always been at war with EastAsia and it was always about the cartoon?

Take advantage of what's most popular at the time and double down on the anime+merchandise while they redesign the game into something worthwhile, if they find a demand for it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

This must be the work of a friend!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

frierds

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I've been fired on my birthday before. Can't recommend it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Capitalism, heartless? No.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Hahhahhahahahahhaha what a fuckin' farce. Kinda figured they'd gently caress up such a massive cash cow as this.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I love how in their rush to prospect the IP they completely hosed any chance of drawing another audience for it. They deserve it, capitalist pig dogs.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Super Jay Mann posted:

Apparantly they also got Twitter to censor/blacklist the hashtags fans have been using the past couple days?

Hahahaha what the fuuuuuuuck.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Holy gently caress.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

https://twitter.com/everywordisgay/status/917108702544400384

https://twitter.com/nise_shi/status/917167104863854594

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I'm not crying. It's just been raining on my face. :cry:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Armband :cry:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I really doubt it will happen since I think it would clash with the zoo’s overall aesthetic, but man does it make me sad :(

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Brownieftw posted:

But you might end up in the other world in the above guy's avatar, and that would be terrible.
edit new page:

I see you use f.lux too :haw:

edit: Wait. Would f.lux even capture that lighting? I think I'm wrong, actually.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

idgi

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I am disgusted.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

gently caress capitalism

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I mean yes but also gently caress capitalism too.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

https://twitter.com/___sai___/status/946797421518041088

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I think they’re removing the board from Grape’s exhibit.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Youkai Friends would genuinely own if done well.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

GotLag posted:

Literally "smoke-stink", no?

Kusa (草) means grass. Smoke-grass, which in this case is tobacco and not cannabis.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

It's fitting, too.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vts3-wXsLs

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Did Serval’s loving heart get ripped out?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Agronox posted:

Pretty much. But it would've been a hard act to follow. Part of the joy of it was watching what looked to be a shoddy production of a generic mobile game turn into so much more; there's no way they could replicate that now.

Remind me again what caused it all to collapse? Typical "oust the original staffers to make something more mainstream" poo poo?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Lurking Haro posted:

The audition script is the stolen script. It was available for download to anyone.
The audition also only started today, first requiring video applications.

-e-
That's the original author whose script they stole
https://twitter.com/withteacher_a/status/1036263394687385600?s=19

The script is pictured in the Twitter thread.
It's not related to Kemono Friends in content.

Greblin posted:

Speaking of VAs, it's come out that for the new unit they were making, they had applicants write their bust/waist/hip sizes on the application form. And they were specifically looking for under-aged girls who were not attached to an agency. So yeah, it keeps getting worse and worse.

Edit: Oh, and asking for that information violates Japanese employment laws.

If you had asked me a couple years ago what the legacy of this lovely CG cartoon would be, "incredible amounts of scandals" wouldn't be my first guess.

boredsatellite posted:

kadokawa is too big to collapse from something like this

Too big to fail, you say? Sounds like we need some old fashioned busting. :ussr: :thermidor:

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Sep 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ewww, they're doing the weird facemouth thing.