Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Just got this in the E3 sale. It owns but is there some BP mode where I can force it to throw only offspeed stuff? I know half the challenge is picking them up vs a fastball but I can't manage to connect at all.

Also I think I've walked like twice in any mode playing this a lot for like a week, online and off -- aside from my discipline, everyone just throws strikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

How hard are the team epics? Cause I really want that Crime Dog '95.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Also, this is not just me, right? -- there are more than a handful, like 10% I'd guess, of pitchers who have what has to be a glitched animation, where like their arm slot instantaneously changes at the moment of release and the ball comes out completely hosed up and I can't hit any of them for poo poo. Mike Foltynewicz is the one guy at MLB I can name off the top of my head but I saw plenty of others in MiLB RTTS. It's so bogus.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Two things that happen way more in this game than IRL: infield hits and bloops that should be base hits turning into FCs when the AI holds a runner from first too conservatively and the outfielder is shallow enough to force them at second (I was actually wondering if a real scorer would call that an FC and rob the batter of what would've been a hit no question without a baserunning mistake).

I tried to play a few games of that event that started this afternoon (AL pitchers, NL hitters, no diamonds, <=78 team OVR) but everyone's just playing their normal lineups of like seven high golds and using trash SPs to make the rating, then replacing the SP with some monster reliever after the first batter cause it doesn't matter in a three-inning game. They need to do something like the way a plain old rated online game with two MLB teams carries over fatigue tied to the rotation slot to prevent that cause it's bullshit.

Got 39/40 Braves for the team epic but it'll take me weeks to grind out stubs to buy Freddie. Randomly dropped Aaron Nola and noticed the Phillies don't even have a gold player so that looks like a pretty easy epic, might pick that up along the way (though the reward is a commensurate gold Mike Schmidt (no disrespect, don't throw a battery at me Phils fans)).

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I like all the programs and missions giving you a reason to try out with different kinds of players but drat is the whole UX around them hosed. No way to save specific lineups of rookies/breakouts/vets/guys from one team when you're targeting stats for them? No badge like a bouncing exclamation point icon leading you toward missions/programs where you're got rewards ready to unlock? I had to just sit down with my phone and take a bunch of notes specifying the goals I needed to hit with say, any pitcher or a rookie pitcher or a specific guy in ranked or CPU or conquest games so I could look them up after the random pitcher selection and know what I was going for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Wow I didn't think a pickoff move could ever actually succeed in this game but I just got Ryan Braun at first with Aaron Nola. I just reflexively try one with any runner with decent speed assuming it might discourage a CPU steal.

• Locked thread