Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

well today they confirmed a 90 overall Schwarber postseason flashback so we already know the greatest card in next year's DD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Allegedly this season RTTS has a story in it, but the update on that isn't until the middle of march so we don't have much info on it yet.

As for actual gameplay? New ball physics, which may or may not have much of an impact. Allegedly bunting will be harder. I don't think this year is going to be a great leap forward or anything

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

So apparently in online game modes bunting with guys who shouldn't bunt will directly force it to fielders.

They tried to show this off in today's stream but it crashed the game instead

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Well, I've really liked what I've played so far. The new ball physics make more of a difference than I was expecting, and the additions to RTTS are nice.

now if only the loving servers worked

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Paperback Writer posted:

So there's no way pre-game to see if you're going against a righty or lefty online?

nope

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

by no means would that be normal. It has actually happened though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vlemZpFOwM

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Well, finished my diamond mission starter, open the pack and who do I get?

Breakout Eric Karros.

Have to be honest, was hoping for really, just about anything else

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

DrNutt posted:

What a drag. You can't use imported music for stadium stuff like walk ups and home runs. I was really looking forward to walking up to Bad and Boujee.

What is it from devs in 2017 not able to implement cool stuff from the most perfect sports game ever made aka ESPN Football 2K5? I mean it's over ten years later and with all the obsessive nitty gritty poo poo you can do in the game for customization it feels like a massive oversight.

you can actually. make sure you've added the song to in game music cues, and then you can go to the music editor for markers

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

JPrime posted:

My RTTS abomination/pitcher got called up, but I didn't save my game so now he's still in AAA. What the hell is a Vulcan change anyway?

changeup, but instead of using the pointer and middle finger you use the middle finger and the ring finger, so it kinda looks like a vulcan salute

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

so we're onto our 3rd event of the season, and I'm thinking that they were a cool idea, but I'm not really all that happy with the execution. I think over the course of all three events I've had one game that wasn't a total stomp one way or the other

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

KDdidit posted:

Is the only Diamond Dynasty vs CPU mode the take over the US thing. 3 innings seems perfect for a quick game. Have no interest in playing online but seems like to get all the good rewards you have to play the other modes. Seems like other sports games with these kind of modes have a few rewards behind that wall, but the show has most of them.

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking, but there are some pretty decent rewards for finishing conquest. 10 pack bundle for completing it, every time you complete it. After the first time you complete it you unlock like, 8ish missions that give you most of a gold infield, a diamond OF and 2 diamond pitchers.

If you mean specifically building teams without playing any of the online only modes like BR, events or online seasons, you can still build a good team, you're just going to need to be luckier with opening packs.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Just got this in the E3 sale. It owns but is there some BP mode where I can force it to throw only offspeed stuff? I know half the challenge is picking them up vs a fastball but I can't manage to connect at all.

Also I think I've walked like twice in any mode playing this a lot for like a week, online and off -- aside from my discipline, everyone just throws strikes.

As far as I'm aware there isn't really a way to force the pitcher to throw offspeed stuff sorry. I will suggest trying some of the other hitting cameras. I personally fish eye, but I think it's usually strike zone or offset zone that are most recommend to people trying to get better at hitting. Also, just as a general warning, the computer doesn't really throw balls all that much until about all star difficulty, so it's pretty difficult to get walks on anything lower than that

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

actually getting some of these missions that require complete games in ranked seasons feels impossible some times. I've never managed a complete game shutout in ranked seasons because if I have a shutout through 7 innings they always quit

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

team epics as a whole aren't too bad, as long as you have that entire team's roster. Off the top of my head the only particularly hard team epic 2 is the A's. The team epic 4s aren't terribly difficult as a whole, but some of them are hassles

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

well, the all star programs have been announced, and again there's no online play required, which is nice. In it's place there's just massive amounts of grinding, which is less nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

well, I'm done with this game. I'm tired of losing games by one run because my well hit balls, pci on it, good timing, are flyouts to the track when it feels like every game I give up a cheap run or two because the other guy gets hits on late contact

also tired of loving flashback ben revere, but that's a whole other point entirely

• Locked thread