Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
My pitcher has now been traded twice. I was drafted by the Rays, traded to the A's in late June, then traded to the White Sox in late July. I assume this all happens randomly.

In other news, the pitching sliders went from Hall of Fame to Legendary, and I went from being Kershaw in AAA to whoever it is that the Reds throw out on the mound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

TMMadman posted:

Yeah I think being traded is just random and based on team needs. It happens.

You should eventually get used to the sliders.

I use the dynamic sliders for my RTTS starting pitcher who is in his second full year and in the Twins starting lineup. I bounce between Legendary/Legendary+ and I usually get 5-6IP (I usually think I get pulled too early) with usually between 4-8 Ks, a few hits and a run or two. Occasionally, there's the bad game where everything blows up.

edit - Also, I love my current pitch selection of 98mph 4-seamer, 81mph screwball, 88mph splitter and 79mph sweeping curve. It's just brutal on everyone. The fastball keeps people jumpy, the splitter works as a good change of speed and you've got a breaking ball that moves towards each side of the plate.

I have noticed that the managers have a quicker hook than they did in the last Show I played, which was 12.

I pitched well in Double-A and Triple-A in my first year, then the White Sox sent me back to Double-A at the start of my second, and now I can't seem to have a good game. My ERA is hovering around 7, and the difficulty slider just keeps decreasing. As far as I know, I am not doing anything differently.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I started as a SP, and the White Sox moved me into the closer position. Every time I tell my agent I want to become a starter, he tells me that if the White Sox see me as a closer, I should stick with that. Is there any hope that I'll become a starter again? It's been 1 1/2 seasons now.

• Locked thread