Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Current Political Parties/Platforms
Sadbrain Bloc
Katy Perry Party
Independent Losers
View Results

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
:siren:FAILURE TO VOTE FOR EBB WILL RESULT IN A 100,000 HOUR PROBATION:siren:

On February 28th, EBB's tenure as Idiot King of GIP will end. In order to have a peaceful, orderly and democratic transfer of power, we must begin the election season soon.

What's the plan?

First, it's time to think about political parties, starting with EBB's establishment party, which he may influence. Maybe it's the Party of Shame Cubing (or maybe that's one of his party platform topics?).

(On that note, I will arbitrarily decree that there are no term limits for IKs, but that they must wait a number of IK terms (months) equal to the number they have served before serving again. So if you have been IK once, you must take one month off. Two IK stints = two months off, and so on. At some point this means nobody will be able to be IK, since we are a dead gay internet forum with a declining population. We'll cross that bridge when we get there.)

Anyways, suggestions for other political parties: The Dog Thread, The Army Megathread, the Nuclear War Party, the Katy Perry Party, etc.

How many parties, then?
I don't care what we decide on, but one party must be the establishment.

There will be one other party, for a total of two, and to decide this, I will take into account good posts in this thread calling for a party's creation & agenda, and other posters' support. I will try to be fair in deciding this. Keep all of these discussions within this thread, please.

What's after the political parties?

Okay, once we have our two parties, we have to have primaries! We'll worry about that when we get there, but it will probably involve the creation of two poll threads.

And then?

Finally, we will have the general election between our two parties' candidates. Of course, independents and write-ins are welcome (HCT, I'm looking at you) and totally valid.

Good luck.

Thread / Event Rules:
GIP-tier chaos and zany posting is encouraged, but please refrain from all-out shitposting.

Do not make extra threads concerning this event.

Schedule

2/15 - 2/20: political party formation, debate, empty rhetoric, etc.
2/20: political parties officially named, formed.
2/21-2/23: primary season.
2/24-2/27: general election.
2/28: lame duck shenanigans by EBB, pardons, etc.

Edits/clarifications:

-joat mon now's your time to shine!
-anyone can join a party (but only one party), but if a bunch of non-regulars join one specific party it will probably harm your image
-losers of the primary and general elections have to make concessions speeches or get probated

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

OK I'm running as a complete independent as indicated that I should by the OP upon actually reading it, enjoy your party poo poo I"m just gonna get drunk and poo poo probably and post dad rock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYtjpIwamos&t=7s

By far the most compelling post in this thread so far.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I like what I'm seeing so far but maybe just maybe something more original than the repetition of GIP memes will get your party recognition! Or you do you boo

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Deathy McDeath posted:

I propose a simple party with a simple idea: the Slap Zeris in the Face party. We have no platform other than the ability and willingness to slap Zeris in the face. The face slap does not need to arise from any particular grievance. Just a simple desire to have hand-flesh meet face-flesh at high velocity. Our party is especially flexible! We are willing to slap face with either the forehand or back of the hand. As this is a party of inclusiveness, all slap techniques are welcome!

Consider it!

Go on

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Either way I don't really have interest in being IK or mod or anything anyhow!

Ok Cincinnatus. Just take a hit of this and relax for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I haven't had pot in months but I'm going to reada bout Cincinnatus I guess because I don't know poo poo about that kind of stuff so thanks for the cool thing to learn about

He was a v. cool dude and reluctant savior of Rome who surrendered power as soon as he was no longer needed.

• Locked thread