Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Tyty posted:

If I remember, the creator didn't but a ton of people did after the DMCA. I saw a lot of people complaining Sun/Moon were too easy and that nintendo has no idea how to make games and it should be more like uranium

The game with a scarfed contrary overheat special sweeper in the main game.

For me it's that 5 years of effort went into it with nearly 0 of that being playtesting for balance apparently. I didn't play very far into Uranium but I have a lot I could say about the early game, especially since it's such an important part of any pokemon. It's the time before party balance can be blown wide open and you need to be careful with the wild encounters and enemy parties.

SuMo being easy is a weird complaint to me because even with EXP Share on and me being a Pokemon veteran, I still wiped (several times even!) to a few of the bosses, which normally never happens to me.

But maybe I'm just bad at video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

hopeandjoy posted:

SuMo being easy is a weird complaint to me because even with EXP Share on and me being a Pokemon veteran, I still wiped (several times even!) to a few of the bosses, which normally never happens to me.

But maybe I'm just bad at video games.

I also found SM to be a step up in difficulty from previous games. I don't think I ever completely wiped, but the endgame had me sweating bullets and I had to use a ton of revives and full restores to clear it.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Man this game already looks like hot garbage and we've only seen the first fight. I can't wait to see what abominations of nature are next :allears:

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

From what I saw, complaints about SuMo being easy were less about the actual difficulty and more about things like the game telling you the effectiveness of your moves.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

senrath posted:

From what I saw, complaints about SuMo being easy were less about the actual difficulty and more about things like the game telling you the effectiveness of your moves.

I don't really get that complaint, why is it bad that you don't have to have a 18x18 chart of type relations memorized? Why are QOL features equated with difficulty? The game doesn't even tell you if a move is good against a Pokemon or not until after you've encountered it once. Are Mega Man games after the NES era easier because you can quick switch between weapons with L and R buttons?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

That reminds me of all the people bitching about sc2 letting newly built workers automatically start harvesting or the limitless selection size.

People hardcore on difficulty and skill tend to wind up insane is what I'm saying.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

ChaosArgate posted:

I don't really get that complaint, why is it bad that you don't have to have a 18x18 chart of type relations memorized? Why are QOL features equated with difficulty? The game doesn't even tell you if a move is good against a Pokemon or not until after you've encountered it once. Are Mega Man games after the NES era easier because you can quick switch between weapons with L and R buttons?

Oh absolutely, these things make the game easier. But they do so by removing bad difficulty. Just like, say, a game may be easier than its predecessor because it adds an option to skip battle animations, which means you need less patience when grinding; the predecessor was technically harder, just not in a way that any sane person would care about.

If you're crazy, though, then you see difficulty as purely a way to separate the True Fans from the Casuals, and thus any source of difficulty is good and you will defend the Rightness of being forced to sit through every goddamn battle animation every time because otherwise it would be too easy to grind up to L99 or whatever.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

So what you're saying is adopt Uranium's brooding dark colors and garishly bright greens?

This shouldn't work, but for some reason it does. Stick with that.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

senrath posted:

Which is funny because the Shin Megami Tensei series has been doing that for like two decades now. Clearly, those games are baby's first JRPG.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Oh absolutely, these things make the game easier. But they do so by removing bad difficulty. Just like, say, a game may be easier than its predecessor because it adds an option to skip battle animations, which means you need less patience when grinding; the predecessor was technically harder, just not in a way that any sane person would care about.

QOL features make games easier to play, they don't and shouldn't have an impact on a game's actual difficulty. Totem Lurantis is a hard fight regardless of whether or not the game tells me that my Charjabug has super effective moves against it. The important distinction I'm trying to make is that difficulty =/= accessibility. Making a game easier does make it more accessible, but the inverse should not be true. It's a fine line trying to distinguish the two, but I usually categorize it based on whether a feature reduces busy work or if it reduces actual challenge.

For example, Shin Megami Tensei 1 for SNES had you pop into the menu and go through a few screens to see your map, which is a lot of tedious busy work. The sequel cut out that busy work and just stuck the map on the R button. SMT2 isn't any easier than its predecessor because the map is easier to access. For an example of a feature that reduces challenge, Mega Man 2 introduced E Tanks, which generally made the game a lot easier than its predecessor because you can now heal to full without needing to hope for health drops from enemies.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
SMT4 lets you save anywhere and pick which skills are inherited in fusions.

And it will mop the floor with you if it feels like it.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

ChaosArgate posted:

QOL features make games easier to play, they don't and shouldn't have an impact on a game's actual difficulty.

I'm saying that dumb fans will conflate accessibility (ease-of-access) with triviality (ease-of-play) and decry them both.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

SMT4 lets you save anywhere and pick which skills are inherited in fusions.

And it will mop the floor with you if it feels like it.

A lot of SMT fans who bitch about 4 call it the "wussy mode for babies who need to go back to persona" or whine about how all its difficulty is RNG with the smirking, from my experience.

But then again, those same SMT fans hate anything at all that isn't Nocturne, no matter how good or bad it is.

Genocyber posted:

That reminds me that the actual reason I never got far in this game was that I could not get it to run worth a drat at all. It ran like rear end with both my intel graphics card (which seems odd given how lo-fi the game is) and my NVIDIA one. Good job, Team Uranium.

Yeah, that's because RPGMaker XP is a hulking monolith of outdated tech and Uranium is probably the most poorly optimized use of it ever.

Like, bitch all you want about people making bad furry visual novels in RPGMaker, but at least Major\Minor doesn't drop modern gaming rigs to sub-10 FPS.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Gamer elitism is one hell of a drug. Whether it's people laughing at others for struggling on Normal in Tales/DragonAge/other RPGs, or unable to get past that one part on some Mario level, etc.

It's hardly the only avenue where it exists but it's one of the most prevalent ones now.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

Genocyber posted:

That reminds me that the actual reason I never got far in this game was that I could not get it to run worth a drat at all. It ran like rear end with both my intel graphics card (which seems odd given how lo-fi the game is) and my NVIDIA one. Good job, Team Uranium.
If I remember right, Uranium has a setting for screen size, or something like that? 3 settings from low to high and it doesn't really look like it makes a difference, so playing on low is the only sane choice. The other two definitely lag like hell for ordinary people.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

So what you're saying is adopt Uranium's brooding dark colors and garishly bright greens?

How does this work so well?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
It's like an old CRT terminal. Good memories, that green on black.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

If you're crazy, though, then you see difficulty as purely a way to separate the True Fans from the Casuals, and thus any source of difficulty is good and you will defend the Rightness of being forced to sit through every goddamn battle animation every time because otherwise it would be too easy to grind up to L99 or whatever.

Yup. Remember, there are people out there that are really upset that you don't have to calculate EVs and IVs by hand (or by memory editor :ssh:) anymore.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
On the topic of Sun/Moon being "easy", I think part of it has to do with series veterans not realizing that a lot of it comes from them. Like, I didn't have much trouble getting through the game, but I recognized that it's because I've played every game in the series. The games haven't been getting easier so much as all the longtime players have gotten better. That's why I've enjoyed the heavier story focus of the last couple generations, even if they're a little silly in places. Uranium seems to be trying to have a plot, as well, but what little we've seen so far doesn't look too good.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I'm far from some gaming fundamentalist, but there's a bit of a thin line when it comes to streamlining things.

To use the pokemon example. If it tells me what move works best against the enemy pokemon after I fight them once and save me the trouble of remembering, why not have the game just do the move for me and save me the trouble of hitting a few buttons? why not save me the trouble of the loading screen and just skip fights against the pokemon where instead you auto win?

I'm not trying to say that pokemon suggesting to use fire against the ice guy is a bad idea, but video games are inherently arbitrary wastes of time because you aren't doing anything. Trying to remove all annoyance is a race to the bottom because there's always gonna be someone who has even less time for your game then the last guy.

This is especially tricky because of the sort of faq-reading/meta minmaxer attitude games attract. To use SMT as an example, random skills on fusions was supposed to be so you had to settle for only most of the stuff you wanted, especially since in most games that had it skills were weighted differently based on the guy you were making. However instead people would just hit XOXO for 10 minutes until they finally got the RNG seed they wanted. By letting you pick skills you do technically improve the game by streamlining the process, but now everyone has characters that can cast everything instead of just psychotics and this does change the way you play the game, although for better or worse I can't say.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

darealkooky posted:

To use the pokemon example. If it tells me what move works best against the enemy pokemon after I fight them once and save me the trouble of remembering, why not have the game just do the move for me and save me the trouble of hitting a few buttons? why not save me the trouble of the loading screen and just skip fights against the pokemon where instead you auto win?

It's called Pokémon Go, and it does still exist, as much as many people would like to forget it.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

darealkooky posted:

I'm far from some gaming fundamentalist, but there's a bit of a thin line when it comes to streamlining things.

I mean, pokemon tells you if a move is super-effective, normally effective or not very effective which does not at all tell you which move is the best in the situation in any but the most simplistic scenarios.

Take the classic Charmander vs. Onix gym 1 fight. Both Scratch and Ember would be marked 'not very effective' and have the same attack power (40) but Ember is a much better choice overall because of its status rider, STAB and the fact it targets the lower defense and uses Charmander's higher attack stat.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

There are also some cases where you don't want to pull out the SE moves right away, like what if you wanna use a status move? A lot of modern SMT games have an auto battle function that automatically hits weak points, but you don't necessarily always want to use it for one reason or another.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

In multiplayer, you're told about the effectiveness of your moves even if you haven't encountered the Pokemon before. But considering that now it's possible to encounter Pokemon that is normally completely impossible to encounter in game, it's fairly justified. Also, you would have to consider the possibility of the opponent switching out their mon. So yeah, the effectiveness indicator is a minor convenience instead of some massive game changer.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

SniHjen posted:

I watched MyNameIsKaz stream this, and he said something that I find completely true:

Theo isn't 'The Rival'

You are.

Theo is the protagonist.

People say this about every new pokemon game though.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

darealkooky posted:

To use the pokemon example. If it tells me what move works best against the enemy pokemon after I fight them once and save me the trouble of remembering, why not have the game just do the move for me and save me the trouble of hitting a few buttons?
Because you may not want to do that move. You might want to use Flamethrower instead of Fire Blast, for example, or you might want to capture a wild Pokemon instead of fainting it, so you might use Sleep Powder instead.

darealkooky posted:

why not save me the trouble of the loading screen and just skip fights against the pokemon where instead you auto win?
EarthBound does that, and still manages to be a good game.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Thanks for establishing this, not like there was a text crawl that's kind of redundant with normal worldbuilding elements.

Theo runs upstairs when he sees Dick Solomon enter.

His father, Cameron (the guy from the intro, yes) is kinda miffed at the source of his son's misfortune.

But he understands when we explain.

Cameron is an alright execution of supprotive dad, maybe I'm just glad there's a father-son relationship in a video game that's, like, mutually amicable and there's no resentment or anything.

Not a whole lot of those in the world, especially when Uranium's set up Dick Solomon's dad to be distant and cold.

Of course Cameron has to SUBTLY HINT that he's going to get killed by a rampaging dinosaur

wait I mean that he's leaving for his next job, at a new nuclear power plant.

Much less ominous.

He also gives us what is essential a smartphone, in that it works as a telephone, has a map, and let's us play pirated MP3s.

Theo's cheered up and races off.

Upstairs he has a story where he's awesome and wins all the time and I'm jealous.

I think they're going too far in establishing him as a literal child.

Uh, yeah, sure lady.

There's only one pokemon in Uranium I find cute, and I'll reveal the secret when it's time.

This lady's grousing about her son playing video games. What game is he playing?

Haha! Wow!

Bamb'o is along the west edge of town and walking up starts the capture tutorial.

Unlike normal capture tutorials, this one happens as a cutscene instead of involving, like, a scripted battle.

That makes it faster, which I am very thankful for, but it doesn't really tell you much. Not sure why you even need a capture tutorial in a fan game anyone who isn't dick-deep in Pokemon wouldn't know about, but whatever.

Bamb'o gives us Pokedexes, Theo runs off claiming he'll catch everything and defeat us, the usual.

One of the goals of this playthrough is to complete the Pokedex, so you'll get to see every little punk coded in this.

Good thing: Route 1 has this whole sunlight peeking through trees effect that I think looks pretty nice.

Combine this with terrain more elaborate than grass or not-grass, it's a pretty route. Anyway, here's the first patch of grass in the game that matters.

For music I've replaced, I'm going to post the original track then my choice, like so:

Original: PU-WildPokeBattle.ogg
OFSelects: T. Rex - Mambo Sun

Tackle is here in its 5-6th generation incarnation, where it had a hefty 50 power and a perfect hit rate. Before Black & White it sat at 35/95 with that legendary 1/20 miss chance, and Sun & Moon downed its power to 40 but kept the accuracy.

Anyway, Chyinmunk is the normal-type trash starter, a tradition started by Ratatta. Unlike most examples, this dumbass doesn't learn, like, any HMs. Wasteful!

Someone suggested Alvin but this Chyinmunk is a girl so I went with his Chipette counterpart.

auntie no the internet is full of memes and smut

Auntie heals your team for you, which is useful this early on.

Those side effects are nigh pointless when nothing learns Fly or Bounce normally and the AI is in no hurry to use either, so it's just a special-based flying move.

Birbie carries on the proud tradition of Pidgey as the early-game bird with late-game prospects that mostly just learns fly for you.

I have no clue about this name but I love it anyway.

The grass in Moki Town is fully functional. It's 100% Chyinmunks.

Chyinmunks give 1 defense EV each so you could grind for defense here, if you're stupid.

This Lass is our first non-Theo trainer battle!

Original: PU-PokeTrainerBattle.ogg
OFSelects: Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne: Normal Battle

Owten is some sort of

owl cat

uh

It's really outpacing Gutterball, though. My guys besides Zapmander can barely do work.

Peck is like Gust, but physical. Or Gust is like Peck, but special, depending on how you view causality.

With what this cat is pecking us is unknown. Zapmander resists flying so it's easy-peasy.

And then Zapmander's ability kicks in! It has a 30% chance of paralyzing the opponent after they use a contact move, which Peck is. Which moves are contact or not is mostly flavor. A punch or kick is contact, but throwing a rock is not. Only two special moves make contact, by the way.

Berries are healing items that can be equipped by Pokemon and they'll use them automatically. Oran Berries restore 10 HP and are used automatically at half. Since we're dealing with totals below 30 this is makes it very useful for winning damage races.

You can plant berries in soil like this, consuming the berry but letting it grow into a new tree that gives more than one in return. But without a watering can there isn't much return for these. Where do we get a watering can?

In the post-game, after the final boss.

Welcome to Uranium.

Wow, that's some... pro tree tiling.

She has that Chyinmunk next to her, appropriately.

It'd be great if Gutterball could get some experience in but she's still level 2 and Zapmander has to do all the lifting.

:D

D:

There's one last thing in Route 1, Cubbug.

Apparently this is cute. Maybe cattepillars with teddy bear heads just ain't my thing.

Does it work for you?

How about now?

A bug catcher has 3 cubbugs and Gutterball can just gust through them, finally she's like a real Pokemon.

Apparently the original name of this Pokemon was Fartog.

Kinda juvenile, but this is the franchise with Stunky, a skunk with a butt for a face whose cry is a fart sound.

There's one free antidote as means to deal with posoin, the ailment, which costs a Pokemon 1/8th of its HP each turn. Raptorch resists pioson and Orchynx is straight immune, so I've got the raw deal when it comes to the final boss of route 1.

It's not that bad, really, but it with a little bad luck it can turn sour.

One trainer per route will will ask for your phone number, and they'll call you for rematches occasionally. I fight literally none because it's not worth the effort.

Kevlar town is on the other side of route 1.

It has a totally normal item shop.

Ahem.

Okay so decrypting Uranium to look at it gave me the ability to change it. this is the summation of the edits I made, because holy loving poo poo is the experience garbage, and it ramps up really fast sometimes, especially near the endgame.

I won't do anything like level one thing to 60 and coast on it. I'll just keep my levels on par with what the game's throwing at me, without having to grind on random encounters. No changes to Pokemon/Trainer data, scripts, or anything but this one shop.

Hahaha see because it doesn't sell these items they'd be really useful!

Haha, that's not funny at all.

Most of Uranium's attempts at jokes are total flops like this.

Kevlar Town also has a bike repair shop. If we happen to find a broken bike, he'll repair it and make it a functional bike!

Kevlar Town is "the smallest town in Tandor" or so it says.

Moki, Kevlar, Nowtoch, is there something to these names I'm not seeing?

The berry shop is missing a salesperson, but we do get four berries new for Uranium. They're functional copies of normal status curing berries.

The first big thing I noticed about Uranium is just how far from town entrances the Pokemon Centers are. You're never ambushed such that not finding it first is a problem, but at the same time it made me uneasy because Uranium is certainly fond of ambushing you elsewhere.

Uranium has functioning online features, for some reason. The server is maintained by dedicated fans. I'll use 'em later.

This guy is supposed to be describing a few bad matchups for our starter but instead he's revealing that besides poorly executed gags, Uranium's other attempt at humor is randomly applying memes.

This Rich Boy is complaining about always losing. Let's help him with that.

Guy has three level 4 Chyinmunk.

Struggle Bug is a decent move, but Buttplug has bad special attack and nothing here besides opposing Cubbug and Birbies will use special attacks, so it's just yet another STAB move.

His three Chyinmunk give 24 experience and 1 defense EV each.

I mention this as he then gets his Pokemon healed up and is open for a rematch exactly as you left off. This is a decent grinding opportunity this early, and $320 isn't a lot but an extra potion might be all you need.

This is the only trainer like this until the endgame.

Up next is Route 2 and Passage Cave, with more weird-looking Pokemon and bad game design choices!

krisslanza
May 6, 2011
The fact you started with STAB move at the beginning bugs me, somehow. You're meant to always start the game with like, that useless stat-debuff move and then Tackle or Scratch or something!
But let's see how bad this is going to be. Also:

quote:

You can plant berries in soil like this, consuming the berry but letting it grow into a new tree that gives more than one in return. But without a watering can there isn't much return for these. Where do we get a watering can?

Welcome to Uranium.

Why. W H Y.
If you didn't know about this ahead of time, and thought to plant some berries "in advance" you'd just go and throw away an extremely limited resource suddenly. Does the creator just hate Berries or something?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

krisslanza posted:

The fact you started with STAB move at the beginning bugs me, somehow. You're meant to always start the game with like, that useless stat-debuff move and then Tackle or Scratch or something!

The Pokemon games started doing this since Gen VI.

I'm surprised there are enough dedicated fans to maintain servers for this.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Welcome to Uranium.

Wow, that's really stupid. :psyduck:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

This has made the first battles of X, Y, Sun and Moon hilariously easy because they're against the starter weak to yours.

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

I'm surprised there are enough dedicated fans to maintain servers for this.

I think this reveals the last time I've played Pokemon, despite really liking it :haw:
I still haven't gotten Sun or Moon...

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

krisslanza posted:

Why. W H Y.
If you didn't know about this ahead of time, and thought to plant some berries "in advance" you'd just go and throw away an extremely limited resource suddenly. Does the creator just hate Berries or something?

Throw stuff at the wall until it sticks game design. While other games have rigorous QA stuff, this game probably just had the designers toss those trees down and then forget about them entirely.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Kinda juvenile, but this is the franchise with Stunky, a skunk with a butt for a face whose cry is a fart sound.

And for these reasons, it is objectively the best Pokemon :colbert:

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
This all seems incredibly inoffensive so far? Like it's basically just a Pokemon game. But because it's a fangame it's got a few wonky bits (like the tree placement), ugly sprites and it goes for some cheap meme jokes (like virtually every other fangame)?

What standard are we holding this to? Because Red/Blue is apparently super broken if you know how to break it and my memories of Ruby/Sapphire are no worse than what you've shown us of this. Even the weird little watering can thing doesn't seem worse than the entire concept of "tipping" in X/Y.

EDIT: Apparently berries are a lot more important than I ever knew, I guess? I always ignored them.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
loving. Postgame. The guy behind this REALLY loving hates the player it seems. "hahaha, you planted berries. YOU WILL NEVER GET YOUR RETURN ON IT YOU LITTLE RETARD! BWAHAHAHAHAHA! gently caress YOU! gently caress YOU! FUUUUUUUCK. YOOOOOOUUUUUUU!"

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

The watering can. Why.... :eng99:

Cubbug's sprite is pretty good if not kinda horrific in an endearing way. And yeah Struggle Bug is pretty great in the early game if your bug has a decent Special Attack.

Edit:

VagueRant posted:

EDIT: Apparently berries are a lot more important than I ever knew, I guess? I always ignored them.

It's less about actually using the berries and more that it's an astoundingly baffling design decision to let the player plant berries but have no access to actually farm them until beating the whole game.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

VagueRant posted:

This all seems incredibly inoffensive so far? Like it's basically just a Pokemon game. But because it's a fangame it's got a few wonky bits (like the tree placement), ugly sprites and it goes for some cheap meme jokes (like virtually every other fangame)?

What standard are we holding this to? Because Red/Blue is apparently super broken if you know how to break it and my memories of Ruby/Sapphire are no worse than what you've shown us of this. Even the weird little watering can thing doesn't seem worse than the entire concept of "tipping" in X/Y.

The 'mom dying in a nuclear meltdown' thing is the only really egregious thing so far. But it gets much, much worse.

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

Zore posted:

The 'mom dying in a nuclear meltdown' thing is the only really egregious thing so far. But it gets much, much worse.

I'm sure the mom will be revealed to be alive, but turned into some kind of horrific radioactive mutant Pokemon. That you will capture in a Pokeball and use to engage in battle, naturally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

All I did was edit the price of Rare Candies to $10 and made one shop sell them, and then at the end edit a random encounter table to fill out the pokedex with one-or-the-other type things like the starters I'd otherwise have to beg on the internet for.

Everything except my Pokemon keeping up in levels is purestrain uranium.

I hope you don't tell anyone about this, the developers of these pokemon fangames are so hillariously :spergin: that they'll quite literally shut down their entire IRC channel if someone goes there with a broken savefile and a not-developer edits the file to fix it. This happened, and it caused the dev to go on a weird rant on twitter about how decompilers were ruining his life and for the devs to register every single possible reddit that was even tangentially linked to the fangame so nobody could discuss it outside of the dev-approved spaces. It was hilarious.

• Locked thread