Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krisslanza
May 6, 2011
I've never clicked :five: until this day. This is ending is something we could've never seen coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

good work

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mawuh and Ronch are too drat perfect.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

That's something you have to do with scripts in RPG Maker XP with some good old fashioned ruby.

I'd jam Ronch in but I seem to have broke something with Pokemon Essentials, and it was a headache to set up the first time...
Yeah, I figured it would involve scripting.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Absolutely loving incredible

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Good on you for giving your pokemon away. Maybe they'll be just the crutch someone else needs to finish this terrible game, if their computer doesn't explode while trying to process the trade.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I was not expecting the evolution of Ronch

Thank you so much, this is amazing.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

The lady who gave us Mawuh and Ronch via neural network has an entire tumblr (http://lewisandquark.tumblr.com/) of neural networked generated stuff. For example, summaries of Harry Potter fanfiction:

quote:

Birds of a Saturday by SasuNarufan13"
Harry Potter is drunk and discovers he is an alternate universe.
Pub names:

quote:

Kingfarter Mantle
Burn Horse Hotel
Rat Horses
Old Hell Kick
and disease names:

quote:

Milk Tomosis
Loon Eye
Ear Poop
RIP Syndrome

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

and disease names:

I'm fairly certain they trained the neural network off of Space Station 13.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

The lady who gave us Mawuh and Ronch via neural network has an entire tumblr (http://lewisandquark.tumblr.com/) of neural networked generated stuff. For example, summaries of Harry Potter fanfiction:

Pub names:

and disease names:

From the HP fanfic post:

quote:

The Secrets We Get by orphan _ account | What if Harry Potter was born? What if Harry Potter had been raised by the Dursleys and had a few friends and a few friends? What if he hadn’t been a Death Eater? What if he had been raised by his godfather? What if he was raised by the Dursleys? What if he had been raised as a Half-blood Prince? What if he didn’t know that he’d been pregnant? What if he was raised in the dark and he became a Death Eater? What if he wanted his parents to be in Gryffindor? What if he was a hero? What if he had found out? What if Harry Potter was not a father? What if he had a twin sister, a very different boyfriend.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

quote:

A Hero’s Tale by orphan _ account | Harry Potter is a wizard, and he is a wizard. He is a wizard. He is a wizard, a wizard, a wizard, and a son. He is also a Slytherin, and he is a wizard. He is a wizard, and he is a wizard. He is also a wizard, and he has not been the one to be a father.

But seriously, thanks to OFS for playing this so the rest of us don't have to :)

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

quote:

A Hero’s Tale by 1 9 7 6 | The Dark Lord has won. The Dark Lord has won. Voldemort is dead. Harry Potter is dead. The Dark Lord is defeated. Harry is finally free to live his life. He is not the only one with the power to destroy his own destiny.

An inspirational tale.

Mawuh and Ronch are the perfect way to end this LP. And throwing my vote in for the best moment being cheesing the final boss in the most anticlimactic way possible.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
Great thread as usual, OFS! This game has certainly been a ride, I'm not sure what kind of ride, probably a questionably set up ride run by a teenaged carny, but still a ride nonetheless!

Also, Cool Ronch is loving amazing.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Great ending to a great LP of a bad game! :allears:

Echo Cian
Jun 16, 2011

The faces in these sprites bug me so drat much because they look incredibly easy to fix by moving things a few pixels.

So, five minutes in MSPaint later:

I could do better (Dick Solomon's eye still looks weird) but I already cared more than the devs did. :effort:

Mawuh, Ronch and Coolronch are all incredible.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Top Boy remains a standout, as the final boss tactic this game deserved.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I'm not sure there's any fixing Theo's tumor-ridden face.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
For one more example from the neural network lady, she got it do knock knock jokes, and it ended up producing

Knock Knock
Who’s There?
Alec
Alec who?
Alec- Knock Knock jokes.

over and over by the end of the training :stare:

(Alec sounds like 'I Like' when you say it like 'Ah-lec')

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I don't think it was over and over, or even at the end. I'm pretty sure she just put it at the end of the post because it was the most impressive. Still, the odds of it producing an original, functional knock-knock joke must be staggering.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Echo Cian posted:

The faces in these sprites bug me so drat much because they look incredibly easy to fix by moving things a few pixels.

I could do better (Dick Solomon's eye still looks weird) but I already cared more than the devs did. :effort:

Mawuh, Ronch and Coolronch are all incredible.
I don't see any difference

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Ariong posted:

I don't think it was over and over, or even at the end. I'm pretty sure she just put it at the end of the post because it was the most impressive. Still, the odds of it producing an original, functional knock-knock joke must be staggering.

she said it did it over and over in the post, and it makes sense that it would be near the end of her time working with this given its 'completeness'

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

The river legends have sprites, stats, and level up moves defined, but not much else.

who thought potato was a good name for a legendary pokemon

great LP by the way

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Sperglord Firecock posted:

who thought potato was a good name for a legendary pokemon

great LP by the way

So I looked it up

quote:

Baitatao's name comes from bait, baita (a portuguese slang used to refer to something of huge proportions), Boitatá, Tatao (a Coastal Town in Malaysia) and Ao (Japanese for Blue).

that's why too many references for your Pokemon name, dude!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

she said it did it over and over in the post, and it makes sense that it would be near the end of her time working with this given its 'completeness'

Well that's even crazier then.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Nihilarian posted:

I don't see any difference

He moved Dick's right eye closer to his nose, and dragged Theo's entire face up a bit. No idea what could be done about Theo's sideways eye though.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Blockhouse posted:

So I looked it up

that's why too many references for your Pokemon name, dude!

it's totally potato i don't care about his bizarro land references

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I was showing off the sprites and one of my friends made a really awesome rendition of Tortabool in a slightly more modern style. I figured people in the thread might get a kick out of it too:

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Not enough love for my boy Strangy. Wharmwbra is the best Ability in the game, hands-down.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

EclecticTastes posted:

Not enough love for my boy Strangy. Wharmwbra is the best Ability in the game, hands-down.

gently caress yeah, Strangy :hf: Anything Wharmwbra doesn't outright flatten usually crumbles after a round or two of Darp. It's pretty handy imo

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Scarodactyl posted:

I was showing off the sprites and one of my friends made a really awesome rendition of Tortabool in a slightly more modern style. I figured people in the thread might get a kick out of it too:

This is amazing. Your friend did a good job.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I love Strangy because it's honestly really cute in a sort of "eldritch monstrosity trying its very hardest to remain non-maddening" way. Similar to Mimikyu, if you will. Plus the tactical benefits of such a good set of three abilities isn't to be underestimated.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
This was a great LP, thanks for doing it. You know that trainer with the Gengar hoodie, well someone came in to the shop I work at today wearing one. I was pretty surprised to learn they're an actual thing.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Echo Cian posted:

Pity they didn't decide to show Theo from his better side

As for the Theo VS sprite, if anything bothers me, it's his massive forehead and the scaling of his sprite compared to the players'

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

I never noticed before but his weird single yellow bang looks like it's a snake gnawing on his ear.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
That's an as-yet-undiscovered parasitical pokemon! The Uranium sequel will feature Theo forging a bond with it that slowly drives him mad.

Echo Cian
Jun 16, 2011

Aithon posted:

I never noticed before but his weird single yellow bang looks like it's a snake gnawing on his ear.

vorebane posted:

That's an as-yet-undiscovered parasitical pokemon! The Uranium sequel will feature Theo forging a bond with it that slowly drives him mad.

Shrinking his forehead didn't help.

RandomMagus
May 3, 2017

Echo Cian posted:

Shrinking his forehead didn't help.

It made him look more human, but his neck still goes straight up and connects to his head right at the back like a Bellsprout. Needs to shift his entire head back at least a few pixels so he's not a giraffe.

Echo Cian
Jun 16, 2011

RandomMagus posted:

It made him look more human, but his neck still goes straight up and connects to his head right at the back like a Bellsprout. Needs to shift his entire head back at least a few pixels so he's not a giraffe.

Then I had to move his eye in and up, and then fix the shape of his head, which still doesn't look right but then I would have to change his hairstyle and I'm drawing the line on this joke there.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Good job, he's recognizably a human teenager now. Nice hair edit, too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Now watch this edit show up in the next update of Uranium with no credit whatsoever.

• Locked thread