Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Okay, I haven't heard a ton about this game, so I'm excited to come into this mostly blind.

Rangpur posted:

Well, I mean, something that had Flash Fire or Heatproof as an ability would be an auto-win in that situation. Or, I don't know... Kingdra I guess? Gonna take a shot in the dark here and assume neither of those is available at the time you fight that... whatever it is.

Flash Fire, yes. Heatproof and Kingdra, to an extent? If you start with one, you might be able to win the slugfest, but if you don't, that thing's SpAtt is going to be way too high for anything to live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Zapdos Goku is amazing.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Holy poo poo, that dragon tank looks like the designer heard that Hydreigon was originally going to be a tank and got pissed off that GameFreak didn't do that, so they made THEIR OWN DRAGON TANK.

Also, inadvertent Chrono Trigger reference?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

mandatory lesbian posted:

eh it was shity when the prize for Gen 1 slots was a friggin porygon so i'm okay with them upgrading it to something worthwhile

course, the slots weren't available by the third gym so i guess its a wash

The Gen 1 Game Corner is in Celadon, so you could get a Porygon before fighting Erika.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

mandatory lesbian posted:

eirika isn't the third gym, in badge order

Right, she's fourth, meaning you can do the Game Corner technically between 3 and 4

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

If it didn't learn Shift Gear, Speed Boost would be an autopick, but being immune to electric attacks - especially Thunder Wave - is really attractive and having Shift Gear makes that even better.

Added Space posted:

So, for non poke maniacs, why is speed so good to have when attacks are always locked one-to-one?

If your speed is higher, you move first 100% of the time, which is important because hitting the opponent before they use their healing move is better than after.

In this specific case, Iron Head has a 30% chance of preventing the opponent from taking their turn, but only if you're faster. Which our killdozer will be.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 11, 2017

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Kay Kessler posted:

Porygon was a trick, the real treasure there was the Scyther which which was practically put there for the people who did start out with Charmander to solo the Gym.
The point I was making is that if MEGAWEAPON was in Gen 1, you could have gotten it before the fourth gym.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Freechman is rad too.

You made this pun three times and no one called you on it. Bad OFS.

And yeah, this game is super bad.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Kobalt is a solid Pokemon name pun.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

magikid posted:

Atmospheric is Ocarina of Time MAJORA'S MASK. Dark and edgy is Shadow the Hedgehog.

Fixed.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

It goes all in on portmanteaus, does that count?

No, because then you end up with a fire ant called Smore.

Which barely makes sense AFTER you figure out that's a (bad) portmanteau.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 23, 2017

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Pokemon Uranium: gently caress this lovely game, it deserved the C&D

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Aerdan posted:

Obviously the Dark version would be Eradicate, and appear on a Dr Who reference 'mon. :v:

I disagree, because the word you're looking for is "Exterminate."

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

vorebane posted:

A 10% hit to health every turn seems to me like too much of a drawback, but an extra 30% damage is drat good too. Does the life orb still hurt if you use an item instead? Is 10% of current health, or max?
Life Orb removed 10% of the Pokemon's max HP when it attacks.

It's a very minor drawback for a very powerful boost and can be mitigated by self-healing moves (which don't trigger it)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Does it get Shadow Sneak? Because if so, Swords Dance/Mach Punch/Shadow Sneak/grass move (Seed Bomb?) sound like a ridiculously good set.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Wasn't Fake Out/Last Resort Eevee with Adaptability a thing once upon a time?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

McDragon posted:

The little pirate cubone ghost is neat. :3:

Also every time I see "My Fursona" I read it to the tune of My Sharona and now you all can too

Wait, do some people not do that?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

This derail is truly something awful.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Ace of Aces posted:

I showed the australian pokedex to my not-blood-sister from Seattle and she didn't understand any of it. :negative:

I'm from Seattle and I understood a lot of it. That's not a Seattle thing.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

NINE. YEARS. OF. DEVELOPMENT.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I was assuming Curie was our mom from the moment they arrived. The characters used the singular "they," which indicates the writers don't want to away the character's gender and it's far to obvious a "twist."

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Sorites posted:

Also, I'd dispute that it's even complete. From what we're hearing, a lot of material couldn't be finished so the dev team scrapped it and shipped what was there.

This happens with tons of actual games. Look at Wind Waker or even Ocarina of Time.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Robindaybird posted:

But those don't leave in mentions of areas that is completely inaccessible or just plain not doable in the game. You wouldn't know either one wasn't complete without going out and looking up cut content online or fanzines.

Wind Waker definitely feels incomplete, with the way the Triforce hunt goes towards the end of the game.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

PMush Perfect posted:

Pokemon Uranium: We spent two pages listing better fan games.

I mean, the list is pretty long, so...

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

That might be referencing OFS doing a low level play through of FF7 during Elentors FF7 LP?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

the Orb of Zot posted:

It knows Lock-On and is holding a Choice Band.

How the gently caress do you miss that.

And Discharge! :v:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

PP Stalling the final boss. Amazing. :allears:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

theGrooseofLegend posted:

Gonna throw out a random guess and say that our little edgelord here is Dick Solomon's Mom

It's way too obvious a "twist" to not be the case.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Kommando posted:

I found this thread last week aaaand it's over.

We still don't have the Watering Can.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

EclecticTastes posted:

It also autosaves before you fight legendaries so you truly only get one chance, ever, to catch them. FR/LG were kind of bullshit like that, and I'm glad later games went in completely the opposite direction, with legendaries respawning every time you beat the E4 until you catch them and generally making things easier outside of the various Battle Towers.

Um, what? I definitely had multiple shots at Zapdos in FireRed and kept reloading to get a good nature and good IVs.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Sometimes I really really hate being right. :sigh:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Dog Kisser posted:

Fangame idea: Futuristic pokemon, and the first gym is as normal - but then you go into space and do a shooter section to fly to the next planet. Bonus points - you can equip pokemon as weapons on your ship and have them do different stuff based on type and moveset. Catch pokemon on each planet, catch pokemon in space, fight aliens with unpronounceable pokemon variants.

Billion dollar idea. Poke holes in that.

So, Kingdom Hearts?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Vernatio posted:

This thread gave me something to read through while waiting out Hurricane Irma and its fallout today and last night. Thanks OFS, your LPs are kickass :)

Really?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Well, that...certainly happened.

Rocket Man destroying Tiko and Top Boy PP Stalling the final boss were both amazing moments.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

HardDiskD posted:

Also I liked that Titanic fakemon that was caught on a 2x2 pond.

I forgot about that. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Scarodactyl posted:

Well, you asked for it...

Name=Mawuh
InternalName=MAWUH
Type1=FIRE
Type2=STEEL
BaseStats=0,400,1300,0,0,0
GenderRate=Female0Percent
GrowthRate=Fast
BaseEXP=225
EffortPoints=0,2,0,1,0,0
Rareness=100
Happiness=90
Abilities=RUMPOWER
HiddenAbility=
Moves=1,SCRATCH,1,PEPPERBREATH,1,BULLETSEED,1,FLASHCANNON,2,WATERGUN,2,CONVERSION,2,BULLETSEED,3,PARTINGSHOT,4,SEARINGSHOT,8,OCTAZOOKA,21,SPIRITSHACKLE
Compatibility=Fire1
StepsToHatch=5120
Height=0.5
Weight=14.0
Color=Orange
Habitat=GunRange
RegionalNumbers=120
Kind=DIGITAL
Pokedex=Mawuh is most dangerous in the morning hours when its naturally aggressive temperament is amplified by a headache.
BattlerPlayerY=9
BattlerEnemyY=10
BattlerAltitude=0
Evolutions=
202.png:
EDIT: forgot 202b.png
Stats are official.

:drat:

• Locked thread