Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Wielder of the Soup Spoon

Ashsaber posted:

Alternately, they showed up starting with poke-France, where noted Dragonslayer Lancelot came from, and he was said to have been raised by fairies, though that's a theory I saw once and thought was kind of neat.

Yep that's probably what the developers were thinking when they added the Fairy type. :raise:

magikid fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Feb 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
I feel like when people want dark and edgy, what they're actually looking for is atmospheric. A heavy atmosphere can stir up emotions subtly and make you feel uneasy without resorting to cringeworthy "mature" topics or some kind of deathmetal bloodfest. I think atmospheric games are what inspire these guys, but when you don't know how to interpret that you end up with the latter two.

Atmospheric is Ocarina of Time. Dark and edgy is Shadow the Hedgehog.

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
I had no idea what Dunsparce is so I just looked it up and pretty much immediately said, "oh it's tsuchinoko." Looking at it, I get why all these fangames want it to evolve, but the tsuchinoko's whole thing is being this rare mythical creature that appears weak and unassuming. You lose that if you turn it into angel dragon whatever.

I'm guessing in the official games it's a pain in the rear end to find?

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
So, earlier OFS said enemy trainers will have Nucleon and do the same broken stuff with it, which I guess means stacking high-power normal moves that are now superboosted. Then when you encounter one of these guys, you have to switch in your own nuclear in order to not die, and give it a different typed move so you can still hit it. But the way this romhack fangame is, you know the developer saw through that and gave them non-nuclear moves of their own, probably fire to counter steel. So what the hell's left, then?

I mean yeah, this is a hardtype for hard people, but it's an RPG. Player skill is in things like planning and figuring out counters to bosses like a puzzle. These RPG hardtypes always start by taking away all of your options, though, leaving... what, exactly? Maybe I'm overthinking it.

magikid
Nov 4, 2006

krisslanza posted:

One of these Plot Points which is so important, it's entirely optional, and changes absolutely nothing for getting it! :v:

Oh hey, the Shinra Mansion basement would like to have a talk with us.

magikid
Nov 4, 2006

Prism posted:

Definitely use Pokemon Showdown though. Actually building the team in-game and doing breeding chains or making sure your EVs are right or you have the right Hidden Power or whatever you need is the worst part, and it lets you skip that step.

Do so many people do all that nonsense that everyone has to just to keep up? Obviously dorks are gonna dork, but you'd think you would just take your loss and go back to fighting more normal people who don't spend eight hours a day soft-resetting for IVs for whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magikid
Nov 4, 2006

CaptianKatsura posted:

(Also, the poor sap wasn't actually banned because they logged out immediately upon providing the answer, so the mods couldn't find them to ban them)

The mods. I love that this one guy's Pokemon stream has loving moderators.

• Locked thread