Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

dancingbears posted:

I dunno about you, but when I think of fairies, I think of the Fair Folk. Dark and Fighting both seem like they'd have trouble with the horrific rules and trickery that more traditional Fey live and breathe. Dragon...I guess you could work it with the same reason, or if you spun something about dragons being servants to the Fey? But Dragon resistance can't really be for any reason other than mechanics.

Sleeping Beauty maybe? The Prince needed the help of the fairies to slay the dragon (Maleficent), maybe there's precedent in old fables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
If they keep the Regional Forms concept beyond Sun & Moon then we could eventually see a bug type Flygon. Here's hoping they don't more or less drop it like they did with Mega Evolution.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

inthesto posted:

I find that FFT 1.3's battle design suffers from the exact same problem that Pokemon Uranium does: The designer has a very specific solution to the game in mind, and if you can't figure it out, gently caress you.

Likewise, both are better if you cheat and cut out the grind. OFS programmed cheap Rare Candy into the first shop so he wouldn't have to grind on random mons, and the old 1.3 thread cheated to make JP grinding a non-issue.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

get that OUT of my face posted:

To be fair, that last line is also applicable to Durant, which is also the last name of an NBA superstar.

Durant is a DURable ANT. Not particularly inspired but it at least says something about the mon, unlike Smore.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Tired Moritz posted:

I love that Garlic pokemon. Reminds me of Onion Kid/Duelle in Legend of Mana.

That is quite the insult to LoM's gorgeous art.

I mean, really? Really?

fake edit: found this while searching for Garlikid

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

We've seen 49 of the 168 new designs for Uranium, by the way.

One of those is Palij which I think I glossed over technically having as part of the photographer's requests.

Middle bird. Meh.

It looks like a Ho-Oh prevolution.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

LupusAter posted:

And again, when talking about fanmade games, Pokemon Sage takes the concept (pokeball mimic) and executes it a lot better.

wanna pet that fish :3:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I'm not all that bothered by "How could I have possibly known to do that?" evolutions because nowadays we have stuff like serebii, gamefaqs, and bulbapedia. Some games are better off by being completely self contained and being able to logically puzzle everything out on your own, but others like Dark Souls and Pokemon are basically built on the idea of a community of players sharing information, trading, and cooperating and/or competing their way through the games.

Trade evos are stupid though, and I hate them.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
In response to just about everything in this update.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
So, is there a villain team in this game? I feel like we should have at least heard of them by now.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

theGrooseofLegend posted:

Speaking of Pokemon stories, what's everyone's opinion on the Pokemon special manga? When I read it, I really liked how each protag had distinct personalities (my favorite is Diamond. He's a chill dude who wants to make kids laugh) but in hindsight it had some edgy things that the guys who made Uranium would eat up (evil gym leaders and elite 4, death, etc)

Pokemon Special gave us Mewtwo fighting with a giant spoon, and is worth it for that reason alone.

Alacron fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Mar 29, 2017

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
It's also weird in the sense that, by the game's logic, you can do more damage to a rock by biting it than by stomping on it.

But Pokemon has a consistent competitive scene and it doesn't do to rock the boat too much.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Antivehicular posted:

This would be a better game if we just had all the Dr. Andonightmares wandering around. Plus, I dunno, Negative Man -- not like he's a worse Pokemon design than Garlikid.

I feel like it's worth reiterating every time we have something nice to say about this game, that Garlikid loving exists.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Aisu posted:

Friends and I ended up discussing this, and one of them (kaaramel on Tumblr) ended up doodling my personal idea on how to do a Pokeball-incorporated Pokemon:

Different balls give different levels of DEF and SpDEF, plus a secondary typing for the weirder balls. We can't decide if Master Ball Form has godly defenses or if it's the weakest just to mess with collectors.

Look, whatever else, it beats the ghost thing.

wanna pet that crab. :3:

Also it kinda reminds me of the crab robots from Genesis era Sonic.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Asehujiko posted:

After bouncing off X hard due to it's neverending stream of old 'mons and dripfeeding new ones at a rate of 1/route, I was pleasantly surprised by Sage demo #1.

I get this line of thought, but that was actually a selling point for me. The pokedex is goddamn GINORMOUS at this point and I liked the diversity that Kalos offered.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Raitzeno posted:

Wasn't that basically DemiKids?

Nah, Brimstone and Sulphur would be taking Pokemon and making it edgy as gently caress, that was taking SMT and pokefying it.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Well, there's Garlikid, but he hasn't been relevant for a long rear end time.

Unless... Is Garlikid causing the nuclear meltdowns? :tinfoil:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Crossposting

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Have the whole set:

I think the Ned Kelly pokemon is my main.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I love the image that the Uranium wiki has for CURIE

Such majesty :allears:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
What about Best Boy Hazma?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Galick posted:

You gotta link this, I need more trainwreck.

Here you go

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

cheetah7071 posted:

My general opinion is that if it's a term kids use on the playground it's probably fine to have an NPC use the term. So "shinies" instead of "shiny pokemon" and "legendaries" instead of "legendary pokemon" are A-okay in my book but I'd balk at "priority" or IV/EV chat.

I mostly agree, but Legendary is one term that depends on context. There's a distinct difference between referring to a Pokemon as being Legendary and referring to it as A Legendary, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Scarodactyl posted:

203.png
203b.png
Stats are canon.
204.png
204b.png
Stats are canon.

My only regret is that I have but one :five: to give.

• Locked thread