Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Mister "Samus has a mole somewhere on her body and only I know where it is" Sakamoto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

It's a trade evolution.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

uranium seems to have a 'thing' for giving canon pokemon evolutions of its own. they generally just really suck for the most part

It even gets a tail again, despite that being against the entire theme of the Mankey line, even though ITS OWN loving NAME matches the theme.

Mankey > Primape, monkey > ape, tail > no tail. Do gorillas have tails, Uranium??? :cripes:

Mandrage posted earlier works, because mandrills actually have tails!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Raserys posted:

Isn't Theo like 8

Yes, Theo is years younger than the player. He is a whiny, brat of a child, because he is a literal elementary schooler.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

LAY-ZX posted:

I looked up Titanice's Pokedex.

"They migrate all over the ocean, congregating at the poles but occasionally moving to warmer waters. What lies beneath the surface is a mystery."

It's sea Diglett

How could they NOT know what it looks like? It's loving WATER, just swim under it or something. :psyduck:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Herr Tog posted:

gently caress you for reminding me of this

How could you ever forget food with attitude?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Herr Tog posted:

same way we forgot looney toon squad reboot in the 90s

Oh god dammit.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

BioEnchanted posted:

I never watched it but the premise for "Fighting Foodies" as presented in teh intro is potentially interesting. Shame it's trash. According to the intro the monsters are based on recipes that the characters cook so you could have hundreds of different designs based off the same base recipe depending on tweaks, and having to make each dude from scratch would prevent just throwing out the same dude every battle (*cough* Pikachu *cough*)

The first big upgrade for the protag's main Foodon, Fried Ricer, is a single perfectly placed pea on top of the rice mound. Yes, Fried Ricer, a plate of fried rice that uses martial arts. I'm pretty sure they did have to recook the food in order to get them back to full health, too, because they are actual food that the chefs magically turn into not-Pokemon.

Fighting Foodons was full of stupid food puns and it owned and I will fight you.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Zeta somehow sounds even worse than Uranium.

Onmi posted:

It's sad Medabots didn't catch on, so many games in japanese only.

At least we got the awesome GBA games. A full JRPG/Pokemon and a handheld Smash Bros clone, both with that sweet, sweet Medapart customization.

DeafNote posted:

well we all know the best of them all was clearly Medabots

Except season 3. gently caress season 3.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

seikamater is one of the game's legendaries so i'm not too surprised about it being buff as hell

A legendary you can get an infinite amount of, without trading with anybody.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

krisslanza posted:

The only issue I have with it is, I think in this 'story' all this nuclear radiation issues is a very recent problem, right?
How did some Pokemon suddenly exist that can eat and cleanse radiation, if its only been a problem within the past like, 3 days. :psyduck:

To be fair, radiation has been a problem since that power plant blew Ranger Ninja Good Human Hokage Dick Solomon's mom up like 10 years ago, and this game plays faster and looser with science than even official Pokémon games.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Miliardo posted:

All hail Shadow, heroes rise again!
Obliterating everything that's not your friend!
Nothing can stop you now,
No ghosts to bring you down.
When there's nothing left to lose, you win!

There we go.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

dungeon cousin posted:

I forgot to mention this earlier but I'm here scratching my head over why is one of the true Nuclear-type Pokemon a Xenomorph.

Fangame.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Aithon posted:

The bosses don't just lose in a children's game and walk away, they are defeated or killed and sometimes also become bound to you by contract.

Or in the case of DDS, you straight up eat 99% of the guys you fight.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

This is cute and I can't wait to see how they ruin it.

We already saw it.

quote:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

did they ever explain why we can put pokemon in computers

In the first anime season, Ash and Gary were sending all their Pokémon to Oak's house, since he apparently had enough land to support at least one massive herd of Tauros.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

The best part of Actan joining, and then immediately leaving, your party, is that you can waste Pokeballs and "catch" it and it will still gently caress off, at least in the version Tie played. He could have used the Master Ball on it and ended up with nothing.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Is Adam better or worse than MNo9's hours long list of backers?

Robindaybird posted:

A Gengar hoodie would be cute if given a different design,, Adam's just looks kind of dumb.

Remove the front face. Long, Gengar-purple sleeves. The hood and collar should be Gengar's head and mouth. Basically a Gengar Halloween costume, but without the bottom/legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

So Theo is going to rapidly age and die before he hits 30?

• Locked thread