Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

cheetah7071 posted:

Mega-Inflagetah could have killed it the normal way, right? this was for fun rather than out of necessity?

Yeah. Items are allowed so I could just revive him if it didn't work the first Flame Impact.

But it's not every day you can PP stall the final boss, you know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Onmi posted:

EDIT: removing that, I assume that OFS will cover it.

Oh, no, actually. If anything I figured it'd boot me to the pokemon center right before the final round, or something.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
This game uses RSE/DPPt berry mechanics which means you need to obsessively water them in real time to get yields better than 1 or 2.

In RSE, the Wailmer Pail is available at in route 4, shortly before the first gym leader.

In DPPt, the Sprayduck is at Floaroma Town, a bit after the first gym leader.

In HG/SS, the SquirtBottle is given after the third gym leader, and the berry pots for growing berries are given not long after.

In X/Y, the Sprinklotad is at the Berry Fields, a bit after the first gym as well and given with the ability to plant berries in the first place.

In GSC trees gave one berry a day. In B/W and their sequels, this is relegated to the Dream World, which sucked but at least when it worked you could grow a shitton of berries, and ostensibly you could start shortly after the first gym. In FR/LG the berry place was in the late-game for some reason but puked a lot of berries. In S&M it's part of Poke Pelago, obtained after the 3rd trial, and grows way too loving many.

In Uranium, the Watering Can is obtained in Victory Road in a double battle with level 73 opponents in a room that requires Waterfall to reach.

This game lets you to plant berries extremely early like RSE, on route loving 1, but puts the ability to get meaningful numbers later than any official game. This is extra-notable because awakenings are not for sale in most stores for no adequately explained reason, so besides a single full heal, the only way way to cure sleep early on is one free berry in Kelvar town. Maria has two Pokemon with Yawn, and the AI is hog-wild about Yawning.

It's several bad decisions colliding into each other to create a the need for me to have a Barewl tank scratches because I had, in fact, no other options. Because the watering can is in the post-game. Later, there's a store that deals entirely in berries. The trees in route 9 do regenerate, but I can't do anything more until the post-game, when the utility of that store has fallen off.

I can buy ethers in the department store. There's infinite money from the first town. Growing berries would provide me with no advantages that don't already exist. Why is it in the post-game? Why?!

Incidentally, the game has the menu option to use mulch, and the four mulches exist in items.dat.

code:
41,GROWTHMULCH,Growth Mulch,5,200,"A plant fertilizer. It speeds up the growth of Berries. However, it also dries the soil faster.",2,0,0,
42,DAMPMULCH,Damp Mulch,5,200,A plant fertilizer. It slows the growth of Berries and causes the soil to dry slower.,2,0,0,
43,STABLEMULCH,Stable Mulch,5,200,A plant fertilizer. It extends the time ripened Berries remain on their plants before falling.,2,0,0,
44,GOOEYMULCH,Gooey Mulch,5,200,A plant fertilizer. It ups the number of times new plants grow where mature plants withered.,2,0,0,
But there's no way to obtain them.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

CURIE hands over 12K francs for their defeat. Even insane terrorists have to respect league rules.

CURIE's a bit pissed about that whole "pp stalling" thing.

Heh, idiot, you can't do anything without making creatures fight!

Ignore that part where just that happened.

Urayne, lacking PP, falls onto CURIE.

And somethings.

Actan decides now is a good time to jump out, after CURIE's mask breaks to reveal a teal-haired woman underneath. And I guess Actan removes the radiation somehow???

Lacking in particular momentum, someone has to run in.

It's Kellyn.

Kellyn explains things that are blatantly obvious.

He's going to have to study this face for twelve hours, until then:

The important NPCs show up to congratulate us more, until

It's revealed that CURIE was the player's long-thought-dead mother all along!

Absolutely no one saw that coming!!

Yes thanks for explaining Jortsman, that's great of you.

Kellyin shouts at interpol agent Stormbringer. He's lashing out about his wife being a nuclear terrorist.

You know, since he spent years investigating that very spot.

"I mean, I knew she was a stone-cold loving criminal, but"

Well mom always was a bit mass-murder-y.

She has used the brain machine too much and it made her brain break.

Cameron guesstimates the most convienient possible time requirement for a telepathy machine to cause terrorism.

Theo brings up that time he was stuck in a pod.

Hey, remember when the game forced us to push a button, and immediately after was CURIE loving things up? Yeah.

Me too.

Too bad it doesn't.

Theo remembers that being stuck in a pod is exceptionally edgy, and his wasn't very long at all!

Jortsman narrates obvious things for us, gently caress him.

Kellyn takes the most evasive as to Lucille facing charges for nuclear terrorism, yet technically reasonable answer possible, and the two leave.

Meanwhile, Actan reveals it was actually fishing Urayne out of the lava.

Everyone states about five different ways to say it isn't trying to kill us by punching us anymore.

Urayne summons brainial beams to chat.

OST: Revelation.ogg

Composer never expected this to be the bittersweet dramatic backstory music, and yet here it is.

Actan gave Urayne an energy source, so it will no longer be driven by hunger.

Which means we finally stopped nuclear terrorism! :woop:

I don't know how Lucille survived for a decade, especially after the pod was unsealed. Can you feed someone with nuclear arms?

Urayne was just wanting to live, hence why it obeyed every cruel whim of a sadistic supervillain.

Secret research lab deep underneath Epsilon plant on...

The island doesn't have a name. I'm calling it Skull Island.

"Can it literally punch atoms?" "No it's not quite precise enough yet." "Dammit!"

Until... well it's hard to maintain suspense when you already know the entire story because it's not complicated at all.

The acronym is stupid, btw. Totally thought of the name first.

At first, Lucille treated it cold and formally.

Urayne drops some deep stuff instead of asking hey what's the pizza place's number I'm pretty hungry.

"that sounds really fuckin stupid" "Yeah, it is."

"still wouldnt show me their foil charizard, the shithead."

Kind of a lame-rear end naming ceremony.

But I guess you wouldn't want too many people in the room when you're dubbed "piss".

"There's a place called Anthell."
"that sounds stupid."
"It is. It really is."

I imagine a power grid reliant on one thing punching atoms wouldn't be that great and Larkspur was lovely enough that he probably only had nuclear terrorism in mind since he's generically evil, but whatever.

This is about the time Larkspur got busted.

Lucille hid Urayne's thoughts because it wasn't meant to have them.

Remember Porygon? Me neither.

Bad words!

Lucille vows to protect the fledging creature.

And soon...

She's put to the test!

You know, I'd think a reactor exploding would damage the tank, but, uh

So for ten years all they had to talk about was being hungry and Anthell.

The red siren effect continues into narration.

In both fights, Urayne's moveset is Atomic Punch/Half-Life/Quantum Leap/Overheat. I dunno. Felt like bringing it up.

But uh you still used your powers to hurt people because...

Urayne notices Hero of Tandor Ranger Ninja Good Human Hokage Dick Solomon's inherent nobility.

Urayne decides to travel to the world iwth Dick Solomon.

And this is finally when we get Urayne. I doubt Uranium has an ubers scene because the last save opportunity is before the fight and the game will auto-save with the ending. You kinda can't savescum it.

Hm, nah.

Actan decides to gently caress off somewhere instead of stay with us.

Suddenly less useful people arrive and ask about the championship.

Theo, overwhelmed by Dick Solomon's heroic actions like PP stalling, forfeits the championship, meaning...

We're now Champion Hero of Tandor Ranger Ninja Good Human Hokage Dick Solomon!

Don't yell at me! :(

I only have five Pokemone because Actan buggered off.

Oh well, the real hero gets to be honored.

Yay! A really bland screen! :buddy:

The credits take place ocver assorted fanart. Making fun of it would be a real low thing to do. Instead I'll make fun of the only people who deserve it:

None of you seven did your job properly! Why is Tiko even a thing?! :argh:

Eh, I know I've been critical, but Uranium's still better that FR/LG.

HOT.

TAKE.

But just because the creidts roll doesn't mean we're done.......................................

Orange Fluffy Sheep fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 31, 2017

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

GeneX posted:

I laugh at OFS pretending this is better than FR/LG in almost any way

Heh.

Who's pretending. :smugdog:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Basically Uranium's stasis pods are whatever the story needs to create the most drama and tension, as well as explaining how the player character's mother is the antagonist without it affecting any of their interactions.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Pyro Jack posted:

I get the feeling that CURIE actually being the mom wasn't the initial idea. Especially since there was absolutely no foreshadowing about it in the slightest if I remember correctly.

According to a dev interview, it was originally planned for Mom to be Really Dead and Cameron to be CURIE, but that plan didn't go very far.

Or so I have read.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
"A" Master Ball because you're never given that free one and only get one from a perfect match at the ID lottery.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Rainuwastaken posted:

For once, Uranium is doing you a favor. Using a master ball announces to the world that you are weak of spirit and will never be a real Pokemon master. :colbert:

You try getting a 0-speed IV Quiet Necrozma with HP Ground some other way, then.

Be a trick room weirdo like me in the 3ds world of 3 perfect IVs, and you'll love having a Master Ball around. :v:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Alacron posted:

What about Best Boy Hazma?

That she failed utterly doesn't mean she didn't try.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

After the credits we are transported by some strange wizardry back home.

Kellyn and Lucille are here. Why they aren't at their ostensible home in Bealbeach is beyond me.

I can still sing the dead mom blues right, I almost had a band together.

Auntie leaves so that Kellyn can monologue at us. It has two main points:

It's weird this game ends on this distant of a hope. Too bitter, not enough sweet.

At least Auntie gives us a cookie.

Immediately on leaving home, Theo ambushes us to tell us how cool we are some more and restate what we just did.

I

actually forget this for like ever

Jortsman continues to tell us what we just did and now that we can do whatever without the nonspecific threat of nuclear catastrophe.

This is the one I do, because his other idea is Angelure Town which isn't a part of the game.

He also gives me this thing I hate.

I've mentioned hidden abilities, and we've seen some, like Poison Heal Gliscor or Contrary Chimaconda. The Poke Radar is Uranium's means of accessing them.

Uranium considers 194 a complete Pokedex. I'm going to get 201.

It's finally night when I get to Bamb'o's lab so I finally get a Gliscor. It's unironically one of my favorites, and I've waged countless wars of attrition with one. I miss Flying Gem-boosted Acrobatics...

Laissure has a meaty Earthquake and enough other moves to make it work. It's got a new-for-Uranium move called Subduction that's sorta like Overheat and Earthquake had a baby, and its mediocre special attack is carried surprisingly far by getting Eruption for no adequately explored reason. It's held back by 95 speed and no good recovery options, so it's a straight upgrade to Donphan rather than a broken motherfucker like most Uranium things.

Urayne changes from Alpha to Beta formes by the Nuclear Core item. The Gamma forme is unobtainable and exists entirely to make a harder final boss.

The tinkerer gives the item to replace Waterfall now, even before I get Waterfall. I think the game expected me to go to Theo's place (where Cameron would give me the HM) immediately instead of ignoring it.

Through imporperly-layered tiles we can finally go to Route 11 freely.

I'm fine with such a niche TM being hidden so. Better than keeping Flamethrower locked away.

I remember in RSE when Gardevoir and Weezing having this made them big deals by default, then D/P introduced this TM and like every ghost and fire could get some real physical tanking on. Offense was free to get stronger because defensive moves became better. It's important to provide counterplays.

Uranium misses this, because Inflagetah is immune to burn.

I've got a decent stack of repels!

It's time to pop the radar!

The radar's mechanics are really weird and complicated so lemme sum it up real quick. Use it in grass and some tiles shake.

These have mons. If you defeat or catch the mon it shakes again, and you fight another mon of the same species. Otherwise, like if you fight something else due to bad luck, it ends. Or sometimes it ends arbitrarily. The longer it goes the more likely hidden abilities and shinies are.

It takes 50 steps between actual activvations. Somehow, Uranium's radar feels "off". I can't put it into words, but I was never good at the radar to begin with, so what the gently caress do I know?

I keep at it in a better patch of grass. Since the radar only works in grass, Uranium has a lot of things that don't ever appear in grass otherwise show up in random places with the radar. Like, say, Route 11 has Devimp since otherwise it's only in caves.

So here's a Devimp, showing off its hidden ability. And the increased rate of shinies from the radar. And a name that's half Powerpuff Girls reference and a band name.

Disenchant is new for Uranium, and I really really like abilities that take things that aren't resistances (dark/fire is neutral to fairy) and makes them resistances. Its normal abilities are Defiant (+2 attack whenever a stat is lowered) and Intimidate (-1 attack to the opposing team when it enters (and what Defiant mainly answers)) so the HA isn't necessary. I just like it because it makes it edgier. Little effite fairies can't even touch coldsteel the pokemen.

Okay, so this next bit needs a bit of preamble.

"the first update posted:

After tragic backstory, we get control. First thing I do is check the PC item storage to get a potion, like in Red & Blue.

This is the only time PC item storage is relevant as the player has infinite item capacity. I don't know why besides that it's a default part of the Pokemon Essentials script package.

This means the PC has multiple menus, but the only one I have used since withdrawing this potion is the Pokemon boxes. This means I mash through everything else until I get to the boxes.

The game has done nothing to break me of this habit until suddenly,

A post-game only event happens instead of the boxes, the only hint I was about to run into this avoided because the normal PC selection menu was replaced by nonsense. A menu the entire game up to this point I skipped through as quick as possible because the only pay-off for not doing so is that it takes longer.

Also this happens randomly, it just so happened to hit me as I was trying things with Chicoatls. It happens randomly at the PC so it replaces the menu you'd access to get ready to capture a level 90 wild Pokemon.

Oh yeah, this event involves Pokemon at a higher level than god. Because god's level 80.

PU-PunkTheme.ogg

Yes, the music is a chiptune remix of Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.

And you have to do simon says to progress, for no reason, since there's no penalty for failure.

It's extra tacky.

After two rounds you hit the 'punks, obviously.

They're level 90, in a double battle. You may not know this, but against a wild double battle you can only catch one Pokemon because you have to KO the other first. So even with everything else you can't get both punks.

This event only occurs once. You can't get the other one without trading.

Since I have Zapface and a bunch of wild chicoatls I am in no shape to even try catching one. God, everything about obtaining your own Daft Punk is ill-conceived and poorly executed.

If I weren't a filthy loving hacker this might be the end of my Pokedex dreams.

420DrakeIt up there is my post-game Fly-haver, since it's a dragon that I haven't really used before and I like dragons.

Now that I have the ability to climb waterfalls, let's find some areas that are post game-only due to being behind waterfalls.

HIM is now a big bad Beliaddon. Beliaddon's name is a fusion of Belial, a demon who may or may not be the devil or a personification of evil, and Abaddon, the personification of the torments of damnation who may also be the king of the locusts that destroy humanity in the end times. Beliaddon is a literal demon from Hell.

"Beliaddon's pokedex posted:

Its kind came out of a fiery chasm which contained an otherworldly portal. A furnacehotter than the sun burns within its chest. If it burns you, the pain will never fade.

It's the third of Uranium's psudeolegendaries, and the one with 145 base attack and the most edge.

Its signature move modifies normal type matchups and is always super-effective against fairies, slicing through homo poo poo and my mom's bitching instantly. This includes Syrentide and Luxelong, who normally resist fire.

It's also an absurdly high-level move. HIM is in fact the lowest level a Beliaddon can be and have Infernal Blade.

I just want to mention for a second that Dick Solomon is using a pickaxe to pull a surfboard up a giant waterfall.

It's actually a waterfall past a sliding puzzle in the second cave that has the important waterfall.

We're immediately accosted by a high-tier patreon backer!

No, really, that's what happened. A guy helped finance Pokemon Uranium so hard he's now an NPC for this post-game area.

There's carvings in an ice wall. We don't get to read them.

Instead Adam relates what they supposedly say to us.

Apparently Lanthan is in the Lanthanite Core of Mt. Lanthanite. Even after finding Actan at Mt. Actanite, this feels like a bit of a stretch.

Adam is a partner for this area.

Five seconds past the carvings, we run into another person who knows about this part of the cave.

HIM may or may not be overleveled for everything in the game. Or maybe it's just his soul on fire making him seem above everything he fights. He effortlessly rips of the wings of this butterfly and buries it alive.

By Love.

Funeral of Hearts.

gently caress this gimmick.

drat staight, it's me, Champion Hero of Tandor Ranger Ninja Good Human Hokage Dick Solomon, and my demon from hell.

I kinda like the look of this screen, as little sense as it makes but this part is super-short so it doesn't do anything with it really.

Probably for the best, all Uranium knows to do is strength puzzles.

Get it? It's Game of Thrones! At least this isn't a reference that beats me over the head.

Adam wears a Gengar hoodie.

Why, in the post-game, is this TM here? Hell, why did Uranium make this a TM? Every psychic is better using Psychic.

It does look like a place to save at before walking two tiles up and pressing A.

Adam of course has to throw down, because you don't get put in a Pokemon game to just be a partner in a dungeon.

Seriously dude your Gengar hoodie looks goofy.

HIM is very high level from just plowing through everything, and gets to plow through everything more as a result.

Normally this would be a problem but HIM also has Drain Punch and Earthquake to round out his coverage.

wait what

oh my god

So the game has Gengar and its mega stone in it entirely because it's Adam's favorite Pokemon.

Uranium's Pokedex has 201 Pokemon in it. No Ghastly or Haunter.

Buried alive by... Crunch?

Yeah I was right the first time.

Gengar shouldn't try to get into open fights with physical dark-types, unless you get that 70% Focus Blast hit.

Lanthan shows up to tell us to get off of its lawn.

Lathan is a physical house of a Ground/Steel Pokemon.

HIM decapitates it with Infernal Blade, slaying it instantly.

So, yeah, I accidentally murdered Lanthan because I wanted to see what would happen. Turns out Adam screams in horror as Lathan's carcass melts into the magma.

Then we wake up back at the top of the waterfall?

Turns out this game is really nice about this legendary and has some sort of groundhog day thing if you decapitate Lanthan instead of catching it.

Next try I only mostly beat it up and thow Heavy Balls at it.

After all, it weighs a ton and a half.

The moose has some ludicrously good stats to go with Ground/Steel typing. 110/130/109 on the defenses, and 106 base attack is good enough when it's backing a STAB Earthquake and Metal Cruncher (that move Actan had). Its ability is Sheer Force, which helps its Steel options immensely but doesn't do much for Earthquake. It does have Nasty Plot and Calm Mind and a robust special movepool of moves with side effects, so perhaps its somewhat piddly special attack could get to work too.

It has Stealth Rocks, Knock Off, Thunder Wave, Toxic, and Substitute to go with its resilience. And Torment. Perhaps a Tormenthan would be workable like Tormentran was.

I haven't mentioned it, but East and West Tandor have their own maps for Fly. The only way to quickly go from one to the other is the boat between Venisi and Bealbeach.

Minor nuisance #255. One more and it rolls over to none, at least!

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Red Metal posted:

so when do you capture heatran

Heatran is not one of the 34 35 official Pokemon in the Uranium 'dex.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Omnicrom posted:

a MEGA Gengar because he's the best you guys.

The other post-game elite trainers, including the guardians of the watering can, have mega rings, too.

There's also Paul, who has the Syrentideite, and I forgot to even fight him since I got mine from Vaeryn.

He has a worse theme. His Pokemon have nicknames.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

GeneX posted:

I stopped reading that one around the time the band manager rigged the concert hall with bombs for no apparent reason

Adam would be less awful if he wasn't pretty much the only motherfucker with an actual pokemon instead of a uranium fakemon

Gyarados/Gliscor/Espeon/Ampharos/Whimsicott/Gengar would work in Uranium's currently implemented 'dex, just throwing that out there.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Adam's actual team is S51-A/Coatlith//Beliaddon/Nucleon/Chainite/Gengar so it might just be what he thought was cool.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Manatee Cannon posted:

to be fair, roaming legendaries are still worse

Yeah.

Thankfully Uranium has none of those. Legit best choice they made.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Several things are open at Victory Road, since it has several waterfalls.

First is this one in a cave, indicated by this early shot of the pop-up for the climbing pick that makes it look off-center.

There's a garden with two people here, asking for help with the flo-

Or maybe a double battle. Sure.

Despite having the same class name, internally Sol and Adam are different classes. A trainer's sprite is determined by class in Pokemon Essentials.

So if I set Tiko to Apocalypse, he'd appear as CURIE. Kinda fitting with that Inflagetah. Class determines battle music, as well. These two both individually have EliteBattle.ogg, the music from the championship. So did Adam. It also determines the payout and relative skill of the AI.

Anyway this is a double battle, and I have the advantage re. scarfed Nucleon and Mega Electruxo.

Not that the two don't try. They are indeed two seperate trainers and each get their own mega evolution.

shut the gently caress up sol i swear to god

Anyway we finally have the watering can and can grow berries with any efficiency.

This pond isn't just decorative! For example, it doesn't jive with the surfboard animation!

Oh and another waterfall.

It leads to Acty's lair.

It's level 80 like before, but it's not nuclear. Actan's regular typing is steel/dark.

Duke Nukem blasts apart into chunks. It doesn't really do much, intimidate and steel-type and all.

Zapmander has a x4 steel resistance, making Metal Cruncher a tickle.

And Static kicks in.

Goddamn I'm so sorry I ever fooled around with that harlot Porkyus, you're the only broken-rear end mega-evolving water-type for me, Zapmander.

Actan's a little less fat than his bro, but not enough to stop Heavy Balls from absorbing it.

It's a squirrel.

If you squint.

25 left to go. But at 175 we hit the penultimate reward.

This makes more babies happen. The finer math requires understanding the mod256 calls the game makes and it's all rather fruitless and not very entertaining compared to "makes more babies happen".

I also have a Lavent, with Magma Armor, for making eggs hatch twice.

And Duplicat can gently caress anything that can gently caress, as it has Ditto's omnisexual powers.

Basically this is a lot of pre-evolutions and branching evolutions resolved. Not as bad as X/Y's pokedex. Whew.

For the next few, we're going to have to do something weird.

For unclear reasons, Pokemon Uranium has mystery gifts! This includes Spritzee's two evolution items!

Well, I've put it off long enough, but Uranium has five trade evolutions. I got one off of the GTS, but the other four we'll have to enter the maelstrom.

I mean the game doesn't become inactive in the background (this is 38% of my file's time) so I don't know what the heck.

Uh, here's the lobby. Since you're on a computer to even be playing this you can just hit up someone on twitter DMs or whatever to send your ID and receive one.

Considering how close these are sequentially, I... I am not even going to guess. Giving an RPG Maker XP production actual online features is incredible, and having fan-run servers more so, even if they do feel like jank that's going to shudder apart at any moment.

Wow! I found a real fricker! I'm so used to finding synthetic frickers that I gave up hope!

This is actually fellow goon Xavier Genisi, who for reasons unknown willingly agreed to help!

...I forgot to bring them. I'm used to how trading has worked for the 3ds games, where you can just pick anything from your team or your boxes, and wonder trading let me get things from boxes.

Okay here are the four things that matter, after trading over My Fursona to ensure that trades did, in fact, work.

Because I'm the OT of both things, it lists my character's name twice.

And after that trade it kicks me out.

And it doesn't quite communicate that Genisi is busy with the trade evolutions and makes me wait out the timer, which is another jank element.

Eventually I get the trades back, all evolved and everything.

Xenoqueen is as much a glass cannon as every other nuclear-type is, only having Fallout to really set itself apart.

This includes finally, after so long, having my own Chainite.

130 base attack, STAB Sucker Punch and Pursuit, Shadow Tag. It traps and the only type immune to trapping is snared on immense Pursuits discouraging it. It's mediocre in every other regard, but trapping with some seriously beefy priority is scary regardless.

Aromatisse is the same as the official games. Uranium's janky dex makes it the best Trick Room setter, except maybe S51-A or Winotinger. Or maybe Antarki since it's the only one not dunked by Inflagetah or Tracton.

Miasmedic about is the same except it'd be simultaneously better and worse, as a result of its Poison typing and relatively big Gunk Shot or Poison Jab with 50% poisons, but worse defenses. Miasmedic seems to be the result of wanting to hammer that plague doctor mask thing Spritzee and Aromatisse kinda have in way too hard, and beyond making it poison/fairy and making its attack bigger than its special attack, they forgot to do much with it. Its movepool is basically Aromatisse's with a few poison moves taped on.

Thanks to that, I'm at 189. It's definitely a lot, very close to the end, but that's as far as I can get in-game.

But who says I'm stuck with that? If the game tries to stop me, I can edit the game!

And thus, besides cheap rare candies, my other meaningful edit to Uranium for the purpose of this Let's Play. Route 1's encounter tables are now stuffed with the remaining entities in Uranium.

For example, this loving thing and not in a surprise event at level 90, jesus.

Even these get nicknames.

Also, the other fossil.

This is how you make a Pokemon name, Uranium devs!

This is about as good of a reason as you get as to why the punks were in an event at the PC.

heh

heh heh

In order for Adam's cameo to work, Gengar is a fully coded Pokemon. It's exactly the same as normal.

This is its Emerald pokedex entry, verbatim.

Frostifant becomes possibly the closest Uranium itself gets to a good name. It doesn't make a good Pokemon, because Ice/Rock is atrociously bad.

...Uh

Well

um

I

It's a fusion of Plusle and Articuno, and I

you see

er

Uranium's mythic Pokemon, base 100s all around, Ice/Electric typing that'll only get by on the grace of God and its offensive presence, something I shouldn't have.

Also I touched the fishing encounters, mostly to put in more things I shouldn't have.

The river legends have sprites, stats, and level up moves defined, but not much else.

Baitatao is a beefy fire/water guy and those are almost always worth it.

Leviathao WONT GET loving CAUGHT

The big fucko is water/ice which is almost never worth it.

And last is Krakanao, who has decent typing and the stats to back it up, especially since there's a 99% chance it'll get Knock Off from tutors once it has defined tutor moves.

I'd compare it to Wrexial, The Risen Deep but you only know that's a Magic: The Gathering card from this sentence.

The river legends are further along than the literal Yin and Yang, who are just names, types, base stats, and pokedex.

Really, really dumb pokedex.

They do technically have sprites, in that there's technically 198.png and 199.png, but they're 80x80 pieces of transparency, effectively nothing.

Well since they don't display anything, I'm free to doodle whatever I want here.

Mutios is a bigger pain, because it's a ghost and immune to False Swipe normally. Without proper moves defined, they only know Atomic Punch, for reasons I am not going to speculate on. It takes several tries to get its 3 catch rates (out of 255) to cooperate.

Zephy, the river legends, and literal yinyang don't have box sprites, either.

And they lack back sprites. So I guess that the absence of a sprite means the game displays 000.png or 000b.png, the b being how the backsprites are internally marked.

Anyway, if you counted, that's 11 Pokemon, getting me to 200! But there's 201! Who's the missing guy? No reward for guessing right!

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Spelling Mitsake posted:

If you breed a Gengar with a Duplicat do you get another Gengar?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
By the way, literally every update's name is a song title. Figured I'd mention it before I forgot to.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

The missing thing was Umbreon! I can't remember if anything but Espeon and Umbreon even give a poo poo about the time of day for evolving, and if they do, gently caress them.

Anyway, once it's actually 9 PM getting Umbreon is trivial.

This is literally every Pokemon defined in Uranium. Though Musharna and a few others appear for dialogue, only these 201 are, like, actual battle entities.

One of them only exists as a cameo and isn't acknowledged in the Pokedex. Only calls for the variable see it.

Six of these aren't even fully iplemented and the complete pokedex dialogue reflects this.

So that I have seven things the player should never have is...

Yep.

This triples the encounter rate of shiny pokemon, but since none of them look like a metroid who cares.

Anyway, now that I've done about everything else, let's go with that thing Theo told us about but I forgot.

Interpol thinks Champion Hero of Tandor Ninja Ranger Good Human Hokage Dick Solomon is rad as heck.

And they fired Cameron.

"Oh no, I am a man named Stormbringer with a super dragon with spy powers who can also perform skilled labor as an electrician, whatever shall I do?"

He'll go with the weird hopeful note the game is trying to have.

"And then frown when we have to bring her to justice for her actions as a nuclear terrorist."

Oh yeah, Theo's mom is actually dead. There isn't some terrorist named BRONISLAWA or anything.

Dick Solomon has created an awkward situation and didn't even have to say anything.

Lucikly Theo's already dealt with that angst and is as resolved as ever.

Theo wants to have that battle that was disrupted by stupid poo poo last time.

So he's going to be the new final battle of the championship, for the post-game.

Cameron isn't done throwing out plot hooks, but unfortunately,

It's another one for Angelure Town. Jeez, it's almost like 1.0 was rushed out the door to beat Sun & Moon to release, or something.

He also gives us the actual HM Waterfall. It's the best physical water move for most things. Aqua Tail has a 10% chance to fail, while this has a 20% chance to make the opponent fail, you see.

So we have to get through the championship again. Last two rounds are random as ever. This time I got Rosalind and Callie.

It's really good experience and money, but maybe the reliability and lack of pomp around grinding on the EV ninjas would do it for you better. Level gap doesn't affect experience results much compared to Electruxo's base yield. Much better money in the championship, though, until you get into some real hard Golden Fist OHKO shenanigans on ninjas.

The ninjas also don't have rematches with the rival, that's a point in their favor.

"A guy to your left, above lava..."

Don't capitalize it! You'll make lovely youtbers make videos about predestination!!

It'd be funny if the official way to get the legends I cheated for was to do this several times as they kept interrupting.

Unfortunately for him, one of us already is.

why is his head so big

OST: PU-EliteBattle2.ogg

I left this one alone. I have a grudging respect for how utterly over-the-top it is. It opens with an echoing guitar solo that gets a choir and bell and just gets goofier from there.

Championship Theo has level 80 guys kitted out with hold items and maxed IVs. If only they gave the same attention to the movesets.

It's okay, though, with his level 80 guys he's supposed to be the hardest opponent.

MEGAWEAPON opens up with a fatal Iron Head.

Don't gently caress with the backhoe dragon.

I hope for Iron Head's flinch but instead Night Slash scores a critical hit.

Doubly worrisome, since I'm running the Life Orb.

However, it only matters I take this thing out. Theo's also using a scarfed Hyper Voice-spamming Nucleon.

The devs were entirely aware of this, they made one.

Way to go you wacky-rear end piece of construction equipment!

That was the main threat of Theo's team, since the same way Duke Nukem can blow up lesser foes that Nucleon could destroy my team of dual-typed things.

Once again Vilucard lacks real moves, not that they'd help since I only needed one Quiver Dance to OHKO it with Thunderbolt.

Coatlith tries what it does best, doesn't help against +1 speed.

Of course Theo still has one trick up his sleeve.

Mega Archilles is not a joke. Do not ever take it for granted.

Superfly almost paid the price for it, after all!

But even under sun, a x4 water weakness is a x4 weakness.

And with that, the team of broken bastards has galloped over the game.

Theo's money yield is levelx90, and I don't know why.

I just want to say I am very glad I picked this name as it's never stopped being a tiny joy in the corner of my heart.

Theo accepts his loss gracefully, because it was to the best. :smug:

I was and still am! >:(

Lookit my pretty backhoe dragon. :3:

Zapmander gets the recognition I think he deserves, standing alongside MEGAWEAPON and Superfly as a superpowered rear end in a top hat.

Let's take a moment to remember all the friends. Who was your favorite friend? Mine was Rocket Man, he was disconcertingly good at plowing through things. A successful resolution of a daring scheme. Maybe you liked MEAGWEAPON, for its sheer style and braindead operation. Maybe JohnRemero made you his bitch. Bob Dennis resisting the first two gyms? Lotadio showing how item distribution can make supermen out of innocuous things? Top Boy PP-stalling the final boss?

Yeah, probably that one.

For defeating Theo at the championship, we get the thing what replaces Fly, whatever.

I'm done, and I have no reason to keep my trophies to myself.

So I wonder-traded HIM, since he's a shiny Beliaddon and all.

I wonder how this person throwing a Sponee up feels about getting a demon from hell?

I also put up Rocket Man. He's done defeating my foes, I hope someone else gets a kick out of him.

If either of you who got these things ever see this, I just want you to know,

Your welcome! I hope it helped!

And above all else, always remember,

The real treasure was the backhoe dragon inside of you, dear reader, all along.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Ometeotl posted:

Is this a reference to something I've forgotten?

Araquanid.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

the Orb of Zot posted:

EDIT: Would it have been possible to mod in a 202nd Pokemon, or was that not hackable with what you had access to?

It'd be pretty trivial all things considered.

Here's Daikatuna.

Name=Daikatuna
InternalName=DAIKATUNA
Type1=WATER
Type2=STEEL
BaseStats=90,118,75,110,53,50
GenderRate=Female50Percent
GrowthRate=Fast
BaseEXP=225
EffortPoints=0,2,0,1,0,0
Rareness=15
Happiness=70
Abilities=SWIFTSWIM,INNERFOCUS
HiddenAbility=SHEERFORCE
Moves=1,TACKLE,1,GROWL,1,AQUAJET,1,IRONHEAD,1,SWORDSDANCE,1,SLASH,1,NIGHTSLASH
Compatibility=Water2
StepsToHatch=5120
Height=1.8
Weight=58.3
Color=Black
Habitat=Sea
RegionalNumbers=120
Kind=KATANA
Pokedex=It often wields Frynai or Saidine as weapons. The sword on its head is made from steel folded 10,000 times.
BattlerPlayerY=9
BattlerEnemyY=10
BattlerAltitude=0
Evolutions=

Just make something with that formatting and find suitable 202.png and 202b.png and we'd be gold.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Commander Keene posted:

The main problem is you probably have to specify what "Rum Power" does as an Ability before you hand it to a Pokemon. Does OFS know how Abilities are set up? Also, what do we have Rum Power do? Attack up when Confused? Attack up, Agility down every turn in battle? Something with Berries as a Hold Item?

That's something you have to do with scripts in RPG Maker XP with some good old fashioned ruby.

I'd jam Ronch in but I seem to have broke something with Pokemon Essentials, and it was a headache to set up the first time...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Echo Cian posted:

Nice, the nose bugged me too but I had to stop somewhere.

But I didn't stop soon enough.

...At least it doesn't have buttwings?

This makes it look more like a Minum than a Plusle. Is it worth changing that for a more restrained palette?

• Locked thread