Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Well, I mean, something that had Flash Fire or Heatproof as an ability would be an auto-win in that situation. Or, I don't know... Kingdra I guess? Gonna take a shot in the dark here and assume neither of those is available at the time you fight that... whatever it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

senrath posted:

Let's be honest. How many people would have heard of or cared about Uranium if they had just made a "Pokemon-like" game instead of a Pokemon game? I'm guessing the number would be far lower than it is now, which is why none of these people ever consider not including trade dress.
I like to think there would be a market for a competently put together one, but a lot of that depends on the franchise, I'd assume. You could probably get a Breath of Fire fangame funded on Kickstarter if you just renamed it 'Agni Prana,' because the only things that stay constant throughout the series are: dude who turns into a dragon sometimes; girl with wings on her back; furries.

And honestly when I put it like that, I'm surprised no one's tried. 'Agni Prana, feat. Roger & Nancy.'

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Kool Animal Factizzles: not only is eucalyptus poisonous to just about everything other than Koalas, it's also complete garbage nutrition-wise. Koalas preserve their ecological niche p. much by being the only animal that can live off the stuff. Of course it's not a diet that allows for much activity, which is why they're such lazy little shits. Stupid entitled drop bears.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

It's pretty loving devastating as is, man. Aegislash is one of the reasons Sableye was a fixture on my teams for the entirety of Gen VI. (Mega-Kangaskhan was another.)

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

The Linkite idea is kind of neat in concept, but really falls flat in execution.
Seroously, could you see it interacting with Ash or Pikachu on the show?
Apparently there's a Mimikyu in the new season that explicitly hates Pikachu's guts, and peeking under the disguise traps you in a nightmare hellscape. What I'm getting at is, there's plenty of stuff here that could work if the makers had: a) a sense of restraint; b) playtesters who gave decent feedback.

Not the whole tragic backstory & nuclear explosions stuff though. That's a lost cause, front to back.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

The surfing ninjas are an obvious homage to the much-beloved 1993 classic, Surf Ninjas. You philistine.

(What'd you want to do with Spritzee, anyway? Game's difficulty curve looks pretty goddamn busted as is.)

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Complete pokedex, y'know. Spritzee accounts for 3 entries.
Wait, three--oh my god they made an Aromatisse mega didn't they

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

So it's Breloom, but faster & with a much wider move pool. Does it get Spore too?

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Oh hey I remember playing that Mola Mola game. At the time I believed they were making up all the stupid-rear end ways those fish die, but it turns out that was mostly the food they eat. They do in fact jump high enough to die on impact with the water, get pecked to death by the birds they use to eat the parasites on their skin, etc. A Magikarp game is oddly appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

How does using a Masterball effect either of those things, and what format are you playing that even allows Necrozma? I'm used to people obsessing over the perfect Tapu, but I'm not sure I've even used the one I caught, let alone seen someone else with it on a team.

• Locked thread