Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

It's only in retrospect that I realize I could've colored its back sprites' wool orange and I seriously regret not doing so.

Surely it's not too late? I would click fill on your pictures for you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

AriadneThread posted:

Pokémon: Cambrian Explosion Edition

They fit right in!

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

That I didn't know, it's adorable. I want it's evolution to up the weirdness, though, not turn into a charizard knockoff.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

There are other, closer pokemon whose names aren't springing to my mind sure, but turn the wings to little beetle wings and put the arms on its nipples and its pretty close.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

Man, that's some pretty realistic Mortasheen fanart.

http://www.bogleech.com/mortasheen/brekekekex.htm

Well there's some new nightmare fuel, I like it.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Pokemon Uranium is not a very good game.

Maybe.. maybe it's a parody of what misogynists think. :(

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Pokemon Sulphur and Pokemon Brimstone, the protagonist must battle their way out of pokehell. :unsmigghh:

vorebane fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Apr 12, 2017

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

A 10% hit to health every turn seems to me like too much of a drawback, but an extra 30% damage is drat good too. Does the life orb still hurt if you use an item instead? Is it 10% of current health, or max?

I ended up thinking about what I'd want Pokemon Sulfur and Brimstone to be, here's what I got.

The theme would be 'what we believe influences who we are' and the main way it would be expressed in game would be that hell is influenced by what we expect it to be. So most of it would be the fairly recent 'traditional' interpretation of devils with pitchforks, and torture and lava everywhere, with encroaching areas of nigh featureless voids, representing the newer interpretation of hell being the absence of god, which would be where all the ice types live. The driving plot would be searching for the things it used to be, referring to what we understand of what people believed about the afterlife throughout history, in hopes of unravelling what the place actually started out as, ultimately offering the choice of escape, ruling as a monarch of hell, or making the place not such a shithole.

Features I'd want:

Pack battles: animals hunt in packs and so should wild pokemon. A trainer battle without the trainer. Probably always double battles, maybe with wild pokemon getting to attack and swap out in the same turn.

Skirmishes: I think there should be bad dudes who don't care to use pokemon, not sure what mechanics might change though.

Crafting: what civilization might exist in hell is what we build ourselves, so medicine and pokeballs should be limited to what we figure out. How to make getting ingredients not a pointless waste of time is the question.

Types: All the types. I will not rest until there are a billion billion types.

Infernal: Pokemon that have given in to the modern 'pitchforks and devils' view of hell. Almost entirely extra or alternate evolutions. I want there to be a way to de-evolve infernal pokemon, perhaps the only way to get some pokemon. Should have a chance to disobey orders.

Human: This might be a grimdark too far. Humans that have embraced savagery, whether that's running with pokemon as equals and taking on their qualities, or going full not-british empire or what have you, because if we can't consider that maybe we deserve the place then we're not being existential enough. Vampires, werewolves, and frankensteins would have human type, should they show up. Should have good stats but crummy typing. To mitigate the grim dark, human types can only voluntarily join up, not be captured.

Atheist: sick of this belief poo poo. more extra and alternate evolutions, a theme of refusing to feed thoughts of what hell should be. im not sure if they beat psychics and ghosts by not believing in them, or if someone sneaking into their head freaks them out. The good guys! (unless they decide the way to end beliefs is to end them what believe)

Ok hopefully you weren't dumb enough to read all that!

vorebane fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 13, 2017

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Bogart posted:

I stopped reading when that guy said without irony that he wanted crafting in a Pokémon game. Also, Life Orb is a useful item, but putting it in the same field as Mega stones and Z-moves is hyperbole, imo. Definitely not something I would use in campaign because. You know. Game is made for kids.
Quote is not edit. :(

That's fair, I would want it to not be a pain in the rear end though.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

It's not like every mega orb is offering a seperate evolution to every pokemon, though. Charizard has a couple megastones that compete with each other, but otherwise that spread of megastones means if you've got one of each you've got a wide selection, while if you've got one of each kind of life orb, you've got one life orb. Depends on how many life orbs you can get your hands on really.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Scarodactyl posted:

But what if we pushed it in the other direction?

(seriously though I was expecting something more like this from the description).

:gonk:

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

I think it's actually a slightly better design for pokemon by virtue of getting rid of the spiky pokeball, go figure.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

That'd be thematic but still a pain in the rear end for psychic gym leaders at least, hopefully if it made it in, the player is at least warned that the gym leader can see the future.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

The mom plot I want from a pokemon game is: Absolutely nothing out of the ordinary about mom -> mom was actually a bit of a trainer in her youth and sends you hms and such a bit early -> mom is in fact a badass trainer who helps stop the Team Rocket analogue -> MOM WAS THE CHAMPION ALL ALONG :gonk:

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

You're all wrong, every permutation of recruiting or killing characters is correct and good and a faithful playthrough of an excellent game.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

It's nice that there are ways official pokemon can compete with the horror of uranium.

Also, Haifisch I need you to explain your avatar to me.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Minor nuisance #255. One more and it rolls over to none, at least!

Well I appreciate you keeping track of Uranium's problems in a thematic way.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

:vince:

Turns out we need another goon made pokemon game with procedurally generated pokemon.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Nihilarian posted:

I don't see any difference

He moved Dick's right eye closer to his nose, and dragged Theo's entire face up a bit. No idea what could be done about Theo's sideways eye though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

That's an as-yet-undiscovered parasitical pokemon! The Uranium sequel will feature Theo forging a bond with it that slowly drives him mad.

• Locked thread