Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Uranium uses "their" and such for the protagonist's pronouns. It may be accommodating having a gender-neutral option, or it may be not wanting to program three separate versions of lines. I'm not sure how much of each it is.

It wouldn't be too difficult to account for the different genders, you wouldn't really have to write multiple lines pronouns-wise. It would work out like this:

Reserve an "Actor" to be the gender pronoun
When you select the character, have the event also change the Actor's name to that gender's pronoun
When writing dialogue use \N[<Actor'sID>
Be sure to write all dialogue to assume the longest pronoun is used so you wont run into spacing issues

I've spent far too long in RPGmaker, maybe one day I'll actually finish a game :v: Also holy poo poo that overheat thing :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Tyty posted:

on it boss

Someone shoot this to the dev, I wanna see if they flip poo poo that someone did an improvement on their game.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So uh.. hey wasn't Baro going to make another pokemon romhack?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

PureRok posted:

Who names their kid "Davern"? Someone who knows he's going to grow up to live in caves and stuff, thus needing his name to rhyme with Cavern?

I didn't realize his name had an "R" in it, so I thought it was just Daven which, while still an odd name, isn't as silly as daveRn.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So how much game is there left after the post game anyways? I imagine putting what should be inconsequential things after you beat the game, like the ability to plant berries, that there has to be quite the hefty post game.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm catching up in the thread and I just wanna pause and say

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

OH gently caress WE JUST GOT BAZINGA'D

gently caress this romhack

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

:sadfan:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
This fangame's story is loving garbage.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Double Punctuation posted:

Now it's time for Pokémon: Edge Rising. :unsmigghh:

What the gently caress this is actually a thing

quote:

Description:
Experience the dark, horrifying world of the Inferno Region, home to death, darkness, and lots of black and red.
Follow the journey of Fang, a teenage boy who desires revenge, as he uncovers a dark truth in the world and the people around him. Also monologues. A lot of 'em.

Features:
-A deep, well-written plot
-A diverse region
-Extremely complex and thought provoking characters
-25+ Fakemon
-Deep moral choices
-NPCs that say kinda useful stuff sometimes

It sounds a little too on the nose....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Dragonatrix posted:

Just going from the description here but that is absolutely self-aware and being ironically needlessly over-the-top edgey.

I dunno what would be more cringe worthy, someone genuinely trying to be edgey or someone ironically being edgey.

In other words this has to be LP'd

Blarghalt posted:

At least until Pokemon Neptunium. :unsmigghh:

Slightly sad this isn't a hyperdimension neptunia crossover romhack

• Locked thread