Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm not sure I can blame the game for Gamma Urayne and Actan when Ghetsis' Hydreigon exists. It's a rather different situation, sure, but it's still one where your cool new legendary dragon that you're forced to get is totally useless.

Only, you know, Ghetsis is a great adversary and CURIE is so edgy that you could think this was the Reborn thread.
To be fair, you have an entire fight before Ghetsis shows up to use your legendary, and once Ghetsis rolls around, it isn't insta-dead weight for the entire fight. It might be at a disadvantage at some parts, but you aren't phenomenally screwed for trying to use it against anything else that he throws at you

Like, there is a possibility that they wanted to do something similar with Actan and Urayne, but if that was the case, then they hosed it up anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Yep, surprising absolutely no one, the villain was Chekov's Dead Mom.

Urainium, everyone!

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Is FR/LG that bad? I ended up skipping it after giving up on pokemon in the middle of playing Sapphire (and not returning until HGSS), so I know basically nothing about it.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

rotinaj posted:

Is Urayne supposed to be a pun or something? Or is it seriously just a deliberate misspelling of urine?

Urayne-ium. Uranium.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Chekov's Dead Mom

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Dinictus posted:

Oh god holy poo poo how is this even a thing :psyduck:

Pokémon loving Uranium everybody.

The only good idea behind the Actan fight here is that you can kill it without having to capture it, and still use Actan in the final fight (where, of course, it's a liability). But of course, you wouldn't know that going in blind, so yeah, you can waste a master ball! Uranium!

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

"A" Master Ball because you're never given that free one and only get one from a perfect match at the ID lottery.

Oh right, because getting a master ball for free at any point would be too kind for the HARDCORE CHALLENGE that is Uranium.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Why are there Daft Punk pokemon, and why can you get only a single chance to catch only *one* of the two

loving Uranium

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Dabir posted:

An official pokemon game would do the PC mess thing by having you arrive at a new town, use the PC and it's messed up, then when you quit out a Nurse walks up to you and says "yo help us out here" and it turns out there's a level-appropriate Porygon or Rotom or something messing poo poo up in a back room.

Or they wouldn't do it at all because there's a reason every town has a PC free of use!
An official pokemon game would handle it with having an entirely seperate PC that's some sort of new terminal or device .that's messing up, leaving the normal PC/services alone, or like, have it clear that there's something odd going on, and it doesn't throw you into it unwittingly, and it doesn't lock you out of using the PC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Wow! I found a real fricker! I'm so used to finding synthetic frickers that I gave up hope!

This is actually fellow goon Xavier Genisi, who for reasons unknown willingly agreed to help!

Yeah! For some dumb reason, I agreed to help OFS with online trading. Willingly and on purpose. Yeah I don't know why either. Trading in Uranium is one of the jankiest things I've ever worked with.

The trade lobby cannot be exited, trapping you in the trade dimension until the two of you make a trade. The game hitches and loads at nearly step of the process. During the trade, every animation pauses when you reach a new text box, leading to the abject fear that the game is going to crash and something will be lost in the jank aether that is this game's online services. After one of the trades, I got the pokemon, and it evolved. Then when trying to reconnect to trade it back to OFS, it appeared that he was stuck in the trade dimension, leading to a worry that whatever I traded him was lost forever.

I suppose it's impressive that the game implemented this poo poo, but I'd rather they never bothered to begin with.

• Locked thread