Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
A tiny electric mouse headbutting a stone snake, forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

ZeroCount posted:

You see, this sounds silly but then I remember that Protean exists.

I never really saw the appeal of type-changing abilities like Protean. Can someone explain it to me, preferably in small words?

VVV Huh, got it. Still doesn't much appeal to me personally, I make 'rainbow teams' for as many types as I can cover with only 6 pokemon, but I can see why other people would like it.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Feb 23, 2017

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

KataraniSword posted:

I forget if Greninja can learn Earthquake, but if it can then that makes it functionally immune to Electric stuff, too. Aerial Ace protects it from Earthquake, and so on.

Bulbapedia says no, but it learns Spikes by leveling up* and can learn Mud Sport via breeding. Non-damaging moves, but still Ground Type.

*At level 28, when it evolves at 36, and Frogadier can't learn it... What the hell, Game Freak?

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Feb 23, 2017

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

professor_curly posted:

Actually the worst thing about FFT 1.3 was the mod author's OC do not steal boss with 999 hp that only ever took a maximum of 1 damage from any attack, and could instantly turn your characters into crystals. Someone figured out that if you positioned yourself very specifically you could get him to walk back and forth onto spike traps which dealt percentage damage, circumventing all his bullshit shields.

The modder promptly threw a fit and patched battlefield traps so they did not affect his super dude.

So the FFT 1.3 guy was the kind of rear end in a top hat who looked at all the bullshit surrounding Absolute Virtue in FFXI and thought Square-Enix had the right idea.
I hate him already, jesus loving christ

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

senrath posted:

But no, as far as I can tell no one actually did it the intended way.

Because the Dev team never loving told anyone what the intended way was, and the way they incredibly vaguely hinted at in a video was patched out not long after said video was released :shepicide:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Patrick Spens posted:

Like seriously? He patched an exploit. What a monster!
I don't think you quite *get* the problem with 'dude only takes 1 damage from anything forever and can insta-crystallize your dudes'

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The original Kamen Rider was grasshopper themed, yes.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

You misspelled Butterfree, aka your only hope of beating Brock if you went with Charmander.

Then again if you don't go with the water starter in every game you deserve all the pain you get.

You mean 'easy mode'? :colbert: I beat Red and Blue with the fire starter, without Butterfree. Never not start with fire.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Your code sucks anyway :colbert:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Tactless Ogre posted:

Because in nature, it's very rare for certain animals to be seen in the wild and as such, art imitates life. What I can't stand are one percent encounter rates for trash mons.

Because Pokemon is one of those games where even trash mons can get you through the story :v: You really only need to give a poo poo about min-maxing for post-game stuff or if you're one of those weirdos who takes PvP against other pokemon players :reject: very seriously :reject:

And some of the trash mons plain look better than the 'best' ones.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

That's what I did in X/Y. I got my hands on a Manaphy, then stuck it in the Breeders with a Ditto and made a Phione-factory for wonder trading. Everyone gets a Phione! :buddy:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

You say that like Pokemon wouldn't be improved by the addition of a cybernetic dragon :colbert:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Lazy is easier to say and faster to type :effort:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

That only fulfills the 'dragon' half of the equation, unless Dialga has blinking LEDs under that dome.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

A backhoe dragon!????!??!?!?!?
I will accept this as a Cybernetic Dragon.

Classy Hydra posted:

I think Digimon did it a bit better, tbh.
Breakdramon is better, though.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Vorpal Cat posted:

Why the gently caress does a god drat backhoe have 100 base speed, and speed boost. Your telling me a piece of construction equipment is as fast as zaptos on turn one and gets 50% faster every turn. Did they stick nitros on it or something?
Hey, it works for tractors :v:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Did OFS ever show us Tracton/Crane Beast's pokedex entry?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Shouldn't have made the Beastballs look like awesome wireframe pokeballs, then.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Between the glow and the visible push downwards I'm hearing the Wave Motion Gun in my head.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

BioEnchanted posted:

I was so stoked that I could start with a Hagurumon in Cyber Sleuth. Never even looked the other options over, they've had their turns being main characters. Palmon and Terriermon have had their turn being the hero, it's the dumb gear's turn, and Clockmon was awesome... amazing... stupendous! well he was cool I guess..

(That was a joke about Clockmon's speech patterns in series 3 BTW)

Hagurumon is on the digivolution path to being a goddamn cyborg dragon powered by pure evil, what's not to love?

Also a Kamen Rider, but eh :v:

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Mar 18, 2017

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

That is a wonderful fish :3:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Not every setting needs to be grimdark gritty. Pokemon does not need grimdark gritty.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I do not believe a goddamn word of any of that multiverse poo poo and am firmly convinced y'all are talking out your asses.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Jayme posted:

Attack of the Killer Beedrills!
The Deadly Scyther!
Alola vs the Araquanid!
Empire of the Durant!

Manaphy, the 'Mons of Fate! :wooper:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

or we could just remove the cancer that is spikes instead of making a cancer of every type

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I thought becoming the Hokage was a joke :psyduck: what the gently caress

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Put the poffins in the loving bag and no one gets hurt!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Antitonic posted:

Fur... so... na...

I would play the poo poo out of a Persona/Pokemon mash up, if only for the :stare::hf::wtc: moments that would surely abound.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

nah I just want to know which pokemon represented my true self

it better be alolan meowth

I'm fully aware mine would be Wimpod :v:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Demikids never happened. It does not exist. It never existed. We will not speak of it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

EVERY
SINGLE
DAY.
The most important part. Also not using the AC or heater.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

It is pretty oddish, even for a pokemon derail.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

alcharagia posted:

I haven't seen any FUCKIN Oppenheimer yet!!
___________________/

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Goddammit you're supposed to have your baptism by blood from Matador, to learn all that is good and evil from a spoopy skeleton who will kill you.

Dai! SOU!! JOU!!!

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 01:58 on May 27, 2017

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

No 'it's Showtime!' references when explaining any of the Bigs, for shame. You even had the titlular Big O. :colbert:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

gen 3 had the villains remarkably determined to kill themselves and everyone around them as well but that wasn't intentional on their part. they were just idiots
Team Aqua even more so than the other one. Humans are not amphibious, you dumbfuck.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The thing about Uranium, and a lesson a lot of game devs need to learn, is that just because you worked very hard on something does not mean that what you worked on is actually good.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I wonder if this new missive from them has anything to do with Nintendo announcing Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon this past Tuesday.

Yes, that's seriously the names. Apparently they'll have a new story, ala B/W2

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

And the game is, in turn, the villain victimizing the player. How many layers deep does it go???? :tinfoil:

The devs certainly like to think of themselves as villains victimizing Nintendo :v: though Nintendo could not possibly care less about them if they tried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Schubalts posted:

Or in the case of DDS, you straight up eat 99% of the guys you fight.

The one, single boss fight you don't eat after beating them ends up being eaten by someone else anyway after you spare her and leave the area :v:

• Locked thread