Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

ohmygorgon posted:

Like, just take the extra step and make it an RPG Maker game inspired by Pokemon.

That's... literally what this is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

GeminiSun posted:

I want it noted for the record that I have been trying to figure out how to manage a Chainite redesign since this post was made, and I want that month of brain time back. I hate Chainite so much, the design is like a goddamn blackberry bramble - it's too many loving concepts in one thing but just try pruning it into anything that looks respectable. Goddamn. I hate.

BUT HERE THE gently caress IT IS

I almost completely ditched the idea from the dex entry of its restraints being reinforced. Too external and too :emo:. And I wanted to cut the design element of the ball being on the ground and dragged behind. That left me with "resembles Linkite", "ghost emerging from torn doll", "has chains on it somewhere", and "angrier".

I think I did all right, taking some design and concept cues from a few other ghost Pokemon. And I made one last game effort at integrating the Pokeball into the design in a not-lovely way by turning it into Chainite's eye.

The drat thing still feels kind of overdesigned to me, but it's better than the shitshow I started with.

I would have gone with a faux-angry ghost thing attached to a chain, but the actual ghost is a cute little Linkite-ish thing barely peeking out of the ball itself, feeling safe in its little home and using the faux-ghost as a reverse anglerfish lure.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Beldantazar posted:

The small group that I do streaming with basically made our own site that puts a completely separate chat (we use chatango) next to the embedded streams. It works out nicely both in allowing us to use different streaming services with a uniform chat, and in allowing us to share moderation duties around.

Any chance you can talk a little more about doing this? I've had some times that would come in very handy, and I don't even know where to start.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Thanks.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

This is all cool and stuff, and fun to read, but I'm wondering; hasn't it been a while since the last update? It feels like it's been weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

So Boss Borot?

• Locked thread