Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

One thing I have to give Uranium is that its radial-looking menus are pretty slick all things considered.

Slick looking maybe, but it somehow manages to be the only Pokémon game (at least that I can think of) that doesn't show all your moves at once, which is just inconvenient.

I feel like Tie's Uranium stream just scratched the surface in terms of bizarre design decisions this game has, so I'm incredibly interested in finding out what else is in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Dr. Dos posted:

Also while I think they should've matched the highlights for natures with the actual games, I am still very annoyed with the games making red good instead of bad.

It's a Japan thing. A red circle is a common symbol for correct and a blue cross is a common symbol for incorrect.

The thing that bothers me is that the red they use in most games is impossible to differentiate from the regular 'black' text due to my colorblindness. I'd be fine with the choices otherwise.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Kay Kessler posted:

I never saw his stream, but I remember Tie complaining on twitter about an ice puzzle that was literally impossible. Did they fix that, or is that in another area?

I have no idea if they fixed it, but it's the puzzle right here:

See that small patch of snow in the bottom right there? That patch has an item on it, which is -- or was -- completely impossible to reach.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

But about six hours from the last second, Cameron appears!?!?!?

So apparently the rain effect is always broken and only halfway on screen here. Good job, devs.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

That mismatches with what I remember for the Cinnabar layout. I'm pretty sure the shore tiles have two shores tiles on the left half, two water tiles on the right half, and the 'shore towards land on the left' tile accidentally happens to have a Grass encounter type instead of a Water encounter type. Since the Route it's on has no Grass encounters, it doesn't overwrite the Grass encounter table, but still triggers Grass encounters on the shore tiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Okay, according to this we're both half right. The big tile is two shore left and two water right, the game uses the bottom right subtile to determine if an encounter should happen (water: yes) but the tile the trainer is on to determine the encounter type. The shore tile does not count as water, so it loads a 'regular' encounter, which is not defined on Route 20. Japanese RBY does indeed use the bottom left tile to determine if an encounter should happen instead, for some reason, so the glitch doesn't happen there.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 7, 2017

• Locked thread