Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Nebrilos posted:

TMs are usually depicted as CDs. I don't think they are supposed to be eaten.

Uh, no, you stuff the cd in their mouth/goo/whatever you can find. Then it uploads to the poke mainframe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I dont know why they didnt do a steeleon or something to show off steel typing

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
if every type had stealth rocks and a hazard removal move that were all identical save for type, it'd kinda make types pointless. Maybe if 'Field Janitor' were an effectively typeless move that everyone could learn, but you can only remove hazard types the pokemon is effective against, itd be interesting. IE: Icicle spike hazard that gets melted if a fire type type cleans the field. Or brambles that get blown away by gusts ;)

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
i dunno whu but whenever that garlic dude comes up I cant help but think of that wierd leek guy from the super hosed up anime thing Gantz

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

HardDiskD posted:

romero is still alive and he is currently doing a thing with carmack's brother IIRC

i have a small niggling feeling that that was a joke

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
The only reason I thought that was the second jokey line.

Im not surprised he left public light after daikatana though lol

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
is that the outrageously stupid pokemon that was talked ab out near the beginning? Or am i misremembering?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Superfly is a really cute design imo :shobon:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
While the whimsicott mega doesnt make sense, it is rather cute :shobon:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Sunfish are like 50% cartilage, though apparently they are delicacies in south/east asia

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Omnicrom posted:

Indeed, if that perspective is real Lt. Surge is like seven feet tall.

uh if ash is 4'10", then surge is almost 10 feet :psyduck:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Zephy is also the creator's fursona!

If the final dex entry is just a dumb side note ofs is gonna feel reaaaalllll dumb saving it for last

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
For one more example from the neural network lady, she got it do knock knock jokes, and it ended up producing

Knock Knock
Who’s There?
Alec
Alec who?
Alec- Knock Knock jokes.

over and over by the end of the training :stare:

(Alec sounds like 'I Like' when you say it like 'Ah-lec')

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Ariong posted:

I don't think it was over and over, or even at the end. I'm pretty sure she just put it at the end of the post because it was the most impressive. Still, the odds of it producing an original, functional knock-knock joke must be staggering.

she said it did it over and over in the post, and it makes sense that it would be near the end of her time working with this given its 'completeness'

• Locked thread