Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
RE: Fairies beat Dragons: the theory I have is that Fairy type also represents old fairy tales, and guess what happens to dragons in those? Alternately, they showed up starting with poke-France, where noted Dragonslayer Lancelot came from, and he was said to have been raised by fairies, though that's a theory I saw once and thought was kind of neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I think the tidle is supposed to indicate a musical or teasing lit to the sentence. Like the fist line would probably come out sounding similar to "I like it". But, well, what we've seen of the character before that doesn't have anything that supports a tick like that. Its more for flirty or very casual characters, not really something I conflate with a former champion who couldn't handle the fame who was just dealing with a creepazoid stalker.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
For those of you theorycrafting about Tracton vs. Skarmory and Heatran and the like, consider that the Uranium dex is limited. It has only some of the official 'mons, and the pokes you're talking about may not even be in. Now there are probably worse things out there, but not all standard competitive mons are in there.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Oh, hey, did you think that there being 5 referenced legendaries not in the game was stupid enough? That's just the tip of the iceberg, as one of the legendary trios here is in the game... with only two members.

gently caress this stupid poo poo.

Also, they really don't get what the starters represent. How many kids got through R/B with just their super overlevelled starter? I know I certainly did. Hell, up until B/W every game I played my team was just my starter, a couple HM slaves and the box legendary for kicks. And I still got through them all an anemic two stage starter who relies on mega evolving (you know, that thing added so older mons could be more relevant without completely changing them?) is absurd, even if they end up as strong as third stages anyways.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Well, that explains why fire Gazzelle is so powerful. When I looked it up on the wiki the power looked like it just gave +1 priority to priority moves, not a ridiculous power boost.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I do like that the mega evolution of Electrode is straight up a Great Ball, who's ability is a boost to recoil moves (namely Self-Destruct and Explosion). Sure, lets use your once per battle mega-evolution to do a suicide attack, that's smart.

That said the region Pika-clone isn't that horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I've been waiting for OFS to show off the Seikamater evolution, if only to point out how passive aggressive the Uranium wiki is about it. "...making it the only Legendary obtainable by evolution at the time of its creation." That just tells me that someone was really, really pissed about SuMo 'stealing their original idea'.

• Locked thread