Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krisslanza
May 6, 2011

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

No, I am being sarcastic. This isn't Major\Minor. I edited to make it clearer.

:haw:

rannum posted:

ORAS kind of did this with Sea Mauville and it worked better, though that also had the upshot of everyone writing those notes not being dead. Presumably.

The Pokemon Mansion did it well enough in the original generations.
I think the issue with Uranium is it just tries too hard to be all dark and edgy. So its attempts to do it just feel more like, "Hey! Remember! We're edgy and dark! Please love us!"

PMush Perfect posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX2hOoaLb4Y

(Someone in the video comments mentioned that Ghetsis' team seems like it's almost tailor-made to take out N's. That's got some... distressing implications (that are entirely in line with what we know of him).)

Never did actually play that one enough to get that far. The last Pokemon game I actually finished was Black or White 1... Cynthia was the first Champion I fought where I didn't just OHKO her entire team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

Gender=Mixed gender
:psyduck:
What does the gender of the trainer data even mean?

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

idk I don't disagree that Clover is bad but it's kinda annoying to keep seeing "oh god, this is so terrible." it's lovely 4chan humor. What did you expect? They aimed to be offensive.

At least, I'd assume, unlike Reborn or Uranium, Clover is self-aware its full of offensive/silly/random stuff. Reborn or Uranium both seem to take themselves seriously.

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

fan games aren't required to play by the same rules as official games but they do still carry those same expectations with them when they have the same name, mechanics, and characters. it's like if you were playing metro or fallout and then suddenly a pikachu mauled you to death. it just feels weird

There's probably a mod for that, to be honest.

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

get that OUT of my face posted:

No excuses, CirclMaster is still doing his FFIV 100% run while also doing Four Job Fiesta.

Yeah but CirclMaster is also a crazy individual with focus and dedication.
Or insanity. That might be more accurate for that one FF7 thing he did.

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

We won't because there is no Elite Four.

As for what there is? You'll see...

A giant chamber full of radioactivity that murders us?
The Elite Half Lives?

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Do you see what I see here? :thunk:

I noticed that too :thunk:

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

CascadeBeta posted:

I mean the devs did lie about SuMo's sales numbers. Maybe jealousy is the wrong word, though.

Nah that was just a guy making a 'review' video, or something, and just didn't bother to research/fact check before he said something on a video and stuck it on the internet.

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

I've entertained the idea of a Shadow Dragon LP, one like Tenacrane's that embraces the janky death march elements.

Shadow Dragon is terrible because it encourages you to kill characters. What kind of monster plays FE without everyone surviving? :colbert:

krisslanza
May 6, 2011
The fact they said "~ = Uguu" annoys me. A 'tilde' in the sense of a word shouldn't be a word replacement. If you want her to say "Uguu~" just have her say Uguu~. A tilde is meant to indicate, usually, some kind of inflection or sort. It's a modifier of the way you say something, not a substitute for a word! ARGH! :psyduck:

That aside, this League idea isn't... bad, actually.

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

SSNeoman posted:

I always thought tildes were used as a way to convey a flirty or a sing-song sort of tone.

Like I said, a tilde is a modifier for a word. It's either an elognator, or to indicate a sort of flirty/sing-song tone. It is, in no stretch of reason, meant to be a replacement for a word.
That's like saying that they can say that "! actually means ALERT whenever you see it!" or something stupid. It's not a word replacement/substitute, it's a freakin' modifier, ARGH!
For all the bad game design, the horrible abuse to language from that single dev comment has annoyed me far more. It wasn't like that particular text box didn't have room to just type out "uguu~".

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

Zomborgon posted:

Interestingly, that gives Ash an unfair advantage to some degree. I'd guess that most independent trainers wouldn't have the space in their home for more than two or three pokemon in residence, so they wouldn't be able to keep as much of a type and move variety ready.

Not that anyone really uses type advantage properly in the show with any consistency, so it's no big deal.

Then again, perhaps the Daycare acts as the storage for non-sponsored trainers.

I figured since it seems implied trainers go to one of these Pokemon Professors that every trainer has some kind of Professor with vast land grants for Pokemon.
But this kind of stuff never really gets touched on much in the anime or anything, since no one seems to catch Pokemon nearly as much as you do in the games...

krisslanza
May 6, 2011
So they patched the game and didn't consider fixing the whole, like, crashing the game on Nuzlocke if you (easily) lose the very first fight if you pick the Grass starter?

krisslanza
May 6, 2011
Uranium just makes me wish I knew how I could try to pry open TPDP and see if I can check the EVs/IVs on some of the Puppet Masters in there.
I mean, it'd be nothing as absurd as this, but it makes me curious...

krisslanza
May 6, 2011
Top Boy is the toppest, without a doubt.

"Imma just take a nap, tell me when you finish trying to squeeze my plushie to death, kay?"

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

the Orb of Zot posted:

Literally why would you do this with a villain that literally just quoted Oppenheimer and was about to blow the entire region to pieces.

Why.

I mean that isn't unusual for a game to do but... we've seen CURIE all of, what, two times? Maybe three?
And their dialogue hasn't really amounted to much.

If you want to try and redeem a villain, you usually have to sprinkle a bit more throughout the game about them. Or you know, make them actually exist for more then 5% of the game :v:

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

cirus posted:

My cousin's friend's uncle works at Nintendo and he said you only get one chance at them! Also if you use Strength on the truck you can get Mew!

Please everyone knows its just a Lava Cookie you fool!

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

quote:

But... Urayne is a man-made Pokemon, as this completely-shocking plot revelation just told us. How would a naturally occurring Pokemon, even have the vaguest idea that another "legendary" Pokemon was suddenly created into existence and be able to tell!?

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

theGrooseofLegend posted:

"Oh but her mind broke because of the thingy, so wasn't REALLY her fault"
fuckyoufuckyouFUCKYOUFUCKY-

I mean to be fair, it isn't like she tried to kill anyone we care about.

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

"A" Master Ball because you're never given that free one and only get one from a perfect match at the ID lottery.

Oh god that's right, Uranium doesn't even give you a free Master Ball. No Watering Can until Postgame, and not even a Welfare Master Ball!

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

That's called Phantasy Star Online 2.

Coming Soon to the West! :v:
:suicide:

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

Rainuwastaken posted:

When people say, "I caught a legendary", there's an implied "pokemon" after that nobody says because of course its a legendary pokemon, all you catch in these games are pokemon.

Its the same thing as getting "an epic" in an MMO, or "a rare" when you open a pack of Magic cards.

Mmm, that feeling of peeling open a booster pack and finding the shiny, holo card within...

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

Blarghalt posted:

And so our adventure comes to a close.

At least until Pokemon Neptunium. :unsmigghh:

This hurts me, because it makes me think of Neptunia, which doesn't deserve being associated with bad ROM hacks :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krisslanza
May 6, 2011
I've never clicked :five: until this day. This is ending is something we could've never seen coming.

• Locked thread