Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I love you for this and also I am very sorry you have to go through this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

You can plant berries in soil like this, consuming the berry but letting it grow into a new tree that gives more than one in return. But without a watering can there isn't much return for these. Where do we get a watering can?

In the post-game, after the final boss.

Welcome to Uranium.

Wow, that's really stupid. :psyduck:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

VagueRant posted:

This all seems incredibly inoffensive so far? Like it's basically just a Pokemon game. But because it's a fangame it's got a few wonky bits (like the tree placement), ugly sprites and it goes for some cheap meme jokes (like virtually every other fangame)?

What standard are we holding this to? Because Red/Blue is apparently super broken if you know how to break it and my memories of Ruby/Sapphire are no worse than what you've shown us of this. Even the weird little watering can thing doesn't seem worse than the entire concept of "tipping" in X/Y.

EDIT: Apparently berries are a lot more important than I ever knew, I guess? I always ignored them.

The main issue with this hack are the bad design choices. Everything else is either kinda subjective or a lack of polish that fangames/ROM hacks are just probably not going to have. If the game played fine, I think it wouldn't be all too terrible, though it still would be too tryhard edgy. Unfortunately, it has all of the above, so blech.

The bad design decisions do not stop with the watering can (I didn't even realize that) and some of them get pretty indefensible later so look forward to them

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Feb 16, 2017

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

I'm actually a little disappointed that the arbitrary roadblocks peaked at the inexplicable dancers. The ones I've seen so far in Sun/Moon are "eh" compared to ones we've seen and I don't remember X/Y's at all.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

By the way, Headbutt has its HG/SS functionality programmed in i.e. shaking wild Pokemon out of trees.

No trees are actually programmed to do this, though.

Wait......what? It's right there in the menu. Is that just part of the package and they didn't do anything with it :psyduck:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Ace of Aces posted:

What spinoff was this?

The Metroid Prime trilogy, made by Retro Studios.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Oh my, Blants has a perfect special attack IV and a nature that ups it even more.

Oh, did they actually change that?

In the actual games, since HG/SS, the stat that a nature increased was highlighted in red and the stat that it decreased was blue.

Originally, in Uranium, it was the other way around. And I think there were reports that it wasn't a bug.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 2, 2017

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Garlikid is my precious garlic boy and I will hear no slander against him

EDIT: The fakemon, I mean. The character is ehhhhhhhhh

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 8, 2017

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Except as part of the RPGMaker engine losing causes you to go back to your last save but anyway

Also I'm 99% sure you can change this with scripting so I don't know why it's not part of the Pokemon Essentials package.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

all hail the backhoe, god of destruction

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

It feels like some of you people are acting like "playing an optional minigame sidequest a long time to get a really good thing" has never been done before in an RPG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Mister Olympus posted:

There's about an equivalent level of confusing distant dickbaggery as AO here in that secret event. The implication is that you order your Arceus to create an entire alternate universe--potentially ours--for the sake of giving you a baby legendary.

look, i caught him, i got the badges, he'll do what i loving want :colbert:

• Locked thread