Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I find it amazing how even the most detailed and feature-complete Pokemon fangame still manages to miss the mark so horribly.

Looking forward to this. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

The funniest thing about this is that the blog's avatar is an Incineroar :eng99:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I had a read through of the Pokemon Sage pokedex, and I can't find a single one that would feel out of place in a real Pokemon game. Sure, there is some overlap, but for a project to create a new dex from the ground up there's bound to be some rehashed concepts.

Sorta puts how bad Uranium is into perspective, really.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Aesclepia posted:

This thing is adorable and I love it. Little ghost/flask thing? Hell yeah! I'd name mine Marie Curie.

Its evolution method is really neat too. Its second stage has two forms depending on whether it evolves holding a burn heal or an ice heal. The former learns Ice moves, the latter learns Fire moves. You evolve it again by leveling it up while it's holding the opposite of its previous evolution item, at which point it becomes a hulking alchemical monstrosity. :black101:

Noxial:

Fumighast:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I love Nobunata's concept. It's a piņata pokemon with Aftermath as its ability. It explodes into candy when it faints :stonklol:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

TravelLog posted:

Not only that, Nobunata has an original move called Fiesta that sets an entry "hazard". That hazard?

Candy! Whenever a friendly pokemon switches in, they heal from eating the candy.

:allears:

Sadly Sage is only in its demo stages at the moment. It's part of why a lot of the art for the Pokemon seems unfinished.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Here's hoping Nintendo doesn't nuke it the moment the full version is released.

Heh, nuke.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Endorph posted:

my only complaint is that it's named nobunata and not nobunada

But that would ruin the naming pun? Nobunaga + pinata.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

LupusAter posted:

As a chemist, I feel that this is a perfect representation of when a reaction goes awry and you try to fix it but only make a bigger mess.

It's even Poison/Ghost, it's a literal thing that goes FOOF in the night! :byoscience:

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Mar 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Now try it with a Scolipede :unsmigghh:

• Locked thread