Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Explosions posted:

This looks... endearing? I guess I can understand all the hostility if they led people to expect "Pokemon, but we did it RIGHT not like those LOSERS at NinLAMEno," and instead put out Kaizomon, but as xtreme fanhacks go this one looks honestly kind of adorable.

If I remember, the creator didn't but a ton of people did after the DMCA. I saw a lot of people complaining Sun/Moon were too easy and that nintendo has no idea how to make games and it should be more like uranium

The game with a scarfed contrary overheat special sweeper in the main game.

For me it's that 5 years of effort went into it with nearly 0 of that being playtesting for balance apparently. I didn't play very far into Uranium but I have a lot I could say about the early game, especially since it's such an important part of any pokemon. It's the time before party balance can be blown wide open and you need to be careful with the wild encounters and enemy parties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

insanityv2 posted:

For the record I have some experience messing around with Uranium and I've never really found the creature designs and spritework to be objectionable at all. I totally get where all you guys saying you found what you saw so far charming. The plot is something else though.

Some of the designs are a bit funky but I'm fine with most of them. I really liked the fire-type starter, and they're all fine, they just feel like.. I dunno, they're missing a first evo or something? You'd get something smaller and cuter as a starter.

The spritework is definitely better than a lot of fangames and romhacks out there though.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

The thing that bugs me the most about Birbie's design is mostly the eye really.

Looks a lot better, and if you make the white of the eye a bright blue color (like Pikipek) you can keep the theme of having a big face on the front to ward of predators.

Pokemon has a lot of very well defined stylistic stuff to it, particularly in eyes/claws/etc. The most jarring thing to me usually is how fan designs tend to not follow this very well. Spritework dithering or poorly-defined shapes be damned.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I think you should workshop it some more.

on it boss

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

FPzero posted:

:popeye:

I knew there was a reason I wanted you for Awful Emblem.

You mean besides cronyism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

About early evolved Pokemon in the main series, the only one I ever remember getting "explained" is Falkner's Pidgeotto.

It's not directly mentioned, but there's wild Pidgeotto in both GSC and HGSS in Kanto that are below the level Pidgey evolves at. They're at a low enough encounter rate some people might not bump into them.

I don't think there's any wild level 50 Dragonite though.

• Locked thread