Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I know nothing about this and I already hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

Just wanted to say that I also appreciated this bit, OFS.

theshim
May 1, 2012

KataraniSword posted:

At the same time, those roadblocks were thematically consistent - actual gates that, in-universe, you have to reach a certain level of progress to pass. Better yet, the people in charge of them told you what you needed to do to get past them.

We didn't have things like this, nor did we have eternally broken bridges that would be fixed "SoonTM", with soon being "as soon as you've beaten the game".

I was actually going to post that :argh:

theshim
May 1, 2012

Zore posted:

Honestly I don't get the appeal for going wherever or doing gyms in any order. I'd rather a more tightly curated experience because level scaling has historically been incredibly awful and the games I can think of that tried the 'Do it in whatever order!' tend to suffer a lot for it because everything has to be so generic and can't assume or tie into anything else in case you haven't done it.

Just do not see the appeal.
On the other hand, Alpha Protocol. :v:

theshim
May 1, 2012

KataraniSword posted:

Pretty sure the FFT 1.3 guy spent most of his time calling the entire forum "filthy casuals" who were playing his masterpiece wrong or something of the sort, too. Regardless, he wasn't around long.
IIRC he came back later and was actually not a dick? It's been a while.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Uuuuuunfortunately we're reaching the point where I slather on thick layers of bullshit
:getin:

theshim
May 1, 2012

Endorph posted:

to be fair, clover is going for intentionally stupid/bad/offensive designs. uranium is actually sincere.
for a second I thought this was the vlr thread

carry on

theshim
May 1, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

But before that, poo poo's about to get seriously hosed.
Not sure if I should be excited or terrified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

Delicious buttery armor :yum:

• Locked thread