Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Spatula City posted:

Certain Pokemon are hunted to near extinction based on unfounded rumors about how their horns increase fertility
the protagonist's father is not present because they left for another woman, and you meet him and his new family later. He does not admit any fault or apologize.

That is almost Stantler's pokedex entry verbatim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

RONCH: Now with Vitamin R

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I notice that Uranium's pokemon tend to get more boring as they evolve.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

LAY-ZX posted:

There's Exploud line, Noivern line, Chatot, Meloetta...and that's about it. You could make an argument for Vibrava/Flygon as well but that line has enough typing issues as-is.

Zore posted:

Kricketune line, Jigglypuff line, Seismetoad line, Lapras, Chimeco line, Gigalith line, Crobat line...

Seriously?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Herr Tog posted:

it is not sea diglett until we know it evolves into just three of itself.

Tritanice

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I must admit that I kind of like the Key Wizard Staff. Usually key stones are embedded in accessories that belie the true power of the gem inside, like an earring or a bracelet. While that's cool in its own way, there's something satisfying about seeing one put in a place where there's no mistaking it for anything other than a god drat magic jewel. Unfortunately it seems that the creators of Pokemon Uranium didn't share my enthusiasm for it, considering that they forgot to take the placeholder for it out of the script:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

magikid posted:

Do so many people do all that nonsense that everyone has to just to keep up? Obviously dorks are gonna dork, but you'd think you would just take your loss and go back to fighting more normal people who don't spend eight hours a day soft-resetting for IVs for whatever.

Yeah sure. You don't have to do any of that stuff. Provided, of course, that you don't want to be the very best.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Sounds like a lack of creativity imo.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

The evolved form of the gunslinger pistol shrimp should look more cowboyish, not less. :mad:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

I kinda like that Mega Arbok.

Me too actually. The medusa thing makes sense for it, and the sprite doesn't look half bad, and it's a pokemon that could actually use a mega evolution to make it usable. Mega Whimsicott is dumb though. Cottonball > Cherry blossom tree makes no sense, and why do its legs get shorter and pointier?

EDIT: It is a little busy, but not really any more so than, say, Mega Steelix or Mega Sharpedo.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 29, 2017

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

That's the main reason I think ghe medusa theme fits so well. The mega evolution literally takes the face from scary to petrifying.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Scarodactyl posted:

Looking at Hazma again, he is great as-is and all, but what if....

I thought Hazma didn't have an evolution.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Wait, I just realized something. Is there a Nuclear Gyarados, but not a Nuclear Magikarp?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I'm curious what Mega Nuclear Arbok's front sprite looks like. I hope we get to see it, but if we're never going to, could you dig it out of the game files like you did for the nuclear shiny sprites?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Hazma is perfect as is, why change it?

Finally, a character we can all get behind.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

GeminiSun posted:

Was... was Poison not already super-effective against Nuclear? :psyduck: Am I misremembering? I thought the whole Nuclear gimmick was "strong against everything, weak to everything".

Poison, for reasons unfathomable, was the only type that was not super effective against Nuclear.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

No, Mawuh's mega evolution is Agumon holding two guns.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Did we catch Urayne yet? It says a lot that I can't remember.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

How strange that they took a pokemon that is part of a duo and a pokemon that is one of a legendary trio and made them into a single pokemon with no counterpart.

EDIT:
HALF A DOLLAR
WHAT A DEAL
MAKES YOUR SKIN
SMOOTH AS SPHEAL
BURMA-SHAVE

EDIT 2:
THE SHAVING BRUSH
HAS GONE THE WAY
OF DERMAFROST
SO SWITCH TODAY
BURMA-SHAVE

Ariong fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 19, 2017

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

not to be rude but his fursona is ugly

This creature is a reflection of myself. It is the idealized version of my physical form. When I see this vision, this idea of what life could be like, I am complete. It has wings growing out of its rear end and it is wearing clown makeup.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I don't think it was over and over, or even at the end. I'm pretty sure she just put it at the end of the post because it was the most impressive. Still, the odds of it producing an original, functional knock-knock joke must be staggering.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

she said it did it over and over in the post, and it makes sense that it would be near the end of her time working with this given its 'completeness'

Well that's even crazier then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Man, Plusle and Minun have awful shiny versions. Shiny Plusle is almost indisingushable from regular Plusle. I was thinking maybe they would swap colors or something, but no. Instead of being blue and red, they are slightly different blue and also red.

• Locked thread