Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

krisslanza posted:

I'm sure the mom will be revealed to be alive, but turned into some kind of horrific radioactive mutant Pokemon. That you will capture in a Pokeball and use to engage in battle, naturally.

Unit-01! I choose you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I just looked up the pokedex online, I have more questions than answers.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

What are you talking about? That Charizard is mine goddamn it, No takesies backsies.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Fire Red gave charmander iron claw to beat brock, but they got rid of it in Gen 4.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

I love garbage Wonder Trade nicknames. I got BIG BUTT the Growlithe and Fart-Turtle the Torkoal on WT today and I love them both without reservation

I was breeding up an adamant honedge back in X/Y, and tossed all the rejects onto Wonder Trade named after Gilgamesh's knock off swords.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The SuMo players motivation is straight up "I'm Gonna Be The Very Best" but one of the villains motivation is basically "you're a dumb kid and I'm going to prove it to you by interfering in your quest" and the other villain's motivation is "BWAHAHA I AM LUDICROUSLY EVIL I SHALL TORMENT THE SECONDARY FEMALE LEAD FOR MY MALEVOLENT PURPOSES!" so you just kind of blithely wander over to where they're vamping and murder them with this vapid expression on your face that makes me laugh every single goddamn time.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Zore posted:

Also Vanilluxe, Klinklang...

Hell even Wishiwashi

Metang has two beldum's for arms. Metagross is two Metangs fused together. and Mega Metagross is two Metagross stacked on top of each-other.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Yay, we're rapidly approaching the point where one of my least favorite design decisions of Uranium comes into play.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Bydoless posted:

What's with the pixellation on Ludicolo? Is it a scaling issue?

The backsprite for Ludicolo they're using is this big

Terlard is this big

Of course they didn't keep the resolutions the same for their fakemon.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

FoolyCharged posted:

I like how in the discussion of the most digimon pokemon, genesect hasn't come up once.

Genesect is basically cheating when it comes to that contest.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

There are a bunch of types that lack good physical and/or special moves, or are severely lacking in moves that don't have a miss rate that will gently caress you over when you least expect it

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

To be fair, that's been an issue with almost all the really good triple evolution dragons. By the time it finally hits its final evolution and you get your 600 stat monster you're done, or nearly done, with the main game as a whole.

At least until SuMo came along and you can acquire a lvl 9-12 Salamence on the very first island with some effort. :shepface:

Yeah but Jangmo-o is in the last patch of grass before the last trial in the game.

Which is why i bred-up about 40 of them and wonder traded them away, go have fun little jimmy.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

...So you wonder traded them a bunch of lvl 1 stage 1(out of 3) dragons that don't evolve until 35/45. Congrats? As opposed to a goddamn fully evolved dragon that is just randomly available on the first island through S.O.S. battles at levels far below where it normally evolves at. I'm not talking about catching and using Bagon here (though that's obviously an option too; and Goomy on island 2), I'm talking about you can literally catch Salamence at those levels.

Stage 1 dragons are not very good, even with the neat typing on that one.

Uhh, The point was to trade it out to little kids just starting the game who wanted to have the awesome dragon (because of the tautological reason that it is, in fact, a dragon) at their own pace rather than have to grind a 5% chance in a field of grass, also badge mechanics still exist and would make level 45 jangmo-o's a fairly hefty annoyance. Also most of SuMo's stage 1 mons are pretty lovely.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's a real name and the pokemon it's attached to is equally as dumb for various reasons

I just checked it on the wiki and Jesus Christ what was the guy who made this game thinking.

And that's just the sprite. Everything else is also bad.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

StupendousMan posted:

This game is its own competitive scene. There are a ton of Pokemon you have to plan for (and you'd better have at least 5 of them on your own team by the end of the game.)

Yeah, just quoting the OP again.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

The pokemon in that screenshot will do nothing but use Overheat until it runs out of PP or dies, and Overheat is a 140-power move so it hurts like the dickens. It has the ability Contrary meaning, rather than the normal cut to its special attack Overheat as a drawback, its already formidable 181 special attack is increased by 181 more each use, which is such a drastic increase that almost nothing can survive after one, much less two or three boosts. It has 249 speed due to the choice scarf, putting it ahead of nearly everything else without its own choice scarf at level 70. If you do not pack specific answers and deploy them at the exact right time, this thing will crush you.

It's not even the most broken thing on the guy's team.

The game is designed to be played by people who would minmax for the competitive scene. Though there's still some design decisions that make absolutely no sense.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

We haven't even really gotten into the worst way the grass starter gets turbofucked.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I looked up the sprite for Linkite's evolution and broke out laughing.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

From the description in the thread earlier, it sounds like it evolves into video-game creepypasta. Linkite.EXE?

No, it's dumber than that.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Palossand is my very slow but very strong murder-friend, and I just wish he had a better ability and/or more speed.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

turn off the TV posted:

Now do the evolution. :v:

:confused:

Okay?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

My favorite part of mega metalynx is that it's ability is basically just salt in the wound when you compare it to what the fire and water megas get.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

There's also Pokemon Clover which is... Not good.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

That's still probably better than inflating the Sun to somehow power up Electric-type Pokemon, to be honest.

I'm sorry what?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Too late, your Fomantis has picked up your bad habits & attitude.

YEAH

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I kind of want to see Mega Charizard X or Mega Garchomp something similarly edgy looking doing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcoIPizd-TE

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

DORUbok?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Do the pokemon who are naturally nuclear also behave like dark pokemon, or is it just the CORRUPTED! ones?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

To be fair, snake venom is on the short list of examples Wikipedia gives for "Biohazardous Materials", but that's probably more of an accident on the developer's part than anything else.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Flarger is actually sorta adorable, Inflagetah looks absolutely stupid, and it's mega form somehow looks even stupider.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Ground is also a very good attacking type, as it's super effective against steel(and electric, fire, poison, and rock), and is only resisted or blanked by 3 types.

More importantly, the pokemon that can learn earthquake are usually hurting for a move that's 100% accurate, rock and ground moves are usually hideously inaccurate for some reason.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Bogart posted:

X Gems were the prototype to Z-Crystals. Think about it.

Speaking of, why is it that Crystals will form change Arceus but not Sylvaly?

Also why is Arceus in my phone's dictionary?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Dexie posted:

http://hyruletotalwar.wikia.com/wiki/Hyrule:_Total_War_Wiki

Have fun.

Didn't the original creator of the mod go completely bonkers and abandon the project when the Hyrule Historia came out, because so much of it contradicted his head-canon?

If he didn't then the existence of Hyrule Warriors almost assuredly would have.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Genocyber posted:

I was so glad that I have a habit of keeping one eye glued on Bulbapedia when I play Pokemon games. Seeing Type:Null having evolved into Silvally and looking up its evolve condition just made me d'aww.

Well... He stole Type:NULL from the aether foundation because it was put in cryogenic stasis after they couldn't properly weaponize him. He joined team skull because his mother had some inroads with Guzma. Most of his demeanor is him trying too hard to emulate the Skulls

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Apr 1, 2017

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Dexie posted:

All of Eevee's evolutions are types that were special before the split.

Yup, which absolutely hosed over Flareon when they suddenly decided it needed to be the physical attacker.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I have no idea why surfing ninja is a thing but it's just so abjectly weird I can't complain.
It's a reference to a really really bad 90's movie.

The poster tells you plenty, but what it doesn't show you is the little kid has a Game Gear that can control the future.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Apr 7, 2017

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Nope, edgy alternate evolution instead of aromatisse.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Glazius posted:

I do like the idea of Eevee turning into a "safe" nuclear type, even if the type itself is kind of busted.

The pokedex entry says that the only reason it doesn't gut you and eat your entrails is because it remembers being your friend as an eevee.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Didn't they do that in the Persona 4 anime's last episode? Yu confronts his Shadow, he's just like "Yeah, you right, dawg", and then it turns back into Izanagi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHHZvNx3zrw

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

My Fursona's party sprite is just a barely modified Ampharos.

Also I saw Red just hanging out there next to the drain punch TM?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

:doh:

Aha, I thought they used Red for something lazily, turns out they just used a gen IV sprite verbatim without editing :v:

• Locked thread