Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Let me guess. The 201st pokemon is officially event-only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

So, this game was partially designed by a brony?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

How do you decide if a wild titanic ship is female or male?

Well, normally every ship is referred to by its crew as a 'she'. But Titanice can also be a male so that's confusing.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

KataraniSword posted:

Well, I mean, it was made in RPGMaker. The only thing easier to reverse-engineer would be if it was on someone's graphing calculator in BASIC.

Hell, after AM2R got its own C&D, fans tore that open and are doing update patches to it to this day, including things like a New Game + mode and/or modes that get rid of that whole "scaling lava gate" thing. I figure the whole reason Uranium took this long to get new hands on it was because of the original team's ego pollution.

Please do an LP of your graphing calculator pokemon game.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

The difference between American and Kanto feet.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Tunicate posted:

You could potentially do a lot of different gym leader orders in RBY, so it's not like it's unprecedented, even if it's not as well-supported as it could be.

Yeah, I think in my very first playthrough of Pokemon Red, Sabrina was the 7th gym leader I fought. I live in a country that's small enough that back then Nintendo didn't bother with localisations and my English was still terrible so I had no idea why the guards wouldn't let me into Saffron. I just kept playing assuming that city would open up by itself at some point. And it turns out there's actually no blocking items at all in Saffron, the only reason you need to go there is to make Giovanni move to the 8th gym and to get the badge for the Victory Road checkpoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks for showing this off. It was a ride.

• Locked thread