Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Anyone that isn't saying Hawlucha is objectively wrong. He does that good lucha thing that we all wish we could do

edit: Muk and Snorlax are both acceptable because they are probably the gooniest of pokemon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Wait, I've changed my mind. My dude is Mawuh

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Oh my god Toadey is a Neighbours reference and has his lovely goatee

Testekill fucked around with this message at 09:09 on May 26, 2017

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Kurieg posted:

I can get most of those as an ignorant Minnesotan, but I don't understand the tommi/Whycrow/Deadorse one (Beyond the fact that it's obviously a Dead Horse.) and the Big X's.

Australia has a bunch of tourist traps on the highways between cities. Stuff like the Big Pienapple, Big Banana and poo poo like that.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Bydoless posted:

So I guess here's a draft of the intro post for the Pokemon Reborn LP.

The current draft right now is meant for an individual thread for the LP. DONGS here will be replaced in the following update by whatever the thread votes for.

When we reach the end of the then-current "episode" for Pokemon Reborn, I'll probably follow up with Pokemon Rejuvenation in the same thread since Pokemon Reborn is unfinished and Rejuvenation is directly inspired by it.

This will also be posted in the LP Sandcastle thread, and in fact I'd recommend posting there instead of here in response to this test post for reasons.

The edge is adorable

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I like the idea of Mega Arbok being Yamata no Orochi but the execution wasn't there. So it actually is doing better than the average decision in Uranium.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 23:18 on May 29, 2017

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Redeye Flight posted:

Australia is Monsoon territory, right? And I remember a Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck where he got caught in the Outback when a rainstorm blew through and had to outrun a wall of water in the middle of the desert, because it rained so much the ground wouldn't soak it.

Queensland and the Northern Territory gets tropical cyclones and floods really badly. 75% of Western Australia is desert while Victoria, New South Wales & South Australia are temperate and generally just wet and miserable.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

We haven't gone full Uranium yet have we?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

I'm not giving Uranium a pass here, buuuuut, naturally occurring radiation is a thing. Granted it wouldn't be nearly as bad as nuclear fallout, but it does exist.

Just have to look to Australia for that. There's actually a ton of uranium deposits near the surface in Australia and the ancient Aboriginals would actively avoid them and referred to them as places of sickness since the plants and water around them were also contaminated.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Scarodactyl posted:

Looking at Hazma again, he is great as-is and all, but what if....

A top man amongst boys

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Haifisch posted:

I've never thought about it until now, but what happens if you try to breed a Nuclear mon?

Are the offspring nuclear too, are they normal, or does the game refuse to let you try?

Have you ever read a Spiderman mini series called Reign? The pokemon will suffer the same problem that Spidey had in it

Radioactive semen that gave Mary Jane cancer.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

So was their child a sentient tumor? :v:

Pretty sure it got killed in her Chernobyl like womb.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

It does get the Iron Fist ability, at least.

I never got a Golurk with Iron Fist, I always ended up getting one with Klutz.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

Spoilers for anyone who wants to stay in suspense: Like three, with the third being mostly the epilogue. Maybe less depending on how much OFS wants to elaborate on how terrible the next part is.

I say go whole hog on how any part of Uranium is garbage.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

SaitoBatch posted:

In a PokeMusou game, would you be playing as trainers who toss out Pokemon for their combos, or as the Pokemon themselves?

Pokemon themselves I reckon

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

The toppest boy

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

krisslanza posted:

I mean that isn't unusual for a game to do but... we've seen CURIE all of, what, two times? Maybe three?
And their dialogue hasn't really amounted to much.

If you want to try and redeem a villain, you usually have to sprinkle a bit more throughout the game about them. Or you know, make them actually exist for more then 5% of the game :v:

Or once more establish a sympathetic/justifiable backstory which actually makes them going the nuclear option make a little more sense.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

dis astranagant posted:

Mawuh will always be the best pokeyman

Mawuh is a good cop that just is badly effected by his crippling alcoholism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Scarodactyl posted:

Well, you asked for it...

Name=Mawuh
InternalName=MAWUH
Type1=FIRE
Type2=STEEL
BaseStats=0,400,1300,0,0,0
GenderRate=Female0Percent
GrowthRate=Fast
BaseEXP=225
EffortPoints=0,2,0,1,0,0
Rareness=100
Happiness=90
Abilities=RUMPOWER
HiddenAbility=
Moves=1,SCRATCH,1,PEPPERBREATH,1,BULLETSEED,1,FLASHCANNON,2,WATERGUN,2,CONVERSION,2,BULLETSEED,3,PARTINGSHOT,4,SEARINGSHOT,8,OCTAZOOKA,21,SPIRITSHACKLE
Compatibility=Fire1
StepsToHatch=5120
Height=0.5
Weight=14.0
Color=Orange
Habitat=GunRange
RegionalNumbers=120
Kind=DIGITAL
Pokedex=Mawuh is most dangerous in the morning hours when its naturally aggressive temperament is amplified by a headache.
BattlerPlayerY=9
BattlerEnemyY=10
BattlerAltitude=0
Evolutions=
202.png:
EDIT: forgot 202b.png
Stats are official.

This is tremendous.

• Locked thread