Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
also chimiconda looks like what i would consider a poison/dragon i just kinda assumed it was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
did john romero die after daikatana came out

did carmack fulfill the prophecy and subsume his essence into his being

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

i have a small niggling feeling that that was a joke

nah, i was sincerely curious what happened to Romero, cool he's working with John Carmack...'s brother

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

oh well nevermind

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Daikatuna, made by John Remora

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

that happens to be one of the few lines in uranium that i like. the sprites could use a little touching up but the concept is neat

final form really doesn't need to be a trade evo, though

ya know, fan-games have a good position to get rid of terrible mechanics, and while i understand why you might keep in 1% encounters or bad moves i can't for the life of me understand keeping trade evos

it's not just cause they're only in there to give incentive to buy two versions, it's also that you have to set up the netcode to be able to do them and that just seems like a hassle

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

EclecticTastes posted:

Pretty sure it's there in the official games as an incentive to have friends. The entire Pokemon franchise has been full of attempts to make the players finally go out and socialize. Exclusive Pokemon and trade evos, that IR Mystery Gift thing from Gen II, the Poke-Walker, then Pokemon GO! shows up and is just like "gently caress you, you need to go outside to play this at all and if you want items you better get ready to run into other human beings at Poke Stops".

they can use all the reasons they wanted to justify it but let's be real, trade evos and exclusive pokemon were a way to get kids to bug their parents for both versions and only exist today as a legacy feature

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i only speak american, hoss :that crying eagle emote:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
:( Dunsparce's depression took a tragic turn (it's cute, even while dead)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Bogart posted:

It isn't dead. It's just an angel now. :colbert:

are you trying to deny the accuracy of DBZ

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
nucleon's a cutie

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

I think there might be an elegant way to do a sport of "Imaginary Friend Pokemon only visible to children and (implied) drunks", but that is really not the way to do it.

there was nothing implied about the guy who literally said he was drunk

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

the cat thing is kinda cute but what differentiates it from ditto

a bad pun

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
yeah the game is free, idk what that guys smoking

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
christ y'all were right about the linkite evolution, that thing looks stupid as gently caress

also, really gotta question having incredibly relevant to the protagonist and general world backstory hidden behind an entirely optional side-quest

garlikid is cool tho, so there's that

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Waterfall of Salt posted:

Roggenrola just has an ear though

to a majority of people, it reads an an eye, don't be dumb

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Raserys posted:

So, the odds that kid Theo and teen Theo are from different stages in development that they just duct taped together are...?

it's possible they wanted to convey character growth but not have a clue how to do that organically, but yeah its pretty likely two different concepts for theo just got smushed together terribly

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rainuwastaken posted:

On the plus side, you'd only really care about one attacking stat for the vast majority of mons. That means you just have to roll that one unpredictable IV in the stat they don't use, which cuts down the time spent considerably. Alakazam isn't exactly attached to his physical attack.

That's still a lot of grognardery but it's kinda fun for those of us mad enough. God help you if you need a specific Hidden Power, though.

a low attack stat is even helpful for Alakazam in case it gets confused

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tunicate posted:

Play as Gary Oak and start with an eevee?

i've literally wanted this since i was 7, playing yellow

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

BlazeEmblem posted:

I'll concede that, but overall it looks like it is made up of multiple differentiated sections, specifically it's green top part and the not-magnet. You could say that those could be proteins embedded in or on the outside of the membrane, but overall, it looks less like a single-celled organism and more like a mollusk.

the actual games pokedex says slugma's skin is hotter then the sun, you should probably just relax

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Let's also not forget my favorite fact, that Wailord is less dense than air

i mean, it is always floating in the Stadium-like games, maybe it's on to something....

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i'm right-handed, get owned inferior beings

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Its soundtrack was grating and the entire game post-Mother Brain was badly-designed, basically comprising one huge corridor wrapped around itself. AM2R is the best 2D Metroid by a comfortable margin, followed by Super Metroid and Fusion in whichever order you like.

I mean, I appreciate that Zero Mission recognized the importance of sequence-breaking to fans of the series, but at least for me, atmosphere and subtlety are far more important. Whatever Zero Mission is, it is not subtle.

lmao if you think AM2R is anywhere near Fusion, let alone Super Metroid

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

Please sweep Tiko with that Mawuh thanks a bunch.

it has zero hp, doesn't it just like, die when it gets sent out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

MR. J posted:

There's quite a few shiny pokemon where it's just a very slightly darker/lighter shade of their original.

i remember reading once that they did shinys by just upshifting the pallete of the pokemon, no clue how true that is but would explain why some of them are basically the same but darker and others are drastically different

• Locked thread