Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Congrats, you hatched a NeoPet.

Radiation sickness can actually make you pass out, right before it makes you dead. To have passed out after such a short time requires quite a heavy dose of radiation, and presumably our intrepid trainer will be dead within the day, if not a few hours. (And, really, he probably shouldn't have woken up at all.) Wikipedia has a lovely chart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

turn off the TV posted:

Is water actually used to contain radiation? I was under the impression that its use in plants is to regulate temperature and create steam. Like, one of the problems surrounding the Fukushima plant is that its irradiating the surrounding ground and sea water.

Yes, it absorbs radiation. Spent fuel rods are kept in a pool of water to cool them off and absorb any remaining radiation, for example.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Isn't this a Mega Man Battle Network enemy?

(It isn't. But it could be one.)

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
XY also had actual names for every route that it rarely ever used. I'm guessing they were inspired by that.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Isn't there an ability that prevents the recoil damage from Life Orb while still giving the damage boost, too?

Edit: left the page open too long haha

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Another lefty checking in. I ended up trying to do it right handed, which was enough because the minigame is easy. Still really annoying though!

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
The movement controls are on the left side of the DS, so it's kind of hard to use the stylus in your left hand and move around.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Keep in mind this is the same technique used for things like adding the player's name to dialogue or filling in "[Pokemon] used [attack]". It's a basic tool for making the game interactive.

(It's also the foundation for the Missingno bug in Red and Blue.)

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Kikas posted:

Sign me up for the "I thought the legendary Pokemon is your mom" club.

Goddammit this makes this reveal even more disappointing.

I remember that rumor too. Maybe someone said it in the main Pokémon thread, before this LP started?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Good job, he's recognizably a human teenager now. Nice hair edit, too!

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

mandatory lesbian posted:

i remember reading once that they did shinys by just upshifting the pallete of the pokemon, no clue how true that is but would explain why some of them are basically the same but darker and others are drastically different

That's how it worked in Gen II, yeah. They just used an alternate palette. Later gens are more deliberate. Furret is a great example: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Furret_(Pok%C3%A9mon)#Sprites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Raserys posted:

Although, he is supposed to be like 10

Welp.

• Locked thread