Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I got only to the route after where the LP is currently is at myself. I made the mistake of picking the Grass starter which has the distinction of being the only starter that doesn't begin with a STAB move, lost the first fight because of a combination of that and the water starter having static, and then to add insult to injury the first grass type move it learns is Leech Seed of all things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Begemot posted:

It's hard to blame it for that, considering it came out a few weeks before SM.

No, it's really easy to blame them for that because Pokemon fangames using essentials like Uranium does have been using HM item replacements for years.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Bydoless posted:

Does Pokemon Uranium have Fast-Forward functionality? I'm asking because Pokemon Reborn does have Fast-Forward toggling mapped to a key that attempts to speed up the whole game by 3x, but the engine can't handle it and the actual speed-up varies wildly depending on area, and also it makes the game choppier in heavy load areas.

Of course, those performances issue may be alleviated if I was using anything better than my poo poo laptop, but what can you do.

Having tried the game myself about a year ago I can tell you that it is definitely not because of your laptop, it's because rpgmaker is garbage.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Z/O also has things like murdering protags from previous games so yeah, it's kind of garbage of the same kind as Uranium.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Prism posted:

To be fair, that doesn't mean Uranium did.

I think you're overestimating the Uranium devs here. Other than their own original moves, they didn't do the programming for a single one in the game, they were included in a package of scripts called Pokemon Essentials for rpgmaker xp. There's a ton of fangames for the engine out there, all using it as a baseline.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

PMush Perfect posted:

Nocturne is so loving good. Hard, but so good.

Edit drat, that BIP page needs cleaning up. Hell, it's got a rape joke in it.

Edit2 And done. Much more readable now and doesn't totally give away the game with Matador!

You're a hero, that page was horrible and redundant before your work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Ace of Aces posted:

Darn. Being Australian when I see an animal I'm unfamiliar with my first thought is "can it kill or eat me?" and my second thought is "can I eat it?".

If you're very unlucky as a couple people were, the Sunfish may kill you entirely on accident by jumping into your boat like the dumbass it is and crushing you to death.

• Locked thread