Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

So what you're saying is adopt Uranium's brooding dark colors and garishly bright greens?

Just like I'm reading it off a Pip Boy in the Nuclear hellscape that is Anthell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

Yeah. Kanto/Johto were the Tokyo environs (more or less), Hoenn was the southern islands, and Sinnoh was Hokkaido.

For spinoff games, Orre is supposed to be Arizona/Nevada, somewhere in the Death Valley area at least, Almia (the region from the Ranger game where Uranium's Moody Dad comes from) is the southern tip of SinnohHokkaido, the other two Ranger regions are just Generic JRPG Land.

Jynx went from blackface to "purpleface", so there's still some :raise: to be ironed out.

Well, frostbiteface, since she's a Yuki-Onna who have black faces because that's what happens to you when you die of extreme cold, but they've learned to double check if their designs could come off as offensive in the aftermath.

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

Commander Keene posted:

I think Katarani is saying something like "purpleface is just 'trying not to be blackface'" and that the problem still needs to be actually fixed and not just Band-Aided.

I think seeing it as "purpleface" or "blackface" is assuming it's meant to be a black person in the first place, instead of a japanese cultural/ mythological grab bag, like a lot of the designs wind up being.

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

Bloody Pom posted:

Its evolution method is really neat too. Its second stage has two forms depending on whether it evolves holding a burn heal or an ice heal. The former learns Ice moves, the latter learns Fire moves. You evolve it again by leveling it up while it's holding the opposite of its previous evolution item, at which point it becomes a hulking alchemical monstrosity. :black101:

Noxial:

Fumighast:

That last one is actually adorable again. Like it's suddenly realized how huge it is and is only thinking that now it can reach things on the top shelf!

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

Dragonwagon posted:

Turns out all TMs are made by a prison chaplain in Florida.

Wow, I'm surprised no one commented on this Stone Ocean reference yet.

Now I'm imagining all the JoJos as Pokemon trainers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

This is fantastic! Shine on, you not-crash diamond!

Vinylshadow posted:

Why imagine when it's a reality?

No no. I said Jojos as Pokemon trainers. This is clearly Pokemon as JoJos.

Nuclear Eevee is okay but not spectacular design wise and an utter poo poo kicker mechanically.
Titanice needs to be steel type.

Predictions for next gym... a completely out of left field communist gym leader lectures you on the ills of social stratification and the plight of the working man in his steel mill gym. He is not a steel gym leader, he only uses red pokemon.
Nobody talks about him ever again.

• Locked thread