Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Who says pepper before salt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

i could never decide what i hated more about uranium. the awful balance or the high amount of awful-looking pokemon that seem to miss the aesthetic that makes canon pokemon look good.

i'm genuinely disappointed that sage is the fangame stuck in slow development
Reminder that Uranium was in development for 9 years

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

"they could have just endorsed it" is an incredibly stupid idea. It's technically correct but ignores the fact that Gamefreak/Nintendo don't want to deal with the possibility of people complaining at them because they missed a fakemon named Coksuker or one of the NPC's is wearing a swastika. Or, just for example, not talking about any specific hack, they don't want a game where the PC's mother dies in a nuclear hellfire at the start to represent the Pokemon brand.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Tunicate posted:

As I said, it's a ton of hassle and can backfire.

Not sure why you seem so angry about it?
less angy and more derisive. Either way, not at you, I was repeating what you were saying with more :words:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

since Aveden is Normal/Flying, Duodick's Hidden Power could be Ghost!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

mandatory lesbian posted:

so do the official games
It's a good gimmick

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

goddamn I lost my poo poo at Mawuh

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

it's baffling to me that Frynai isn't called Tunai

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

you know what Garlikid reminds me of?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LbWWx80ZPA

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Luxelong looks like a dragon corgi

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

McDragon posted:

Hazma is the best. They almost ruined it with a redesign but thankfully relented. Well, ruin is a bit much but made it not as good isn't so snappy.
how were they going to change it?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The other trainers probably would have gotten patched to be just as ludicrous if Nintendo hadn't told the Uranium team to knock it off

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Ah, so the threat of legal action wasn't enough to stop them from working on the game. My mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Echo Cian posted:

The faces in these sprites bug me so drat much because they look incredibly easy to fix by moving things a few pixels.

So, five minutes in MSPaint later:

I could do better (Dick Solomon's eye still looks weird) but I already cared more than the devs did. :effort:

Mawuh, Ronch and Coolronch are all incredible.
I don't see any difference

• Locked thread