Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
Next verse same as the first.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

So what you're saying is adopt Uranium's brooding dark colors and garishly bright greens?

I agree with this statement entirely.

My entire experience with non-canon Pokémon games is 151 red/blue/yellow hacks because I always play alone so have no friends to trade for all of them : (

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Pokemon Uranium: A Region Reborn

A Brave New Pokémon
A Pokémon Too Far
Pokémon Over Troubled Waters
Their Pokémon Were Watching Arceus

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013

alcharagia posted:

:siren: there are trade evolutions in this fangame :siren:

This still gets me. Although I'd also like to talk some more about how gosh-darned cute Owlten is, despite a dumb name. Flying kitten? Sign me up! Just don't tell me what horrors Uranium is going to inflict on its evolutions.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013

U.T. Raptor posted:

Kind of like a Poke Emu War, then.

Tbh, real world Australia is already full of dangerous and extreme critters so it wouldn't be very hard to Pokemon that up. Issues of racism and native peoples could be dicey but Nintendo could just ignore it, too. :eyeroll:

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013

Forer posted:

That mechanic seems really funny just because the message of the pokemon games really comes down to "hey no no no we're not doing a dogfighting thing, these pokemon want to be with us and our friends, and by cooperation and teamwork along with good strategy we can win!"

vs Colosseum which seems to be "STEAL YOUR ENEMIES POKEMON MAKE THEM HATE EVERYTHING AND THEN RUN THEM RAGGED UNTIL THEY'RE NOT USEFUL! THEN fix them and let them return to normal society as if nothing happened"

I just wanted to look at this again. Well chosen thread title, OFS.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013

SSNeoman posted:

Adorable.

This thing is adorable and I love it. Little ghost/flask thing? Hell yeah! I'd name mine Marie Curie.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013

Bloody Pom posted:

It's even Poison/Ghost, it's a literal thing that goes FOOF in the night! :byoscience:

Wanting to play Sage now, tbh.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013

Seyser Koze posted:

Considering that we're only now seeing the demise of coal plants in real life, the pseudo-Pokeverse reactors probably wouldn't go away until something vastly more profitable for their owners showed up, no matter how many accidents happened.

You keep that sensible and logical train of thought to yourself, young goon. This is horrible no good fangame country.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013

Tunicate posted:

Shiny version should have jazz pattern.

This is a good post and you should feel good.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm looking forward to pokemon: yellowcake uranium

Pokemon: The Apocalypse
Pokemon: Depleted Uranium

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013

vorebane posted:

Pokemon Sulphur and Pokemon Brimstone, the protagonist must battle their way out of pokehell. :unsmigghh:

I'd play it. Hell, Houdoom is already a canon Pokemon. Could even have Dunsphere with it's adorable little wings be your Navi.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

This place is not a place of honor.

No highly esteemed deed is commemorated here.

Nothing valued is here.

This place is a message and part of a system of messages.

Pay attention to it!

Sending this message was important to us.

We considered ourselves to be a powerful let's play.

I love you for using this, btw. And speaking of the Let's play, are you planning to use the Linkite?

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013

Crazy Achmed posted:

And, you know, an actual good evolution for it would be it remembering what species it was, but still being too attached to its substitute sweater to let it go. I.e. the same haunted pokeball with a cool ghost thing rising out of it, wearing a slightly ill-fitting substitute hoodie in an adorable way.

This would also be a good idea! I mean, my mental bar was set really low by the rest of this game but Chainite is just so, so stupid. Wow.

You could even have an Eevee number of different evolutions for it; fish-shaped ghost wearing the substitute-hoodie if evolved on water, tree shaped one if in a forest, Graveller shaped for in a cave, etc. Maybe an angel-winged one for friendship evo, one that looks more like that punk rat for dislike evo.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013

Asehujiko posted:

One possible variation I could think of is an amorphous ghost holding the substitute doll as a teddy bear. The ghost still has no real form but is no longer ashamed of it and doesn't need to hide in the substitute any more.

This is also good! What Uranium did is so, so not.

And it's a trade evo???? I don't know why, but that's my line that the game crossed. This is just not a good game, guys.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

It also feels like a joke an actual Pokemon game would make.
Also, ninja/pirate thing isn't bad here, because surfing ninjas is ridiculous and stupid enough to work. And that's all that's been good in the past five updates or so.

I dunno, the discussion and ideas Linkite/Chainite sparked we're pretty good...

Oh wait, that was mocking and improving this game's poorly thought out designs. Carry on.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

We're at the last gym, I think.

I think it's telling that no one can loving remember. Sometimes you have to let go of things when they are terrible, even if you've spent nearly a decade on them. Clearly this "creator" didn't realize that.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013

Hammurabi posted:

So what I'm getting is that I really need to play SMT

That, and Uranium isn't the worst Pokemon fangame out there. I'm saddened, but not surprised.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013

Randalor posted:

Maybe linkite is just the ghost of a hazma, and they look like substitute dolls inside of their little hazmat suits?

This is a good and reasonable idea, therefore is obviously not how it was designed.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

You know drat well this game doesn't deserve that kind of perfection.

Exactly. That would be awesome.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013

OneDeadman posted:

There's just the victory road equivalent and elite four, then whatever post game stuff exists, which I'm not sure how much there is exactly

Oh boy! Berries! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013

krisslanza posted:

I mean to be fair, it isn't like she tried to kill anyone we care about.

Is there anyone in this game we actually care about? Really?

• Locked thread