Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
I was looking through the sage wiki to look at all the other amazing pokemon designs and found something pretty funny. Now granted, the devs said they are reworking this ability.

Meet this guy:

This is his original ability:

quote:

Full Force:
Any move that the bearer uses which has a variable base power will always use the highest possible base power.

He learns Reversal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Speaking of Pokemon stories, what's everyone's opinion on the Pokemon special manga? When I read it, I really liked how each protag had distinct personalities (my favorite is Diamond. He's a chill dude who wants to make kids laugh) but in hindsight it had some edgy things that the guys who made Uranium would eat up (evil gym leaders and elite 4, death, etc)

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
The mention of SMT in this thread made me realize something.

In the far off future, all the media we love will eventually become public domain, meaning that in a future SMT game we can create our own Pikachu by fusing two demons together.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Goku for Persona 6.

His arcana is Sun.

Maybe. I'm not well versed in tarot

theGrooseofLegend fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 25, 2017

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
So I could have a character named Lucifer, but it would be a problem if I aped Atlus' exact design?

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
I love that every final evolution looks super pissed. Especially Cockatwo and Footee :black101:

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Dedhorse, the slipp evo-line and the candy bars make me laugh every time I see them

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Okay, I'm gonna need more context on that Cassowarrior entry. That sounds loving hilarious

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Saw from this thread that Sage team released a new demo, so I gave a try. drat is this game fun. Then again, I stopped playing Pokemon by the 2nd gen where I power-leveled my mons to one-shot everything in the way so that may explain all the fun I'm having.

Here's my Fakemons. I am a giant dork

EDIT: I swore I attached my pic

theGrooseofLegend fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Aug 15, 2017

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013

Sorites posted:

'ManGOAT'? Not a Smash fan, by any chance, are you?

Yeah I'm one of those weird guys who likes competitive Melee, so that name was no brainer

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Gonna throw out a random guess and say that our little edgelord here is Dick Solomon's Mom

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
"Oh but her mind broke because of the thingy, so wasn't REALLY her fault"
fuckyoufuckyouFUCKYOUFUCKY-

EDIT: I can't help but try to compare this element of the reveal to a similar one in a better game

Flowey became a sociopath because he was left without a soul. With one, he becomes a lonely little kid named Asriel. But that's fine because:

1. Asriel doesn't stop being a dick after getting a soul. He was willing to put the whole underground into a Groundhog Day Loop just so he can "play" with Frisk a little longer.

2. Flowey's character served more than to be super edgy. In the Genocide route his monologue shows he's supposed to parallel you, the player, and your relationship with the games you play. His motto "kill or be killed" is reflective of the "gently caress you got mine" attitude that Asriel warns you'll run into in the real world.

3. The game doesn't really let Asriel/Flowey off easy for their poo poo*. Even in True Pacifist, Asriel stays in the cave while everyone else gets to leave, eventually turning back into the soulless husk he was before.

* I'l be surprised if the post-game addresses Lucille's crimes in a reasonable way

theGrooseofLegend fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Sep 1, 2017

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
And they never bring up her crimes. Has there been anything that was at all surprising about this game other than terrible design decisions?

Decided to play through the Sage demo again to try the more obscure Pokemon, namely Leukoon and Lumishroom. The former was a bitch to find, but fun as gently caress to use: it trivializes Stella's Magnitogre with its giant bulk and Curse + Night Shade. Evolving the latter was a journey on its own. I wanted it to be part of the Admin fight, so I chose an arbitrary way to get paralyzed: spamming Stun Spore on a Doppole and hoping it used Copycat.

Has there been any other fan games that has a completely original dex? I'll probably move on to official Pokemon games after this play through so I'm just wondering.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Did we have a Chernobyl pun yet?

My money is on a Chernobyl pun that out-edges the Chainite

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Wow, how did I miss that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
I'm disappointed that the neural network learned how to name pokemon so fast because now I want a whole pokedex generated by it :allears:

• Locked thread