Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I would have missed this if I wasn't sent the link, you haven't advertised it in the New LP Thread Thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

CoffeeAvenger posted:

Didn't Gamefreak already sorta come up with that in Black and White?

They overthrew the Pokemon League, admittedly the closest thing the canon Pokemon universe has, but not even remotely an analogue to a realistic head of state.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Feleng looks more like it should be a fire-type.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

:eyepop:

This is beautiful.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Tyty posted:

I don't think there's any wild level 50 Dragonite though.

There are wild level 10 Salamance. :v:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Someone did a big effortpost on the AV shitshow in an FF thread somewhere, I'm trying to dig it up.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I want to say this has been mentioned but I've been searching for discussions about it so I'm probably getting mixed up: the wins they banned people for, the "unintended methods", were actually exploit abuses. People have since beaten him legit with no repercussions.

E: This isn't really meant as a defense of the bans, but it's a good bit better as a reason than "they beat my oc baby"

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Feb 24, 2017

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Glaric posted:

Smoke + Fire = Smore?

So it's not pronounced "S'more", but "Smo - re"? :v:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Talking to Pokemon. Fighting a Pokemon as a trainer, as a character. What are you doing, Uranium? :psyduck:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Regalingualius posted:

See also: Unova's bat 'mon vs Zubat.

I personally agree, but a lot of people like to whine that this is lazy, even though Swoobat is a completely different take on the concept.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Lord Koth posted:

...So you wonder traded them a bunch of lvl 1 stage 1(out of 3) dragons that don't evolve until 35/45. Congrats? As opposed to a goddamn fully evolved dragon that is just randomly available on the first island through S.O.S. battles at levels far below where it normally evolves at. I'm not talking about catching and using Bagon here (though that's obviously an option too; and Goomy on island 2), I'm talking about you can literally catch Salamence at those levels.

Stage 1 dragons are not very good, even with the neat typing on that one.

They gave people a Pokemon that was highly desired and not normally available until the end of the game. It's not a race to get the first pseudo, nor were they even trying to upstage you. Overly defensive, much?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

1stGear posted:

As someone who hasn't played Pokemon since Gen1, why is Earthquake the most important move in the universe?

It's powerful, accurate, got a decent offensive type, and it's always been a TM that tons of Pokemon can learn so it's good for type coverage.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Tunicate posted:

Don't humans have pseudolegendary stats? I think they're in a couple fights in the film event in black and white

The film studio stuff is, as the purpose of the minigame, scripted as hell. The actors have the stats they need to survive X scenes against the average Pokemon with, I imagine, little else thought put in.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

PMush Perfect posted:

It's telling that the 2017 VGC rules straight-up ban mega evolution.

I don't like Mega Evolution either, but this in particular is I think just meant to encourage using the new stuff instead.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Manatee Cannon posted:

it also predates dark type anyway

So does Bite.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Do I want to know what "Geiger Sense" does? Or how you even get HAs in Uranium?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Raserys posted:

Pretty much all the Unown ones are good, I'm partial to this one http://www.smogon.com/dex/dp/pokemon/unown/

quote:

As Unown can sometimes get temperamental when dropped into a situation outside of what it is used to (caves, incest),

:wtc:

Now I'm wondering if Uranium has Unown. I can't imagine what kind of bullshot this game would hide the punctuation forms behind.

• Locked thread