Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

mandatory lesbian posted:

a good number of pokemon can be described as "just an X", i think it's unfair to call it lazy tho, or do you want pokemon to be more like digimon and have numerous extraneous details on stuff like pidgey and rattata

I think it's more a retort to Gen1 elitism, i.e. rebuffing "new gens are stupid because look, this pokemon is just an ice cream cone or just a garbage bag" with "gen1 was just as bad, this pokemon is a loving pokeball and this one is a half-dozen eggs".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dr. Dos posted:

The backhoe is the best thing this game has offered so far.

Which isn't to say that it's dumb, because it is, but it's so dumb and ridiculous that it loops around to little-kid levels of awesome.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

LupusAter posted:

And again, when talking about fanmade games, Pokemon Sage takes the concept (pokeball mimic) and executes it a lot better.

Oh my god, that angler fish is adorable. :swoon:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

That's way better, holy poo poo. The cheek markings are really smart. It also looks kinda disdainful, what with the upward look.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Seriously, I would buy a plush Fumighast no problem. It's cute. :3:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Say hello to Rocket Man.

Jesus lord. :catstare:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

GeneX posted:

I like that smug arcanine

Wanna pet that smug arcanine tbh.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

It's too cute! :swoon:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Okay, Craliber is cute and those names are both brilliant.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Another fail state is for a Voltorb to blow your Magikarp to kingdom come.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Haha what the gently caress, 758 BST, and practically in an Arceus-like balanced distribution. Jesus gently caress.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Brother Entropy posted:

even for a retarded edgy plot twist that was all really badly written

The all lowercase dialogue from Urayne adding this "owo whats this" vibe to it did not help, either.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Jobbo_Fett posted:

MEGAWEAPON!
MEGAWEAPON!
MEGAWEAPON!

For all the game's faults, it at least gave us backhoe dragon, and damnit, I can grudgingly respect that.

Godspeed, buddy. May you never cease plowing over your enemies. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Scarodactyl posted:

202.png:
EDIT: forgot 202b.png

:five:

• Locked thread