Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prav
Oct 29, 2011

*soft whisper in your ear* russia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
i'm not sure how a guy who orgasms at the thought of nuclear war and has hours of youtube videos lets playing a war sim is mad about "the deep state" but he's a racist alcoholic so it isn't like he actually thinks about stuff beyond surface-level.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Baloogan posted:

you communists should take note, even if you get all your ducks in a row

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

an actual dog posted:

The deep state is why Person of Interest got canceled :mad:

Also because CBS needs time slots for like six more NCIS shows

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
is leroy jethro gibbs part of the deep state?

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

The Brown Menace posted:

im gonna be disappointed as gently caress if the deep state isnt run by a 60s computer with vacuum tubes and tapes inside some nuclear facility under a mountain

They call it GW.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
i'm confused

what is this so-called deep state doing about trump? looks like his presidency is going fine so far

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Main Paineframe posted:

i'm confused

what is this so-called deep state doing about trump? looks like his presidency is going fine so far

Don't you have work to do Ms. Conway?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
how much for a deep state massage

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Concordat posted:

They call it GW.

Hail Hydra

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 245 days!

redneck nazgul posted:

man, it's funny watching everybody think the deeeep staaaaate is some nebulous evil arm of capitalism.

if they were in this to make money, they'd be behind donny boy 100%.

they're mostly concerned with their continued existence. bernie, full communism now-bot, even baloogan would be okay with them provided they don't break the deep state ricebowl. trump's selling everything out to russia and trying to marginalize them, of course the knives are coming out.

deep state is a really scary way of saying "civil servants" or "bureaucrats"

conspiracy theories are not without truth; their job is to obfuscate the truth using what one knows intuitively

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

TheDon01 posted:

Don't you have work to do Ms. Conway?

this is the same deep state that enthusiastically worked to get Trump elected in the first place

the fbi knew about Flynn's shady business a month ago, but for some reason chose to privately notify the white house instead of writing a letter to congress

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fidel Castronaut posted:

my dad's first assignment was SAC headquarters, his last assignment was Raven Rock, and then he worked at the Pentagon for ten years as a civil servant. If you met my dad, who is very dad-like and tells dad jokes, you would probably chill out with the all-encompassing conspiracy theories about the deep state. I'm sure there are shady political practices but it isn't omnipotent and some monolithic entity. Hell, we know they have their own issues with leaks.

The banality of evil

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Main Paineframe posted:

this is the same deep state that enthusiastically worked to get Trump elected in the first place

the fbi knew about Flynn's shady business a month ago, but for some reason chose to privately notify the white house instead of writing a letter to congress

It might shock you to learn that the FBI and the CIA aren't always on the same page.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
in fact they hate each other!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Cant wait for the next dictator regime the cia topples to be... us

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Some Liberal moron writing at Slate: Can the “Secret Government” Save Us?

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Helsing posted:

It might shock you to learn that the FBI and the CIA aren't always on the same page.

the fbi has an inferiority complex about, you know, being the objectively inferior agency

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

CIA always has to be one upping them. The FBI ratfucks a presidential candidate and the loving CIA has to do them one better and ratfuck a sitting President. Poor FBI can't catch a break :(

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

if the deep state is really so powerful they would have dropped the nuke on trump already

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Pollyanna posted:

if the deep state is really so powerful they would have dropped the nuke on trump already

i think theres 3 factions of the deep state, one thats anti trump, one thats pro trump (or maybe anti clinton) and one that doesn't give a gently caress

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Baloogan posted:

i think theres 3 factions of the deep state, one thats anti trump, one thats pro trump (or maybe anti clinton) and one that doesn't give a gently caress

against thong, for thing, dgaf is the faction spread for lije evwtuthjng on earth and also othwr places

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
the pro trump deep state faction has the best quests

plus the faction leader is like 6 foot 11

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Baloogan posted:

when emperor Trump eventually does the stupid and succeeds at unifying them against him, it's all done with

trump has a talent for unifying people against him too so, :suspense:

e:

case in point,

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/15/us/politics/trump-intelligence-agencies-stephen-feinberg.html

trump is going to review them, then quite probably threaten all their jobs
:suspense: :suspense: :suspense:

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 02:56 on Feb 17, 2017

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 245 days!

Baloogan posted:

the pro trump deep state faction has the best quests

plus the faction leader is like 6 foot 11

i just trail new combat drugs and mind control techniques and have ascended beyond the physical realm

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Between this thread and the "We Need to Talk About Programming Our Reality Thread" I think C-SPAM is almost ready for a "What really happened in Dallas in 63" thread :catdrugs:

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I like khakis, fantasy baseball and Saudi Arabia.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

when emperor Trump eventually does the stupid and succeeds at unifying them against him, it's all done with

trump has a talent for unifying people against him too so, :suspense:

e:

case in point,

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/15/us/politics/trump-intelligence-agencies-stephen-feinberg.html

trump is going to review them, then quite probably threaten all their jobs
:suspense: :suspense: :suspense:

so he is going for purges now from one of his rich dick buddies. this won't end well no matter what happens.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

deep dicked by the deep state

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so he is going for purges now from one of his rich dick buddies. this won't end well no matter what happens.

i'm open to any and all theories right now, including outlandish :tinfoil:

please dapper one, expound on your ideas of what might happen

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
I guess the Deep State is ultimately another check and balance on power. An undocumented check and balance.

We're in a situation now where our president is making foreign policy decisions based on his own ludicrously delusional belief that Putin's Russia wants to be our friend. The opposition party has no power, and the president's own party is afraid to challenge him.

What do you really expect them to do, just kick back and watch Trump help Russia to weaken our national security and our political stability? They are doing what they feel like they have to do, and I'm glad for it. I'd probably be thinking the along the same lines if I was in their position.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
i put my hand up on your state

when i deep you deep we deep

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

breaklaw posted:

I guess the Deep State is ultimately another check and balance on power. An undocumented check and balance.

We're in a situation now where our president is making foreign policy decisions based on his own ludicrously delusional belief that Putin's Russia wants to be our friend. The opposition party has no power, and the president's own party is afraid to challenge him.

What do you really expect them to do, just kick back and watch Trump help Russia to weaken our national security and our political stability? They are doing what they feel like they have to do, and I'm glad for it. I'd probably be thinking the along the same lines if I was in their position.

Agreed. Somebody has to run the country. And if Americans want Trump, then I'd rather go with the moderately evil but competent bureaucracy.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

i put my hand up on your state

when i deep you deep we weep
ftfy

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 245 days!

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

redneck nazgul posted:

man, it's funny watching everybody think the deeeep staaaaate is some nebulous evil arm of capitalism.

if they were in this to make money, they'd be behind donny boy 100%.

they're mostly concerned with their continued existence. bernie, full communism now-bot, even baloogan would be okay with them provided they don't break the deep state ricebowl. trump's selling everything out to russia and trying to marginalize them, of course the knives are coming out.
how are they not an arm of capitalism? I thought the entire reason they developed this mystique was knocking over iranians and south americans and african leaders who had the temerity to try nationalize whatever like single resource made up 70% of their export earnings. that and occasionally wiretapping civil rights leaders and trade unionists or whatever. also they help perpetuate forever wars i think largely to maintain their budgets and relevance but that obviously helps companies like lockheed and raytheon and general dynamics but also the hundreds if not thousands of companies with like 200 employees or less who individually make pretty good money compared to your average public school teacher. so yeah, capitalism.

but also this at the same time

breaklaw posted:

like literally what are they supposed to do in this position. i think deposing mossadegh-type operations are really scummy and counter productive from the blowback they create but I also sincerely believe alphabet soup agency career bureaucrats are genuinely patriotic people especially when contrasted withflynn and trump, who are not only like clownishly incompetent but also seemingly compromised beyond the silliest clancey type stuff. also it seems like in general the media here seems to have come to the same conclusion for the most part independent of said agencies, and i think that in itself is noteworthy

cargo cult has issued a correction as of 12:41 on Feb 17, 2017

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

buuuhhh the deep state, the deeeeep state

america runs on an electoral system set up by a bunch of syphilitic slave-rapers designed to keep the hoi-polloi from putting on airs and that handed the reigns of power to a savage orange man-ape against the will of the electorate, but lol its some NSA dinguses actually doing their job that shows we're a broken society. gently caress outta here you bitchmades

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

i'm open to any and all theories right now, including outlandish :tinfoil:

please dapper one, expound on your ideas of what might happen

i think he will either go full erdogan on the various IC and state departments or the deep state will force the GOP to impeach the fucker.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/16/rex-tillerson-state-department-sidelined-by-white-house?CMP=share_btn_tw

poo poo like this makes me think Trump will just do mass firings if pushed into a corner since he basically views himself as the state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
what about the hypernormalized state

• Locked thread