Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boner Pill Connoisseur
Apr 23, 2002

I took the blue pill.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I mean, yeah. I thought we all knew this?

I might be wrong but...older theories of governance tended to remove the agency of bureaucrats because the narrative of governance was a dialectic between the public and elected leadership.

Newer theories of governance - 1970s for history/sociology, 2000s for the dimwit branches of academia like political science - focus on the third plank of government: the bureaucracy, whose politics transcend the clean boundaries of political transitions.

Because the public and the press are notoriously slow minded, they're only now cottoning to idea that career bureaucrats aren't just beep boop yes sir robots, but are interested in maintaining the embedded ideology of government itself. Since this is new thinking to such people, naturally it's a spooky conspiracy and not just how any large organisation deals with top-down conflict with the middle management.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread